Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Scoss posted:

The potions are consumed from your inventory, but you are only allowed to "carry" 5 at a time. My understanding is touching the circle at the beginning is what refills you up to "carrying" 5 again (drawing from your inventory stock, not generating potions out of thin air). Usually this happens when you die but technically you can also just walk back and refill. You can also change gear and skills from that circle.

Oh okay. Thank you for the information, but in my experience, having the support walk to the boss usually means the rest of the party is gone and/or expend the rest of the revives. So I normally burn a phoenix plume to come back right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
What's the best value pack or whatever to get from the cash shop for a new player?

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Flair posted:

Also, "your potion stock is refreshed when you die so I've never actually ran out of pots either." I have had cases where I revived and my potions to use 5 again does not show up, and from my experience, the 5 potions are permanently subtracted from my inventory, so I am not too sure what you are trying to say here. I went from 99+ potions to 50 today for my main on Vertus alone.

You restock by going into the glowy yellow circle at spawn. That resets how many potions you can use, but whoever told you the potions aren't taken from your inventory is dead wrong. Think of it as refilling your potion belt from your backpack. You're freshly laden with new potions, but they're still gone from your bag.

Flair posted:

So I normally burn a phoenix plume to come back right away.
I wouldn't do that. You might think you have a lot but they will be hard to come by later.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Umbreon posted:

What's the best value pack or whatever to get from the cash shop for a new player?

I forget what it's called but there's a level up pack that gives you 500 cash shop purple gems every 10 levels, and it ends up being a great deal as long as you use those gems to buy the Aura I believe.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

boz posted:

I forget what it's called but there's a level up pack that gives you 500 cash shop purple gems every 10 levels, and it ends up being a great deal as long as you use those gems to buy the Aura I believe.

This one?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Umbreon posted:

This one?

Yep. That’s the one.

Mari’s Secret Shop buys are good value, but you should only buy them if you actually know you need them.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Spent several hours trying to teach Necromancer's Origin to people and while they were willing to learn, their damage wasn't very good and no group ever had all 4 people alive to do orbs.

Then I joined someone's alt clear group and we beat the thing in 10 minutes flat.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Flair posted:

Also, "your potion stock is refreshed when you die so I've never actually ran out of pots either." I have had cases where I revived and my potions to use 5 again does not show up, and from my experience, the 5 potions are permanently subtracted from my inventory, so I am not too sure what you are trying to say here. I went from 99+ potions to 50 today for my main on Vertus alone.

It sounds like you're doing the fights on multiple alts.
I had the same problem of just running out of pots because my alts just didn't have any in their bank. For some godawful reason the crafted pots from the stronghold can't go in shared roster storage, so you have to craft a new pile of them and then pick them up with the character you want to have them. Smilegate what the gently caress :argh:

I know in abyss raids it's also possible to run forward too fast before the little restock-circle appears, but I don't think that can happen in guardian raids since the stage isn't resetting when you wipe like in abysses.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
i'm at ilvl 580. today i failed 3 times (using 20 stars each attempt) trying to get my weapon from 14 to 15. thank you for reading

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Yeah the potion situation seems a little dire. According to what I've read, it's only the western servers that have locked non purple potions from the auction house. This means the only source of the low level green and blue potions is crafting them yourself from your stronghold which is going to be gated by gathering energy or buying the flowers from the marketboard. Unless this gets changed, I expect flower prices to shoot way up in the marketplace as players get into endgame content and use up their potions from questing.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I'm getting close to 1100 ilvl and I have about 30 green potions left and 80 of the next tier up. Those are all from free rewards. But I haven't been using any on my alts.

For those of you who are working on Tytalos, I'd really recommend just getting to T2 and then going back to solo carry a group for it when you're stronger. I find it almost impossible to clear Tytalos' second phase once he moves, there's just too many stacking mechanics that will kill you other than the instakill attack, and almost assuredly every matchmaked group fails if someone isn't carrying you. It might be possible but still very difficult if you have the highest vitality gear and stone you can get for T1. DPS will still be an issue if you're the only one alive though.

Also this isn't related to any posts recently but I've had nothing but good experiences matchmaking abyssal raids. If you're scared of being insulted for doing it first time or getting obstinate people, it's not really all that likely. Every group I've had has been helpful and communicative. I'm not saying you're guaranteed a good experience, but most people are just watching a youtube guide and queuing right now. You'll get plenty of wipes and confusion, but surprisingly even on instawipe mechanics people have been getting it after a few tries. Maybe that's an understatement. Several. Still it's been very fun working through it with people.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Flair posted:

"The fact that hugging the boss' rear end is something you should explicitly not do to Vertus does not mean it's bunk advice." Alright, so are you saying that if I use my alts (Bard and Gunlancer) for the necromancer dungeon and Lumerus, that if I hug their sides and/or behind, it would work better than what I did with my main on Vertus? As I have said before, I am only looking at the mechanics and movements of the tier 1 endgame stuff.

Yes? Like, just look at Lumerus's attack list:

- Claw Swipe that hits in front of him.
- Breath attack that hits a cone in front of him.
- Leap attack that goes forwards.
- Dash attack that goes forwards (sometimes counterable).
- Geysers, summons a bunch of hazards.
- Shockwave attack, hits everywhere except directly behind him.
- Combo attack, claw swipes in front plus a shockwave hitting everything in front of him.

Literally everything (except the geysers, which you just need to not stand in) is avoided just by standing behind the boss!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This is so loving stupid. I don't even have any more islands left that give harmony shards, as far as I can tell, and I'm stuck with getting my loving weapon to +15. I've failed tempering it four times. I guess I just loving wait for tomorrow and wait to fail it again

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

After you fail a piece enough times it turns into a 100% chance. That's what the big orb is counting up to on the first click of each item. "Artisan energy".

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Am I right in thinking all the people hitting t2 are through multi year content that was trickle released on the Korean servers? Or is that t3?

The compressed timeline of tiers is loving with me and the pacing seems extreme to be jetting up in ilvl like this.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Virigoth posted:

Am I right in thinking all the people hitting t2 are through multi year content that was trickle released on the Korean servers? Or is that t3?

The compressed timeline of tiers is loving with me and the pacing seems extreme to be jetting up in ilvl like this.

The OG came out in Korea in 2018 and only had T1 (up to Phantom Palace).

A lot of the islands that people are using to get tons of T1 mats were patched in later phases as "catch-up mechanics". Stuff like Dreamgull Island and a few others. They didn't have much materials available outside of the daily dungeons and raids, and yeah, it took a lot longer than a week for most people to hit T2.

I hope they really update it and add new classes sooner than later. I love this game but not in a "stick around until christmas for the next patch" kind of way

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Elephunk posted:

The OG came out in Korea in 2018 and only had T1 (up to Phantom Palace).

A lot of the islands that people are using to get tons of T1 mats were patched in later phases as "catch-up mechanics". Stuff like Dreamgull Island and a few others. They didn't have much materials available outside of the daily dungeons and raids, and yeah, it took a lot longer than a week for most people to hit T2.

I hope they really update it and add new classes sooner than later. I love this game but not in a "stick around until christmas for the next patch" kind of way

I heard that we are getting all the missing classes in 2-3 months. I really hope that's true.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I heard that we are getting all the missing classes in 2-3 months. I really hope that's true.

That was the statement during an interview with devs a few weeks ago. No published roadmap or anything yet

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Lawlicaust posted:

That was the statement during an interview with devs a few weeks ago. No published roadmap or anything yet

Devs or Product/Project Managers? Lol.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Virigoth posted:

Devs or Product/Project Managers? Lol.

Interview with the game director. The translations of it are not super clear but the highlights are that he wants all regions synced on content as soon as possible. The NA version should see the first legion raid a month or so after launch. New classes 2-3 months (unclear from translations if that’s one classes or multiple).

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
We seem to only have 8 skill slots, but way more than 8 skills. Am I supposed to just be replacing skills on the hotbar?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Umbreon posted:

We seem to only have 8 skill slots, but way more than 8 skills. Am I supposed to just be replacing skills on the hotbar?

Yes, you have to choose which ones you want to use

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Are the islands actually faster at getting crafting mats than just smashing chaos rifts? Even once you're out of aura or whatever you get those other doodads that you can exchange for more blue/red/green crystals and standing in one spot grinding 5-min rifts seems to be faster than sailing and questing, no?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Matchmaking started to work suddenly so I went for some chaos dungeons fun with some random friends. It certainly was therapeutic to blow stuff up. But I guess I should try the harder group stuff too with my Gunlancer and the playstyle is likely a bit different (guardian raids, abyss dungeons)

Also tried the powerpass and brought my scrapper through the tutorial. That is something that was done very well in Lost ark, it gives you a nice rundown (the game itself doesn't give you as good tutorials for your first character!) and some extra loot like a wolf mount and a bird pet on top of it. And the scrapper destroys everything even though it's just me pushing buttons. Imagine what happens if I learn how to play.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

acumen posted:

Are the islands actually faster at getting crafting mats than just smashing chaos rifts? Even once you're out of aura or whatever you get those other doodads that you can exchange for more blue/red/green crystals and standing in one spot grinding 5-min rifts seems to be faster than sailing and questing, no?

The quickstart 50 guide mentioned visiting a particular island (Dreamgull island?) because it just gives a ton quickly - I'm not sure what's the best source after you've done that + daily chaos.

On that note, I just hit 50 and got to t1 & gear honing - so what's the lazy way forward / what sort of things do I want to try to keep on top of? Chaos dungeons & una tasks?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's wild that one of the things they make you play in the powerpass skip is a section where your character isn't even there.

Ah yes my most important memories, like the time I wasn't there and another guy did stuff.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

It's wild that one of the things they make you play in the powerpass skip is a section where your character isn't even there.

Ah yes my most important memories, like the time I wasn't there and another guy did stuff.

Yeah that was pretty lol but I guess the devs really, REALLY like Armen.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

acumen posted:

Some of the islands give thousands of Guardian or Destruction shards and 100+ leap stones. Starlight isle is over 200 leap stones and ~20k Harmony Shards. It’s a long chain but if you do it while doing Glacier, Runaway, and another one to two, it’s so worth it.

If you just do islands and don’t do any of the daily content you can get to ~500.

Follow this guide: https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/road-to-rohendel

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 22, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Yeah that was pretty lol but I guess the devs really, REALLY like Armen.
Which almost feels funny to me because he then just leaves the story along with the one evil demon who seemed to shlorp up the other evil demons after we weakened them.

Like, I assume both will return at some point, but the story progression is kind of funny with how all over the place it is.

That said, North Vern and Shushire were kind of lame/bland after the streak of Minish Cap, Tournament Arc in fantasy Asia, and steampunk land. Game had me thinking "what wild theme could come next" and it turns out it was just kind of vague vibes of Warcraft 3.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah that is quite a bit. Chaos rifts are just so fast though. I'm 540ish on my main now just by doing daily rifts on three characters and I've barely done any islands. With only an hour to play some days it does seem like daily rifts*3 might be more productive but when I can buckle down for longer sessions I'll start on the islands. From the way everyone's talking about the push to 600 sounds like I'll need everything I can get.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think Vern is the “basic” fantasy land and Luterra is the prologue.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Islands are fun and cool though. But I'm also probably insane, seeing as I'm closing in on 800 Mokoko seeds and it took me nearly 130 hours to get to Rohendel due to wanting to do every possible bit of side content in the way first lol.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

acumen posted:

Yeah that is quite a bit. Chaos rifts are just so fast though. I'm 540ish on my main now just by doing daily rifts on three characters and I've barely done any islands. With only an hour to play some days it does seem like daily rifts*3 might be more productive but when I can buckle down for longer sessions I'll start on the islands. From the way everyone's talking about the push to 600 sounds like I'll need everything I can get.

This is what I’ve been doing because smashing poo poo is way more fun than watching some dinky little boat, but I’m not in any particular hurry either.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Infinity Gaia posted:

Islands are fun and cool though. But I'm also probably insane, seeing as I'm closing in on 800 Mokoko seeds and it took me nearly 130 hours to get to Rohendel due to wanting to do every possible bit of side content in the way first lol.

I'm honestly loving the variety of things to do. I'm sure if you want to rush endgame asap it might get annoying but as far as stuff to do there's no shortage. I just did the peach island last night (henceforth known as rear end Island) and I like that kind of poo poo that just pops up. I just made it to the western seas too which opens up a ton more stuff to do.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Are there any good guides on rosters and how the game works wrt other characters, because I've pretty much been chilling with one character, and clearly there's all kinds of "well, actually, you're supposed to do the same thing three times a day, if you're doing it right" or something like that.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

acumen posted:

Just an FYI to avoid confusion- you are talking about chaos dungeons. Chaos Rifts are the things that spawn periodically in the open world that 30 people can enter to kill a few bosses and auction off a map at the end.

Yes this game has a dozen different examples of things named nearly identically to something else in the game and it definitely takes a bit to keep everything straight.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Which almost feels funny to me because he then just leaves the story along with the one evil demon who seemed to shlorp up the other evil demons after we weakened them.

Like, I assume both will return at some point, but the story progression is kind of funny with how all over the place it is.

I was pleasantly surprised you get a quest after Rohendal that has you following the memories of Armen and Kharmime as they did a lil world tour trying to break Armen’s soul.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’m taking my time and I’m at like ilvl 340 or so and I feel like I am severely behind.

I’m not going to do anything about that because I’m having a lot of fun just lazily doing story quests and doing fun dungeons (holy poo poo I love chaos dungeons) and raids and islands and junk.

If the first raids are anything to go by I think I should play Bard

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Suprfli6 posted:

Just an FYI to avoid confusion- you are talking about chaos dungeons. Chaos Rifts are the things that spawn periodically in the open world that 30 people can enter to kill a few bosses and auction off a map at the end.

Yes this game has a dozen different examples of things named nearly identically to something else in the game and it definitely takes a bit to keep everything straight.

lol of course the thing that most resembles diablo greater rifts is not the activity called "rift"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

acumen posted:

You can also just do rifts every 3 days and get the same rewards with the rested bonus. I have a bunch of characters that I only touch twice a week when bonuses stack up.