Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

cowboy beepboop posted:

If there is ever a real peak oil or whatever will stop gas/petrol being cheap I assume we will just abandon the outer suburbs to nature. roads will crack and things will grow and their roots will eventually break up the surface. I doubt we will get ever around to replacing every single car with an electric version, most people are in denial about that.

eg

ironically gonna be a ton of fun for kids to bike on

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Yeah that is when Obama deregulated fracking.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

That was him, folks. You're welcome

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

cowboy beepboop posted:

If there is ever a real peak oil or whatever will stop gas/petrol being cheap I assume we will just abandon the outer suburbs to nature. roads will crack and things will grow and their roots will eventually break up the surface. I doubt we will get ever around to replacing every single car with an electric version, most people are in denial about that.

eg

That is beautiful

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/centralia-graffiti-highway-buried

sorry but you will never be allowed to enjoy a carless road

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

https://old.reddit.com/r/PersonalFinanceCanada/comments/swl4t3/sons_auto_insurance_would_be_13000_a_year/

This moron had a 100% at fault accident totalling two cars, has multiple other tickets, and still no action is going to be taken to get him to stop loving driving and menacing other people.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/urbanthoughts11/status/1495354831753547777?s=20&t=Y5eKsvSvJ0ZtfZAJ7aYCnQ

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

cowboy beepboop posted:

eg

I live in a city, during the depths of the pandemic when traffic was way down it was nice to wander the quieter streets. I daydream about replacing the middle two lanes with a huge strip of plant life. I assume it would have to be in an artificial planter bed or something because the soil if there’s even any under there at all is probably irradiated and toxic

mostly I just really hate cars and roads and traffic and it gets worse the older I get

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The early pandemic shutdowns were really cool for seeing how quickly nature came back in. Every crack in the asphalt fills up with plants. Deer came back into town. I found a brick plaza covered in pansies because no one had hit it with a leaf blower in months.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The early pandemic shutdowns were really cool for seeing how quickly nature came back in. Every crack in the asphalt fills up with plants. Deer came back into town. I found a brick plaza covered in pansies because no one had hit it with a leaf blower in months.

David Attenborough even made a documentary about it- worth checking out if you happen to have Apple+

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Year_Earth_Changed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Cities look so much nicer when there's a shitton of trees and green space. Even grass isn't too bad if it's for parks and meadows.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Save us Xi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAOYz8FcDiQ

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
bmw owners just straight up nasty

hosed in the head, deviants and perverts

https://i.imgur.com/4ADEOYI.mp4

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

:eyepoop: goddamn how much does it cost to keep the cum tanks topped off?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

Is this supposed to do something aside from making the car jizz on itself?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

what's the point in this, looks stupid

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Clark Nova posted:

:eyepoop: goddamn how much does it cost to keep the cum tanks topped off?

depends on what you're lookin for friend. vaccinated or unvaccinated?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I love 2 drive (still 60 bucks lol)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson has issued a correction as of 23:44 on Feb 21, 2022

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

bedpan posted:

Is this supposed to do something aside from making the car jizz on itself?

1. releases VOC's into the atmosphere whenever some coked out idiot decides his precious beemer is dirty
2. adds a little bit more excess mass when said idiot plows into your toddler

e: 3. breaks and can be serviced at enormous expense

Clark Nova has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Feb 22, 2022

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
It's aimed at cleaning the cameras.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Have you ever looked into a car and seen someone happy?

Ever?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

never_trust_a_liberal.mp4

mystes
May 31, 2006

A bunch of dumb people in that sub were also furious that the mod temporarily added a rainbow to the header image.

The idea that it shouldn't endorse leftist ideas because it might turn people off is really stupid because the whole sub is just people ranting about cars to each other like this thread, it's not seriously trying to do advocacy to convince average americans that cars are bad.

A lot of americans just literally can't accept that even a single thing china has done could possibly be good though.

mystes has issued a correction as of 03:58 on Feb 22, 2022

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mystes posted:

A bunch of dumb people in that sub were also furious that the mod temporarily added a rainbow to the header image.

The idea that it shouldn't endorse leftist ideas because it might turn people off is really stupid because the whole sub is just people ranting about cars to each other like this thread, it's not seriously trying to do advocacy to convince average americans that cars are bad.

A lot of americans just literally can't accept that even a single thing china has done could possibly be good though.

It's capitalist realism, these infrastructure things and investments/prioritization in the common good that China is doing just by decree are things we have been told for decades are impossible fantasies, as part of a deliberate project to reign expectations back in so the bread and circuses and can just be a re-run ala doing stuff we did 80 years ago like going to the moon or....well that's it, everything else like providing for people in their elder years or making even a single thing universal aren't even allowed to be mentioned anymore

If you can stand up an entire medicare/medicaid program in under a year then by god that does not allow it to become completely defanged and compromised, so the new standard must become that any changes at all, at any level, must take years and years and go through 10,000 different layers of NGO and party establishment approval

We had coast to coast rail networks to the extent that you could take city trolleys from NE Maine to Chicago but we've since paved over those tracks and if you start asking about doing all that again you're going to suddenly be told that actually what you should worry about is the property values of homeowners who are in every single way opposed to every single thing you support

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
One thing that does suck about bikes is when your chain comes off the chainring in the middle of 5 lanes of traffic and you have to crouch on a median strip 2 feet wide while trying to get it back on as fast as possible

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

El Pollo Blanco posted:

One thing that does suck about bikes is when your chain comes off the chainring in the middle of 5 lanes of traffic and you have to crouch on a median strip 2 feet wide while trying to get it back on as fast as possible

get a less lovely chain and get your poo poo together jfc

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

El Pollo Blanco posted:

use more lube

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I'm all for gently caress cars, but for real don't ride clunkers in traffic

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Sounds like a situation that sucks because of cars.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cat Puke posted:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cat Puke posted:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

😍
https://twitter.com/TheDigitalMaori/status/1495978227159822336

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

King

also you can get your chain back on just by shifting the front derailleur to the middle chainring ( or if you're on a double, the chainring opposite the side of wherever the chain fell off) and pedaling real slow

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 13:48 on Feb 22, 2022

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
posting 20 minutes late getting home from traffic to say: gently caress cars

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
why does the accelerometer bottom out at 10 mph

I haven't gone over 10 mph in 15 minutes lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

think about how much a gallon is. envision a one gallon jug of milk

and we individually just casually burn that much gasoline daily. sometimes two!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
is there any chance that ukraine / russia stuff will cause US gas prices to rise? 🙏

I heard that the nord 2 pipeline might make european gas prices go crazy but it's hard to tell if that extends to the US

I can't even imagine the tantrum americans will throw if gas ever breaks $5/gallon 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏