Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

What buffs does EMC usually keep up? I'm leveling all of my combat jobs up to 90, and my eye twitches every time heat of battle isn't up, which is all of the time in my current fc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

bi crimes posted:

What buffs does EMC usually keep up? I'm leveling all of my combat jobs up to 90, and my eye twitches every time heat of battle isn't up, which is all of the time in my current fc

you can get squadron battle manuals from doing your gc squadron missions that'll be just as good as heat of battle III and better than heat of battle II, fwiw

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

bi crimes posted:

EMC usually has Reduced Rates and Meat & Mead.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Shadowbringers MSQ complete! Now to finish the raids and then on to Endwalker.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

YggiDee posted:

EMC usually has Reduced Rates and Meat & Mead.

I appreciate reduced rates as I am pinching pennies to try and make sure I can enter the Ishgard house lottery in April. Dye baron seems like reliable and steady income at least.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

:toot:

Next, I'll work on getting the mount from SoS EX, the last one I need for Landerwaffe. Then I'll get the last four Field Notes and ease up on XIV for a bit.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Double double, toil and trouble, Heavensward LP updates bubble... to the surface. Rhyming is hard

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does every EX trial get a mount? If so i hope the Endsinger one is just the boss giving you a piggy back ride.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 22, 2022

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
All but one, and they're all themed to be different forms of the same thing per expansion. Endwalker gets flying panther-like things.
ARR was horses, HW was birds, SB was dogs, and ShB was the dragon-like gwibers.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah but normally they're all variations on the same thing, with a final special one if you get all of them. 2.x is all horses, 3.x is birds, 4.x is dogs, and 5.x is dragons

Edit: beaten.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

All but one, and they're all themed to be different forms of the same thing per expansion. Endwalker gets flying panther-like things.

Or for the alliteration: ponies, pigeons, puppies, pragons, and panthers.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

At last. Freedom.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Collecting all of them gives you a special mount, too. ARR and HW just gave you golden, slightly different versions of the mount of that expac, but Stormblood and Shadowbringers had Tamamo-no-Gozen and a giant mecha-dragon. I hope that Endwalker has Ra-La as the bonus mount.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 22, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Whoops, someone messed up.
https://twitter.com/roefizzlebeef/status/1495873021827072015?t=ah8iT3bBjHFXgTGeGNZJvQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/roefizzlebeef/status/1495945857887346692?t=xeNtsNVc7SEz-Z_nt5PPmQ&s=19

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Frida Call Me posted:

you can get squadron battle manuals from doing your gc squadron missions that'll be just as good as heat of battle III and better than heat of battle II, fwiw

Are squadron battle manuals still worth it now it's only bosses that give exp?

Also yes, join EMC, we need more activity.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/roefizzlebeef/status/1495946461321777154?s=20&t=69Ja75RrhFzo2zfhiWe0Tg

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

What's the intended end goal for these bits? Why are they so desperate to buy a basic battlecraft accessory?

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Mainwaring posted:

What's the intended end goal for these bits? Why are they so desperate to buy a basic battlecraft accessory?

the bots march through the low-level msq, collecting gil from quest rewards to deliver to their shadowy masters, and occasionally need to hit up the shops to upgrade their gear. sometimes you might even get one in a lowbie dungeon!

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Are squadron battle manuals still worth it now it's only bosses that give exp?

15% * (a bunch of small things) = 15% * (the same amount summed up at once) by distributive property, so they're just as valuable as they were before.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That was not a relaxing meal :suspense:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

There was emergency maintenance on a weirdly specific set of zones last night. Somebody in NN joked that they were doing it to gently caress with bots. Maybe they were right?

E: oh wait the tweet was from before maintenance. But I guess if somebody hosed up their bot script so badly that it became so publicly obvious, that might have prompted maintenance to remove them all.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Zutaten posted:

the bots march through the low-level msq, collecting gil from quest rewards to deliver to their shadowy masters, and occasionally need to hit up the shops to upgrade their gear. sometimes you might even get one in a lowbie dungeon!

I wound up tanking an in progress haukke run where the other three were blatant bots. Teleporting to each boss then porting into a wall so they could invuln beat it down. It was weird but entertaining.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1496077718273724416

The free trial of Final Fantasy XIV which includes all of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning expansion Heavensward and lets you play up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime is back

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Thundarr posted:

There was emergency maintenance on a weirdly specific set of zones last night. Somebody in NN joked that they were doing it to gently caress with bots. Maybe they were right?

E: oh wait the tweet was from before maintenance. But I guess if somebody hosed up their bot script so badly that it became so publicly obvious, that might have prompted maintenance to remove them all.

The maintenance was to implement "countermeasures against fraudulent activities for NPC stores" (gold dupe bug), so it would appear those bots weren't stuck, they were doing exactly what they were intended to do.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Andrew Verse posted:

The maintenance was to implement "countermeasures against fraudulent activities for NPC stores" (gold dupe bug), so it would appear those bots weren't stuck, they were doing exactly what they were intended to do.

So was it like a situation where you'd get a small profit buying one thing from a vendor and selling it to another vendor?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Completed Tataru's questline in Stormblood, I like this thing StB keeps doing in trials where the last phase of the fight transforms the arena completely. The last trial in this questline is especially cool with the raging storm visuals matching with how hectic the fight can get. Also Soken keeps hitting it out of the park with these themes, the basslines in particular in these trial themes have been killer.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Andrew Verse posted:

Oh. Well that's also a good reason for emergency maintenance. Hopefully most of the duped gold got nuked prior to circulating too.

Also <Wanderer> means you're using world visit, right? Is it normal for people to do that with bots rather than just run them on their home server?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe Gilbots are just clones from Azys Lla that were poorly designed.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That was not a relaxing meal :suspense:

:allears:

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Andrew Verse posted:

Seeing this tweet

https://twitter.com/maggff14/status/1495910698878390273

then go into the emergency maintenance into an update made me think there was some thing the NPCs were selling that sold back for like a gil or two more lol.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
So what exactly did the maint do?

edit for content:

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1496011374568558592?s=20&t=d3MImrb7uVliJH76hvcOIA

Leraika fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 22, 2022

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Thundarr posted:

Oh. Well that's also a good reason for emergency maintenance. Hopefully most of the duped gold got nuked prior to circulating too.

Also <Wanderer> means you're using world visit, right? Is it normal for people to do that with bots rather than just run them on their home server?

Yeah; they create the bots on Preferred Worlds so they get the EXP buff for faster leveling, then go to another world that isn't running bot scripts so they aren't competing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1496152834634518528?t=F3nO1_gqgjC0auuVwGMhIQ&s=19

Is this new art?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

loving finally, I've been wanting this for ages.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Waffleman_ posted:

Is this new art?

It's set in Thavnair, so it's at least relatively new. I don't remember seeing it before now, either, so I think it's probably completely new.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm happy for sandwich Hrothgar

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm happy for sandwich Hrothgar

lol didn't notice this

I like that he's stealing it out of a picnic basket like he's Yogi Bear.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

lol didn't notice this

I like that he's stealing it out of a picnic basket like he's Yogi Bear.

I'm alarmed by Long Potato standing behind the basket.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

I'm alarmed by Long Potato standing behind the basket.

It's kinda hard to tell unless you squint, but that's a Xaela with the dark-colored horns and some scales on her neck.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Nobody going to mention the impending collision of Absolute Good against Absolute Evil that is the serpent and beaver?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Whoever Wins, We Lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DrakePegasus posted:

Nobody going to mention the impending collision of Absolute Good against Absolute Evil that is the serpent and beaver?

Check the eyelines. Serpent's gonna win that one, their target isn't the mithkabobs.