Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

sounds like someone wants to widen the gap between their jaw and their shoulders.

Lol, but also, yes, I will be making some horrible goblins in the character creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crepeface posted:

gently caress katanas

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Read the room retard

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bet this guy is gonna let out a huge groan when he finds the moonlight greatsword

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the moonlight greatsword kicks rear end though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

durr let me poo poo talk the only thing that makes int builds fun

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Str build. Gonna use the starting class with the axe and crush everything with thunderous two handed strikes.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hope the MLGS in this is as sick as the Holy Moonlight Sword in Bloodborne

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

magic looks really sick in this game.. but I'm worried it'll make things too easy

This is true for every single from game lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

magic looks really sick in this game.. but I'm worried it'll make things too easy

it absolutely will guaranteed

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Magic let’s you have so much option with staying at range as well as op damage and homing. On top of that you can do melee just as well as a str build due to magic upgrades on weapons. I’m doing my first magic build in demons and I’ve only died twice 2/3s through the game and once was when I walked off a cliff

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
im wondering if ill stick with one build/character through the base game and see how far ill push it over NG+ or if ill want to change things up and just to go over the base game again with a new build, but now that im typing that i realize it would probably hinder the story building with losing all items/descriptions. one of my favorite gaming experiences ever was playing bloodborne the 1st time and piecing together the story in real time before reading other ppls thoughts on it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Magic let’s you have so much option with staying at range as well as op damage and homing. On top of that you can do melee just as well as a str build due to magic upgrades on weapons. I’m doing my first magic build in demons and I’ve only died twice 2/3s through the game and once was when I walked off a cliff

Magic is at its most OP in Demon's Souls since MP regen is so easy to get and you can one-shot bosses with Fire Storm

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
It's pretty OP in dark souls too since you don't have mana and the dark bead can one shot bosses too

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

creating 6 different builds and ending up playing the one that you made look like Sam Mallone carrying a club for 100 hours ftw

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
iirc mana or whatever even recharges in this, so magic will be easier than usual

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

creating 6 different builds and ending up playing the one that you made look like Sam Mallone carrying a club for 100 hours ftw

Lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

iirc mana or whatever even recharges in this, so magic will be easier than usual

Ah the cinders gimmick.

That was a good qol inclusion.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You want to be where you can see
Our builds are all the same
You want to be where everybody loves to game

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Harrow posted:

Magic is at its most OP in Demon's Souls since MP regen is so easy to get and you can one-shot bosses with Fire Storm

I don’t even mean this stuff. Like the basic soul arrow is so powerful and useful to just have an easy ranger attack at all times that scales up with your magic damage too. Then like defence up and fire protect spells befor tou even start transmuting then demon souls.

Like in 4-1 easily blowing the manga rays out of the sky. Or in 1-1 the surprisingly dangerous flame dreglgins on the narrow stairs with explosive barrels. Or that in all of 2 the miners are pretty weak to magic damage so didn’t even need to switch to a piecing weapon.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really need to play cinders. I have it installed and just never played it past Gundyr I don't think.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Larry Parrish posted:

I really need to play cinders. I have it installed and just never played it past Gundyr I don't think.

its okay, it gets kinda annoying in places. i enjoyed it overall though

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I don't know if they fixed it in more recent versions of cinders but when I last played it a year or so back it seemed that only a couple of builds worked late game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I don’t even mean this stuff. Like the basic soul arrow is so powerful and useful to just have an easy ranger attack at all times that scales up with your magic damage too. Then like defence up and fire protect spells befor tou even start transmuting then demon souls.

Like in 4-1 easily blowing the manga rays out of the sky. Or in 1-1 the surprisingly dangerous flame dreglgins on the narrow stairs with explosive barrels. Or that in all of 2 the miners are pretty weak to magic damage so didn’t even need to switch to a piecing weapon.

Oh yeah soul arrow basically beats the entire early game for you, especially if you're a Royal and started with the MP regen ring. It's nuts. Late game bows are an even better ranged attack since bows are amazing in Demon's but by then magic users have Soul Ray and Fire Storm and Homing Soul Arrow a moon or crescent Uchigatana just tearing poo poo up

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

It's annoying how bad bows are in the rest of the series tbh.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dark souls 3 magic kind of sucks outside of weapon buffs

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Mah gamer lappeh is fully prepared.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Grandmother of Five posted:

Bought this and slowly starting to gett excited about the prospect of refusing to use a shield, a bow, any kind of sorcery, miracles, hexes, pyromancy, crossbow or coop summons.

This

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scary ghost dog posted:

dark souls 3 magic kind of sucks outside of weapon buffs

they're in this weird place where they're not good at pvp and not great at pve either. I tried so hard to make flashsword work...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i will always go str+faith, over and over again until the end of time

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I saw that there was a class called "Astrologer" so I'm going to pick that. No idea what it does.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
There t'was a class that allowed you to start with bitches but they dummied that poo poo out of the game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Think I might start as a Confessor because it's all set up for you to be a sneaky faith assassin and that sounds kind of cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What does faith get you as aside from homeward. I hope they’re easy to get again. Don’t see why they don’t just give you the unlimited one from the start like Sekiro

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Oh cool, I picked this starting item. Let's read the lore text-- From Software has done it again! Godlike! Geniuses! H'okay... Calm down. Focus. Ahem. "Liar Pygmym's Soured Ring... The Liar once bequeathed unto the bearer a clue.." What does that mean? Was this GRRM? God he's good. [Uses the item and a text popup indicates "Searching for Clue..... Searching for Clue...." before finally popping up again and stating "No clues found." My game hard resets and I sit there in stunned silence.

Oh. My. God. They have motherfucking DONE IT AGAIN!!!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

At least going by the network test miracles in Elden Ring look cool as hell, lots more offensive miracles this time, and the confessor looks like it starts with one that silences your footsteps (which I think used to be a sorcery in older games)

Also assuming it hasn't changed from the network test, pyromancy is all in miracles now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Oh cool, I picked this starting item. Let's read the lore text-- From Software has done it again! Godlike! Geniuses! H'okay... Calm down. Focus. Ahem. "Liar Pygmym's Soured Ring... The Liar once bequeathed unto the bearer a clue.." What does that mean? Was this GRRM? God he's good. [Uses the item and a text popup indicates "Searching for Clue..... Searching for Clue...." before finally popping up again and stating "No clues found." My game hard resets and I sit there in stunned silence.

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hizke posted:

In my massive VR rig so all you can see is my big lips moving with no game audio: Oh my God.

Oh my God, dude.

..Gwyndolyn's Knave Purse! Of course.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In my massive VR rig so all you can see is my big lips moving with no game audio: Oh my God.

Oh my God, dude.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh my God, dude.

lmfao