Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kongming posted:

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade + Intermission DLC. Dare I challenge Weiss, the Immaculate?

Its rad that they added Dirge of Cerberus bosses into the remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've never played Dirge and have only heard bad things about it, so their addition doesn't mean much to me. The one in the Yuffie DLC was alright but I felt like the bosses in the DLC overall were too easy because Synergize was so strong. Synergized Art of War did a quarter of a bosses healthbar, more if it was staggered.

Like legit the hardest encounter in the entire DLC was a drat Wrath Hound in chapter 1. Those things are fuckers.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
7. Tales of Arise (Normal, Meneiys Defeated, All Fish, All Owls, Grand Gnome Defeated, Procella Sylph Defeated)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mamkute posted:

7. Tales of Arise (Normal, Meneiys Defeated, All Fish, All Owls, Grand Gnome Defeated, Procella Sylph Defeated)

Lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kongming posted:

I've never played Dirge and have only heard bad things about it, so their addition doesn't mean much to me. The one in the Yuffie DLC was alright but I felt like the bosses in the DLC overall were too easy because Synergize was so strong. Synergized Art of War did a quarter of a bosses healthbar, more if it was staggered.

Like legit the hardest encounter in the entire DLC was a drat Wrath Hound in chapter 1. Those things are fuckers.

lol yeah those dogs were rough. I liked the dlc a lot and the dirge parts were good enough on their own but it was a weird tonal clash with the rest of the dlc. Yuffie at the end bawling and pounding the ground in the last fmv especially

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kongming posted:

I mean, the fact that Dirge was godawful and they just kinda rolled with it 15 years after the fact instead of rightfully memory holeing it is just such a cool move.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Nero does have a cool design tho.

Anyway I beat The Forgotten City and I was honestly really impressed by it. Timeloop games are kinda flavor of the month right now but I think it did everything right and then ended before it could gently caress up too much. Certainly helps that the ending doesn't pull any punches and it goes exactly where you think its going.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

1. SMT V
2. FFV Pixel Remaster
3. Trials of Mana (Switch port)

It was pretty cool seeing this game on a giant TV screen instead of emulated on a computer monitor. It always had some of my favourite art from the 16-bit era.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish they'd opted to go with the online multiplayer for Trials of Mana, my brother and I would have played it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mamkute posted:

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mamkute posted:

i assume it was good?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mamkute posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
grand gnome

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Grand Gnome Defeated

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

All fish, all owls

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Grand Gnome Defeated

goddamnit. we keep telling larry not to post in the gray forums!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

finally getting all fish and all owls, logging onto impzone to post the game beat and Larry's boss music starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0WzayKjk8&t=31s

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

finally getting all fish and all owls, logging onto impzone to post the game beat and Larry's boss music starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0WzayKjk8&t=31s

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgb1ZgJoydA

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

extremebuff posted:

lol

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

mycophobia posted:

i assume it was good?

Yes, however not as good as Berseria

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

little larry-rear end monster

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

EarthBound

First time I played this game for real instead of just checking out the beginning of it on an emulator. Just a fun simple little jrpg. Jeff getting an infinite ammo bazooka rules

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Kirby Super Star. Pretty fun. I enjoyed the gimmicks that mix up traditional Kirby gameplay like the treasure-hunting in The Great Cave Offensive or the whole power system in the last game. It had a little more bite than the more recent games too, there were a lot of traps that the devs troll you with that always made me laugh, like 1-ups that are actually inaccessible and will just lead you to falling onto spikes or something when you try to go for it--which sounds like a bad thing but there's infinite continues and it's not particularly challenging aside from that so it feels more like a funny prank than a mean trick. The character designs, animation, and music are all fantastic too.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just finished Sonic Adventure DX, which didn’t really age as well as I thought it had. I forgot how many reused open world ‘puzzles’ and boss fights between the characters there were, and the final fight was even more disappointing than I remembered it being- aside from being significantly faster and easier than any of the other bosses, the decision to switch the hype vocal theme with some boring track halfway through the fight still baffles me as much as it did the first time playing two decades ago. I don’t regret going back to play it though. On to Sonic Adventure 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

8) Wind Waker Randomizer

Ended up having to get every single check in the game except the bottom of the Savage Labyrinth which probably contained the Telescope lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

6. Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom
Pretty cool except for half the rooms in level 7 sucked rear end. And the hitboxes are wack. I was playing on the US version with hacks applied that were supposed to revert it to JP difficulty, but continuing still worked the US way where it put me back at the beginning of level 7 instead of the sub-section i was in. I finally switched to the JP version since the passwords are compatible and then ended up not using a continue anyway.

vod part 1, part 2

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
1. Assassin’s Creed: Origins
2. Hitman
3. Hitman 2
4. Hitman 3

5. Inscryption

i dont know man. it was really cool in the first act. nose dived the second. third act tried but couldnt pull it up. i kept hearing about a crazy rear end ending but i didnt find it worth it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

John Romero posted:

5. Inscryption

i dont know man. it was really cool in the first act. nose dived the second. third act tried but couldnt pull it up. i kept hearing about a crazy rear end ending but i didnt find it worth it.
I liked it the whole way through, but Daniel Mullins games are developing a bad habit of starting out intriguing and mysterious then getting lost in the weeds with the spooky meta bullshit

"turns out the game you're playing is actually a game, made by a game developer, and you're actually playing as someone who's playing it"

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just finished Sonic Adventure DX, which didn’t really age as well as I thought it had. I forgot how many reused open world ‘puzzles’ and boss fights between the characters there were, and the final fight was even more disappointing than I remembered it being- aside from being significantly faster and easier than any of the other bosses, the decision to switch the hype vocal theme with some boring track halfway through the fight still baffles me as much as it did the first time playing two decades ago. I don’t regret going back to play it though. On to Sonic Adventure 2

I love sonic adventure one because it was like my first "next gen" game on dreamcast I ever played, so I love it for that. Feels really, really weird too and gives off some strange vibes, especially the music. SA2 is one of the worst goddamn games I ever played in my life lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Cubone posted:

I liked it the whole way through, but Daniel Mullins games are developing a bad habit of starting out intriguing and mysterious then getting lost in the weeds with the spooky meta bullshit

"turns out the game you're playing is actually a game, made by a game developer, and you're actually playing as someone who's playing it"

If you're talking about all the ARG bullshit I agree, that stuff can kick rocks; but if you're talking about all the goofy pulpy "what if SATAN made a game" or "What if game characters killed their own dev" that poo poo is cool and I'm glad he's doing it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The music in sa1 is impeccable and theres smth to be said about how much less railroady the stage design is than in later ones

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
It Takes Two

very fun couch co-op with lots of nice different mechanics but the story was so loving stupid oh my god. most insane part was when we murder the beloved favorite toy of our daughter to save ourselves and then it doesnt even do anything. it was a darkly hilarious scene where you have to drag them to the edge of a cliff and throw them off while th'eyre struggling and crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
hosed me and my wife up.