Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Tinykin demo is quite good if you like 3D platformers. Will try Neon White in a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Souldiers seems decent if you like sidescrollers, I think. Nice pixel art.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Rebel Blob posted:

Kinda surprised that no-one has mentioned the Ixion demo yet. It's a survival city-builder in the vein of Frostpunk, where you are the administrator of an enormous toroidal spaceship. So it ends up a mix of Frostpunk and Startopia, where your build area is on the interior ring. You have to send out smaller ships to gather supplies and resolve events out in the solar systems that you visit in order to survive. It's looking pretty good from the demo, which is the tutorial prologue chapter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGlFvRpfiHE

I tried the demo but I couldn't build roads? They just kinda stayed under construction for the entire game? IT's very weird

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Jarvisi posted:

I tried the demo but I couldn't build roads? They just kinda stayed under construction for the entire game? IT's very weird
I didn't have any issues, but looking at the Steam forum, the demo can be somewhat buggy. Apparently the construction bot that builds things, including roads, can just stop taking orders.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Boundary is cool because the concept is inherently awesome, hard to tell how good the actual game is. Was having server troubles queing into the non-round-based mode, though got into one match.

Turbo Overkill meanwhile kicks so much rear end.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Autopsy simulator and Ixion were really cool.

Can't wait for Ixion to come out, it seems quite neat. I really liked Frostpunk, but drat was that game ever depressing. Ixion seems like a mixture of hope and despair.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Hero's Hour is a pixel Heroes of Might and Magic clone with real time battles

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
If you liked Beat Hazard, Beat Hazard 3 is very much Beat Hazard except it can just recognize desktop audio and identify the song from that, so you can stream from Spotify or whatever instead of needing local music files. Very cool. Also the demo defaults to hardcore difficulty and 200% effects so dial that poo poo down if you start playing and have no idea what's going on and die in three seconds.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Played Scathe. Game sucks. At times it looks like Doom Eternal and then you actually start moving and shooting and it all falls apart.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rebel Blob posted:

Kinda surprised that no-one has mentioned the Ixion demo yet. It's a survival city-builder in the vein of Frostpunk, where you are the administrator of an enormous toroidal spaceship. So it ends up a mix of Frostpunk and Startopia, where your build area is on the interior ring. You have to send out smaller ships to gather supplies and resolve events out in the solar systems that you visit in order to survive. It's looking pretty good from the demo, which is the tutorial prologue chapter.

Well, this seems rad

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Propaganda Hour posted:

Played Scathe. Game sucks. At times it looks like Doom Eternal and then you actually start moving and shooting and it all falls apart.

Yeah it's no bueno.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Got some more games of Boundary in, yeah, it's cool.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Rebel Blob posted:

this looks sick as hell

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

StarkRavingMad posted:

If you liked Beat Hazard, Beat Hazard 3 is very much Beat Hazard except it can just recognize desktop audio and identify the song from that, so you can stream from Spotify or whatever instead of needing local music files

SOLD

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Glitchhiiker: The Spaces Between seems neat, depending on how much content it has in the full game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Propaganda Hour posted:

at the very least the half-second slow start whenever you move in any direction, and the blood staying on your screen until you press the face wipe button, need to be thrown in the dumpster immediately

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fuligin posted:

this looks sick as hell

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rebel Blob posted:

I've just played through the demo and liked it a whole lot. The gameplay is solid and I appreciated how the tutorial isn't too handholdy. But I particularly enjoyed the story and its presentation. The idea of some self-aggrandazing techbro CEO deciding that only he is enough of a visionary to save humanity by some harebrained scheme, and then ending up making everything worse by literally blowing up the moon during an over-produced publicity event is just pitch-perfect. :allears:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Vasler posted:

Can't wait for Ixion to come out, it seems quite neat. I really liked Frostpunk, but drat was that game ever depressing. Ixion seems like a mixture of hope and despair.

Also I much prefer the sci-fi setting.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Propaganda Hour posted:

They’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel for FPS game verbs these days. Coming up in 2023, Lightly Rebuke.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Turbo Overkill: Very good. Pretty as hell, more involved upgrade mechanics than I'd have expected. Gun balance needs big work, and the game is just slightly too fast for the size of the arenas. Make it 10-20% slower and you'd end up with something great.

Gatewalkers: Survival Crafting coop Diablo with great controls? Reminds me a little of a more polished, less ambitious Soldak game. Has real potential to be a huge hit.

Rogue Command: Absolutely god-awful. Petroglyph level UI on a roguelike CnC with card mechanics. The moment I saw no WASD camera *and* no key-rebinding it went into the bin.

The Unliving: Potentially really awesome roguelike Twin-Stick shooter where you control a Necromancer so every enemy you kill turns into a minion. But the minion AI is broken (according to the devs), so why even release a demo?

Scathe: Tries to be Doom Eternal, but controls terribly as mentioned by goons above.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

First one to quote this post gets PER ASPERA as a humble key

e: gone!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 22, 2022

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

First one to quote this post gets CALICO as a humble key

(calico is a magical girl cat cafe sim. I haven't played it yet)

e: Sent!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 22, 2022

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

StrixNebulosa posted:

First one to quote this post gets PER ASPERA as a humble key

Sure, why not

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

StrixNebulosa posted:

First one to quote this post gets CALICO as a humble key

(calico is a magical girl cat cafe sim. I haven't played it yet)

I have been wanting to try this...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Phew I can finally close that tab. Firefox is asking for an update and that means sorting and closing tabs and I've been getting messy lately.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Bethesda Launcher is being retired, unsurprisingly since they're under Microsoft now

They'll offer a way to migrate game licenses and wallet balance to Steam

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1496146813220499458

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

repiv posted:

Bethesda Launcher is being retired

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

they had a launcher?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

repiv posted:

Bethesda Launcher is being retired, unsurprisingly since they're under Microsoft now

They'll offer a way to migrate game licenses and wallet balance to Steam

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1496146813220499458

Oh, sweet. I'll get to have my copy of DOOM Eternal on Steam now, thankfully.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

they had a launcher?

I don't think anything was exclusive to there but it was often cheaper than Steam for a while

With Doom Eternal all the legit key resellers only had BethLauncher keys for example

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Really wish Origin did this

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

repiv posted:

I don't think anything was exclusive to there but it was often cheaper than Steam for a while

Didn't they try the launcher-exclusive thing with Fallout 76 (!) originally?

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I'm quite surprised that Microsoft didn't migrate the games to their horrible MS Store instead. At least this is one launcher dead in our endless launcher war.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

Didn't they try the launcher-exclusive thing with Fallout 76 (!) originally?

Oh yeah, FO76 launched in 2018 and didn't come to Steam until 2020

For that game they already offered a migration path to Steam for those who'd bought it on their launcher already

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Wasn't the launcher the only way to start the Construction Kit? Or am I mistaking that for something else?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
How quickly we forget the legendary game Wolfenstein: Youngblood.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Steam Next Festival Indie Game Roundup Part One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCK-0W3jRqs

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I was unaware Bethesda even had a launcher? Is it something that was introduced after Skyrim?

There’s a client for ESO but I’m guessing that’s different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Fruits of the sea posted:

I was unaware Bethesda even had a launcher? Is it something that was introduced after Skyrim?

There’s a client for ESO but I’m guessing that’s different.

Pretty sure it was for Fallout 76 at the start