Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
literally the only two things i can think clint howard was in is the boat guy in uwe boll's 'house of the dead' and a 5 second cameo as 'guy who talks into radio' in an austin powers movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You don't remember him from Ice Cream Man? It was featured in the direct-to-video BotW.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

I should recognise the third guy but I can't quite put it together. Who is it

E: wait it's Nog isn't it

Frequent Star Trek guest star Clint Howard

Nog's actor looked normal but he did have a big ol' forehead

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 22, 2022

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Mac and Cheese posted:

literally the only two things i can think clint howard was in is the boat guy in uwe boll's 'house of the dead' and a 5 second cameo as 'guy who talks into radio' in an austin powers movie

https://i.imgur.com/I1rBD4Q.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/sRQja1A.mp4

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 22, 2022

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mac and Cheese posted:

He is in literally every Ron Howard movie or tv show. He pops up in tons of horror and 'b-movies'

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
he has 250 acting credits. rarely lead roles, but he's in tons of poo poo.

the ending of evilspeak is nuts and people should watch it.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rydiafan posted:

You don't remember him from Ice Cream Man? It was featured in the direct-to-video BotW.

His best role

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's not normal for someone to be born fully developed, wtf

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

content!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6n-vo8rgF0

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol fatmikeeats was just registered 3 minutes ago

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

What are these slick new credits? Where are the VCR repair shirts? Change?!?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

poisonpill posted:

What are these slick new credits? Where are the VCR repair shirts? Change?!?!

rich lost the box with all the costumes and drives with all the credit templates down a ravine

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Jose Oquendo posted:

He is in literally every Ron Howard movie or tv show. He pops up in tons of horror and 'b-movies'

yeah i can't think very good

don't know how i forgot this one

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
That review made me way more interested in Wild Beasts than Red Rocket

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lol at how Mike says Sandra Bullock.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the plight of the backup brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp26c3h-Mcs

shout out to rami malek's identical twin brother

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

priznat posted:

Jesus christ is that a loving joke? Was there some lovely generic animated show with kids in it and they decided to slap better call saul on it?? It’s loving dire.

*lightbulb goes on* Ooooooh.... They're DESPERATE for content

Gonna look for my epic D&D campaign story I wrote when I was 13

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Gonna look for my epic D&D campaign story I wrote when I was 13

Guarantee they're digging through the old pulp magazines for stuff to adapt. I'm a little surprised we haven't had a Conan series yet, honestly.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Conan is way too depressed to star in that

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Why do you think they keep trying to make anime adaptations work? If they get it right, that's a goldmine of recognizable IPs to remake

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I was around during Knowles' heyday and he was just as obnoxious and terrible then as he is (presumably) now. The only thing he pioneered for me was a lifestyle check so I could be sure I wouldn't end up like him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This movie sounds pretty hosed up

Oh god, it's shot in Texas City? That shithole. The cast probably got lung cancer from spending just 3 months there. No one should live in Texas City.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Feb 22, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
lol at Mike assuming that the shots had to be set up to keep the plant in the background. It would be hard to shoot in Texas City without the plant in the background.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Guarantee they're digging through the old pulp magazines for stuff to adapt. I'm a little surprised we haven't had a Conan series yet, honestly.

There's fourteen mainline Wizard of Oz books plus other stories in the same universe. Make an animated adaptation of that and you've got enough material for several years, all with brand recognition.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

There's fourteen mainline Wizard of Oz books plus other stories in the same universe. Make an animated adaptation of that and you've got enough material for several years, all with brand recognition.

Yeah but that poo poo gets weird, and also nobody wants another generation with Wheeler nightmares.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Wow. That was close. If they had said “it’s so refreshing that the movie doesn’t tell you how to feel about grooming children” just one more time I would’ve gotten suspicious. Thankfully they were juuuuuust shy.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the problem with basically all media is that people who will make something good must first be able to convince a rich person that it will make money, and the two abilities do not necessarily correlate

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I want to see an animorphs anime
they could call it animerphs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Animerph deez nutz

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did they take a chainsaw to the chainsaw massacre movie? What a piece of crap!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Your Gay Uncle posted:

jay trashed it on twitter so I doubt there will be a review

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Your Gay Uncle posted:

it was so bad. absolute muck. moe dunford was the only good thing in it

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
it's real and it's beautiful

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

JediTalentAgent posted:

I still think it's difficult to talk about Knowles for a lot of reasons. Even before the sexual harassment claims, people had long turned on him for reasons that would likely have been mere blips on the geek radar today. I was a big fan of him and his site back about 20 years ago. A lot of the 90s Gen X geek fandom I knew from that time were frequent followers and would hit AICN several times a day for any updates.

For all the mainstream hatred of Knowles in the here and now, a lot of people weren't there for the heyday of AICN from 1997 through 2000 of him and his site. At the time and over the years he helped signal boost a lot of creators, content, and contributors over the years.

But one thing about Knowles is that he has an odd legacy: You go on Youtube and watch any geek media personality and you can really see they're all just variations of the style he started almost 20 years sooner: Apologetically geeky, media commentary, unconfirmed rumors, foul-mouthed, beardy, glasses, etc. Had he freshly emerged as a Youtube content creator in 2015 rather than a web one in 1995, he likely would have had a following today comparable to a modern 100k view per video youtuber (so long as his content was raging about GB2016 or Rey.)

If Harry Knowles had freshly emerged as a youtube content creator in 2015, he'd be Moviebob. Actually, he'd probably be worse that Moviebob (who, although really terrible, at least puts some amount of effort into 1 or 2 things per year).

I followed AICN religiously late 90s (hell, I even submitted a tip to him once). He really was as terrible then as he was now. I remember how he called on his fans to bring him "PWESENTS!" during the first butt-numb-a-thon, since it was happening on his birthday. At least that did get a bit of push-back, and the next year he just had a charity drive.

It truly was an immense case of being in the right-place (Austin, where there is enough filming to have industry connections but not so much that everyone is in the industry, and where there is a ton of money in geek-related stuff because of all the gaming companies and tech firms) at the right-time (early internet, where it was all wild west and there weren't really any standards in place; also during the rise of the Alamo Drafthouse, where he was able to get in good with the owners and spend a lot of time riding their coattails).

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The red cheeks are gone but the purple hands are back with a vengeance.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I'd subscribe to a FatMikeEats channel.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Your Gay Uncle posted:

it's rare that a movie makes me feel such nothing but tcm2022 did it

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Scallop Eyes posted:

I'd subscribe to a FatMikeEats channel.

its basically Joey's World Tour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

FatMikeEats would be better than Rich's Mr. Piggy Eats channel