Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I'm glad Lost Ark is free because it's certainly fun running around killing groups of enemies. I wouldn't pay for it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szxrenZIsEU

looks like among all those games they showed off there are 2 MMOs, one of which is Lineage Eternal or whatever it was called

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Really good video as usual from KiraTV, seemingly the only person covering these never-ending MMO scams in-depth. It's no surprise he has an inside scoop on this one. Absolutely batshit how MMO fans, or a single "angel investor," keep putting money into these scams. I think I'm in the wrong business, with seemingly how easy this is to do.

edit; well, thought it was a good video, until the very end when starts defending the dude as a person. Nah m8 he's a piece of poo poo who tried to bribe you into making a false video to keep funding going, on the pretense of medical issues etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TkrmRxbho

knox fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 14, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

knox posted:

Really good video as usual from KiraTV, seemingly the only person covering these never-ending MMO scams in-depth. It's no surprise he has an inside scoop on this one. Absolutely batshit how MMO fans, or a single "angel investor," keep putting money into these scams. I think I'm in the wrong business, with seemingly how easy this is to do.

edit; well, thought it was a good video, until the very end when starts defending the dude as a person. Nah m8 he's a piece of poo poo who tried to bribe you into making a false video to keep funding going, on the pretense of medical issues etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TkrmRxbho

Whoa, is there more about the late stage cancer thing he mentioned? I didn't know about that about Kira, and that is really heartbreaking if he is seriously sick. Kira is a super positive contributor and influence on the MMO community. His Youtube content is really good.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I said come in! posted:

Whoa, is there more about the late stage cancer thing he mentioned? I didn't know about that about Kira, and that is really heartbreaking if he is seriously sick. Kira is a super positive contributor and influence on the MMO community. His Youtube content is really good.

He's mentioned in earlier videos that he has a chronic health issue that keeps him from having a regular job. I hadn't heard it was cancer though. :(

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I very much agree; he did say "had medical issues," but late stage cancer never sounds good of course. I hope he's doing alright, and the fact this guy would appeal to his health issues when trying to involve him in the fraud is loving disgusting.

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I thought he was saying the coworker who took the 250k claimed he did it because he had a family member who had cancer and needed treatment?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jerry Garcia's Ghost posted:

I thought he was saying the coworker who took the 250k claimed he did it because he had a family member who had cancer and needed treatment?

Oooooh, he mentioned it quickly and I think I misunderstood! Cancer sucks either way.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Jerry Garcia's Ghost posted:

He did say the guy's coworker pretended to be Unravel and asked for $250k, which Andre (crypto developer) let the coworker keep $50k for "his father's surgery."

But Kira specifically says after Unravel messages him about his "medical poo poo," that he "had late stage cancer." Not sure whether that means he's recovering or has terminal cancer :(

knox fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 17, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
https://twitter.com/goons_txt/status/1495839696123015168?s=21

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Pro gamer move is to fool around with both.

If you really want to min/max it, you gotta just date someone in WoW.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I've met plenty of Tank/Healer couples, it's just good romance.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

I've met plenty of Tank/Healer couples, it's just good romance.

I have never met a tank/healer couple that wasn't an absolute disaster.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I think it's cute when I get two characters in a roulette with the same last name

I thought it was awesome the one time it was three people

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got 3 Wyrmblood last names. One was just straight up Estinien Wyrmblood glammed and the other was an older Wyrmblood look and then an Estinien girl look

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

eonwe posted:

I got 3 Wyrmblood last names. One was just straight up Estinien Wyrmblood glammed and the other was an older Wyrmblood look and then an Estinien girl look

Dragoon-Man: Into the Wyrmbloodverse

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

eonwe posted:

Tempted to make a Jim Earthwormblood character.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

eonwe posted:

Estrogenien

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Estinia Wyrmblood would be an excellent gimmick but if you ever make the mistake of entering Limsa you'll get flooded by the worst tells.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
You could make a group of genderswapped Scions, but the twins would end up more or less the same.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
More invites for the Palia alpha are going out, looks cute but I'm deep down the Lost Ark rabbit hole rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9exGByxvJjA

titpussyasscum
Dec 2, 2004

every time i come here i get lost as fuck
every mmo is a pile of poo poo when you turn 30 and the serotonin runs out so you're bored with life and your wife says why don't we have kids and you say no pls

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

titpussyasscum posted:

every mmo is a pile of poo poo when you turn 30 and the serotonin runs out so you're bored with life and your wife says why don't we have kids and you say no pls

thats probably depression tbh and im not saying that lightly as a driveby shitpost, you're not supposed to run out of serotonin at 30

also every mmo was always a pile of poo poo we just all have addictive personalities

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

also i think all the somewhat normal people filtered out of the mmorpg genre over the years to go do other things so now everyone that's left is really weird

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I stopped playing MMOs last July, video games entirely in September. Can't say it's easy, but I'm holding on.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

nah normal people have flown to ffxiv in droves while learning that they're gay, trans, or both

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

oh yeah good point i somehow forgot about ffxiv despite very recently blasting through the endwalker msq

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CYBEReris posted:

nah normal people have flown to ffxiv in droves while learning that they're gay, trans, or both

yea count me on the 'that sounds like depression, unironically and not as a shitpost' side of this convo because there's still tons of old farts playing games like FF and loving it. It's not that MMOs magically 'stop working' at a certain point, it's just that the genre is kinda really lovely and shallow and most of them right now seem to require poopsock level dedication or constant attention or whatever and yea that makes it harder for people say in their 30s maybe with families and jobs and poo poo that take a lot of attention to get into a lot of them.

Obviously if you just don't have fun playing that's fine but it's not a full on 'oh yea, you know, you turn thirty and MMOs stop being fun' thing.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

MMOs are fun as an adult if they respect your time and allow you to have fun while playing an hour or so a day. MMOs are not fun as an adult if it requires you to cut out blocks of your schedule to play them to even start to enjoy them. It's not a lot more complex than that.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I don't think I can ever play another MMO without the FFXIV armory system. Being able to just finish a reputation grind on 1 character and never needing to do it again is just incredible. None of us old farts have the kind of time commitment to grind out a thing multiple times.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

CYBEReris posted:

What does that mean for me, someone who recently came out, who keeps bouncing off FF14? Just something about the combat I don't like.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

also i think all the somewhat normal people filtered out of the mmorpg genre over the years to go do other things so now everyone that's left is really weird

Seems the opposite to me, every game is now an MMO. Think of Destiny and other "live service" titles.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fame Douglas posted:

Seems the opposite to me, every game is now an MMO. Think of Destiny and other "live service" titles.

yeah you're right, I kinda mentally categorized games like Destiny or maybe Warframe as weird persistent multiplayer lobby games instead of MMORPGs but that's just me being pedantic

it might be more accurate for me to say that all the somewhat normal people filtered out of the MMOs that wildly disrespect your time because-

CuddleCryptid posted:

MMOs are fun as an adult if they respect your time and allow you to have fun while playing an hour or so a day. MMOs are not fun as an adult if it requires you to cut out blocks of your schedule to play them to even start to enjoy them. It's not a lot more complex than that.

-is spot on

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Zil posted:

What does that mean for me, someone who recently came out, who keeps bouncing off FF14? Just something about the combat I don't like.

seriously nothing wrong with that, I enjoy the game but it's hard to play for me without big breaks because how homogenous the jobs are is a little exhausting after a while.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zil posted:

im not sure what level you are getting to but unfortunately the low level combat im ff14 is kinda garbo

70 and up you start getting lots of fun combos to juggle

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Edit: oops wrong thread

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I wish an MMO could have combat mechanics like the Arkham/Shadow of Mordor series. Am I alone here? It is twitch based and fluid.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

like the batman arkham games? that would own (I never played shadow of mordor), those games seemed to do a stellar job of making comic book fights interactive

my go-to is to say I want an mmo with dark souls combat but i'm not sure that would translate well to large scale fights

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

dialhforhero posted:

I wish an MMO could have combat mechanics like the Arkham/Shadow of Mordor series. Am I alone here? It is twitch based and fluid.

They have tried this with things like thr Avengers games and it basically turns out that the flashy combat of Arkham only really works when it is coreographed around a single fighter and the world bends to fit that, since when you have four people punching away either their punches do nothing or it's a rag doll party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

titpussyasscum posted:

Honest question: do you have any hobbies that aren't simply "consume"? Such as running, gardening woodworking, painting, MtG?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I have bounced off so many games because of this. I gave up WoW classic because it hit that same issue that WoW Vanilla did: it just required too much of a time commitment in order to get anything done. Raiding was 5-6 hours a week, often in 2-3 hour blocks. I can't drop everything on a Tuesday night for 3 hours at a set schedule to raid anymore; I have a fulltime job, a family, and a home. My personal time is a lot more valuable than when I was 20. Guild Wars 2 has been great for that; Most nights I'll hop on and do the dailies for ~15 mins, then log off for dinner, then later in the evening, if there's time, I hop on to run my daily fractals (dungeons).