System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Colonel Whitey posted:

I'm pretty sure all of GRRM's contributions in the final game will be things like "this guy is that guy's brother"

", and they're loving"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

acksplode posted:

Not watching the launch trailer but grateful to those who did and reported back that it owns. I am currently whistling like a tea kettle.

This term is hilarious and I hope to use it more in my life. :lol:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
not watching an ad for a game i already preordered. not brainwashing me. have fun with your corporate propaganda sheeple ha ha ha

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I wish I could have recorded my face upon clicking that and seeing playstation in the title

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

im watching the trailer and i can't believe they revealed a weapon to surpass metal gear

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
That was a good trailer imo.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Gonna preload the absolute gently caress out of this game tomorrow, like I'm gonna preload it so loving hard.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Colonel Whitey posted:

I'm pretty sure all of GRRM's contributions in the final game will be things like "this guy is that guy's brother"

also they bone

edit: i should finish reading the thread first

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

GRRM two main tropes are incest and unnecessary description of food.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

", and they're loving"

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

also they bone

edit: i should finish reading the thread first

See, my hope is that Miyazaki has enough taste to remove those GRRMish elements

But also lol

Joker
Aug 6, 2001

Thanks!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Like on the one hand it's good to be surprised, but on the other hand I find it absolutely hilarious they put that....weapon?...in the game so I am encouraged to go track it down. Because it's perfectly fitting and also just hilariously awesome. Real Monster Hunter energy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Colonel Whitey posted:

If I'm remembering it right GRRM wrote the backstory for the world and they picked stuff out of that. So yeah probably a lot of that.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
GRRM is really good at world building but has a habit of letting narrative get away from him.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
The demigods ate and/or had sex with all the elden rings and it is our job to get them back.

-george rr martin

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Not clicking the gently caress out of that trailer.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Is there the equivalent of the stealth archer build from Skyrim? I’m getting too old to learn new play styles.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here is the FromSoft Goons discord too: https://discord.gg/AQDgW8cE

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Books On Tape posted:

Is there the equivalent of the stealth archer build from Skyrim? I’m getting too old to learn new play styles.

To a point but you'll probably get stonewalled by bosses if you're hoping stealth to be your main tool since it doesn't look like you can stealth them.
Bows have always been really useful for clearing stuff in between in souls games in my experience though. Also if you're co-oping with a friend you can just plink bosses from range too.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mulva posted:

Like on the one hand it's good to be surprised, but on the other hand I find it absolutely hilarious they put that....weapon?...in the game so I am encouraged to go track it down. Because it's perfectly fitting and also just hilariously awesome. Real Monster Hunter energy.

Thought the exact same thing

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I know absolutely nothing about Elden Ring and I would like to stay that way, but Dark Souls and especially Bloodborne loving Went Places and if Elden Ring gets batshit in any similar way then I might get it and go in completely blind.

Do not tell me if it does or doesn’t but I sure hope Miyazaki went full sicko mode.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Colonel Whitey posted:

See, my hope is that Miyazaki has enough taste to remove those GRRMish elements
oh, dear brother...

rise, if you would...

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
counting down the days to easy mode articles. can’t wait

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
all weirdo grrm fetishes will be replaced by foot fetishes

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
elden toe rings

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
will this game have big swords like dark souls? the weapons have kinda looked small from that trailer a few days ago

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

err posted:

will this game have big swords like dark souls? the weapons have kinda looked small from that trailer a few days ago

There have been large swords in some of the clips.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

err posted:

This is an optical illusion caused by the oversized hands of the tarnished.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

err posted:

Not only will there be big swords, you can have two big swords at once!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
What if the tree is a space elevator

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

err posted:

No, Miyazaki has stated they wanted to move away from big swords this time.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Farg posted:

What if the tree is a space elevator

what if tarnished get ipad

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Robo Reagan posted:

i was playing the cinders mod and there was an option to marry the fire keeper so i did and there was an option to seduce and i did so she bonked me on the head and sent me to horny jail full of angry dogs so im looking forward to from soft stealing mod mechanics for elder ring
:allears:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's actually really good to do early cause the infinite poo is in that cell and it cheeses a huge amount of the game. Plus it's a skip all the way to irithyll dungeon.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Elden Ring is installed on my PS5.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
do you want a trophy well wait a few days

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I know absolutely nothing about Elden Ring and I would like to stay that way, but Dark Souls and especially Bloodborne loving Went Places and if Elden Ring gets batshit in any similar way then I might get it and go in completely blind.

Do not tell me if it does or doesn’t but I sure hope Miyazaki went full sicko mode.

I don't know if he did or not.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
you thought a dragon without scales was freaky wait till you see dog without fur and bird without beak

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
he said he rediscovered his love of poison swamps and there's more than one in ER, of course he went full sicko mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i read that you can catch Diarrhea in the poison swamp in this one.