Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

anybody got putin's speech from today in russian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

CONTENT WARNING: UKRAINE IS NOW AN ACTIVE WAR ZONE, POSSIBLE VIOLENT IMAGERY AND VIDEO AHEAD
:siren:Any NWS/NMS Content including war violence MUST be spoilered and tagged as NMS/NWS!:siren:

New page warning.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

spacetoaster posted:

anybody got putin's speech from today in russian?

Anything Putin does will be available in Russian here
https://www.youtube.com/c/rtrussian/videos

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
nvm, D&D

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

HonorableTB posted:

Want to support Ukraine? Here's a list of charities by subject, from the r/Ukraine subreddit. This was all sourced and written up by Kyiv Independent journalists:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/s6g5un/want_to_support_ukraine_heres_a_list_of_charities/
Do you know if there is anything similar for the other side?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ted hitler hunter posted:

Might want to explain that.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

I'm not, but why would I want to support the aggressor?

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Before I came to the US in 2000, I spent the first 12 years of my life in Mariupol, and this scenario back then would have been inconceivable. This loving sucks.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Sorry what?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sure, here you go.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
There may actually be charities supporting civilians fleeing to Russia from donbas, but heck if I inow how to easily locate a list.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Um move to Russia, obtain citizenship and pay taxes to help fund their imperial war machine?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
And i mean, while I find the donbas pseudo-governments to be terrible in multiple ways, and Russia are clearly being shitheads, ain't gonna judge civilians for booking it to the place they can book it when a serious war looks to be getting started.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"How do I donate money to officially sanctioned organizations and/or persons" isn't what I would call the wisest thing to be posting if you aren't also in possession of a badge but you appear to have gotten an answer at least

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You'd think that Putin and his 250 billion would cover that

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Who knew there were this many Putin knob gobblers on SA? Big strong daddy can do no wrong!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Who knew there were this many Putin knob gobblers on SA? Big strong daddy can do no wrong!

It's partially that, partially people extremely salty at the USA and "the west" to the point where if Biden said the sky was blue they'd go outside to check.

Eastern European politics and dynamics are extremely complicated, but there is 100% a "bad guy" in this.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

So left wing and anti imperialist you support the imperialist whose probably the richest man on the planet and constantly locks up gay people

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

So left wing and anti imperialist you support the imperialist whose probably the richest man on the planet and constantly locks up gay people

*cognitive dissonance remover 9000 fires up*

We must destroy the revived legions of the SS that run the Kievan state.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
They saw that Simpsons episode and dreamt it real

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Well CSPAM thinks it’s D&D cheering on war despite also simultaneously having amazing posts like

quote:

not even a mention of the reason why this is happening, which is that the divided russia gangsters and their IMF bandit friends illegally dissolved the USSR against the will of it's people, immiserated them for personal gain, plunged them into darkness and war and even trafficked their children for the sexual gratification of bourgeois freaks.

the only legitimate government of THE ukraine is the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, it was just overthrown in a fascist coup.

I think most people, and most posters in this thread, just want Putin to not invade Ukraine. An apparently controversial position in some parts of the internet.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It's called critical support, look it up. :smug:

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 23, 2022

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Could we please not incite crossforum drama? Eurasia thread posters are welcome to post here but we don't need to dunk on the other thread(s) here and degrade forums harmony to literally no gain.

this means you, Solaris

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
So far it's only the traditional shelling being ramped up right? I was kind of expecting a lot more movement on both sides of the contact line.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Freezer posted:

So far it's only the traditional shelling being ramped up right? I was kind of expecting a lot more movement on both sides of the contact line.

They are still moving and position forces in LNR/DNR region, but they opened up much more blatantly today artillery wise. There's got to be a longer term plan given Putin's openly stated goal of taking all of Donbas oblast.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I don't expect Ukraine to push forward, they're probably busy digging in as hard and as fast as they can.

Russia seems to be waiting for all their pieces to be in place before advancing. If they're confident in their military superiority, then a disorganized assault would be more dangerous than a couple hours/days delay. Remember, their heavy stuff was still mostly positioned in Russia, makes sense to get it all lined up in occupied Ukraine before advancing into Ukrainian held territory.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Could we please not incite crossforum drama? Eurasia thread posters are welcome to post here but we don't need to dunk on the other thread(s) here and degrade forums harmony to literally no gain.

this means you, Solaris

Well the CSPAM thread is currently about how much "D&D lusts for Russian blood."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Despera posted:

Well the CSPAM thread is currently about how much "D&D lusts for Russian blood."

Let's not keep running tabs on the CSPAM thread, thanks.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

ranbo das posted:

they're probably busy digging in as hard and as fast as they can.

Haven't seen a whole lot of evidence of this either for some reason. No to say it's not happening, but you'd expect some footage and leaks about it if they're seriously scrambling.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Despera posted:

then don't read it? or talk to a cspam mod I guess?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Despera posted:

In addition to what commie said, sounds like maybe you should PM your favorite cspam mod or admin instead of making it a whole thing in this thread.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Let's not keep running tabs on the CSPAM thread, thanks.

So you are saying CSPAM is such a toilet its beyond moderation? Ok I'll accept that answer

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Freezer posted:

Like apparently? Along with some troop movement and the confusing statements made by Putin and his Government about exactly what his plans are.

It don't seem like Russia feels any particularly time issue going on, and everything just seems to be going pretty slow. So worst case scenario like a mad dash for Kiev or anything. Although prolonged shelling campaign still pretty bad and just going by the Statements made by Putin and his Government something else is going to happen.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ranbo das posted:

I don't expect Ukraine to push forward, they're probably busy digging in as hard and as fast as they can.

Russia seems to be waiting for all their pieces to be in place before advancing. If they're confident in their military superiority, then a disorganized assault would be more dangerous than a couple hours/days delay. Remember, their heavy stuff was still mostly positioned in Russia, makes sense to get it all lined up in occupied Ukraine before advancing into Ukrainian held territory.

Ukraine isn't going to give Russia the excuse by doing anything offensive. Doing nothing in the face of overt Russian provocation is their only tool to keep international sentiment on their side.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

You mean, ordinary Russians that will immiserated by the sanctions?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Freezer posted:

MLRS as well, which tend to be pretty inaccurate, and high volume.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

punk rebel ecks posted:

Russia isn't some weak third world country, they actually have some bite. Governments aren't going to want to risk getting tangled in the situation if potential cost is so deadly. I'd be very surprised if anything more than sanctions against Russia result in this.

Russia is a weak dictators toilet that he has been using to relive the glory days of the USSR while the people suffer. Russia deserves better and Ukraine doesn’t deserve to be invaded. The west is right to support Ukraine so that everyone knows that puppet governments don’t get to just invade any sovereign nation without consequences.

Saying it will start world war 3 is motivation for us to do nothing. Not unlike what the folks said prior to world war 2 before Pearl Harbor. We are obligated to help who we can because that is our role. Putin has an army, not an insurgency. This is exactly the war the US military was designed to fight and US soldiers have been fighting for decades. Let the hammer hit a nail for once.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Conspiratiorist posted:

You mean, ordinary Russians that will immiserated by the sanctions?

asking after Russian aid sources was probably a troll but I think it's worth thinking about Russian civilians caught in the middle of this. I'm a red-stater and it's miserable to see people willfully ignoring- or even celebrating- the suffering of me and my friends and family because, 'thats what they get for voting in a republican governor', or, 'oh ho ho there's egg on senator chud corncob's face'
anyway it's probably pretty hard to do if you live in a country with active sanctions? can't think of a viable way

a friend of mine moved to Kyiv in the late 00s, posts sporadically- amidst lots of comments from over here wishing him safety, I saw some chat from US expats and UKR citizens in comments, small excerpt:

фейсбук posted:

February 16 at 4:06 PM
Headline: U.S. Warns Americans Not To Expect Rescue.
Me and my American friends in Ukraine: No poo poo..!
Heh. Yeah, they said the same about COVID at the beginning: If you're trapped in some faraway place, good luck with that. 👋
I got emails from the Embassy saying, "Hey, there's a skeleton staff because we sent everyone back to the US."
Hope you don't run into any problems!
People are calm but determined here.
And it's mildly insulting that the American government or media would think that I'd expect Seal Team Six to come rescue me... for f's sake. Being American doesn't make me "special."
Believe in the Ukrainian army🤘

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Betty Wight posted:

Saying it will start world war 3 is motivation for us to do nothing. Not unlike what the folks said prior to world war 2 before Pearl Harbor. We are obligated to help who we can because that is our role. Putin has an army, not an insurgency. This is exactly the war the US military was designed to fight and US soldiers have been fighting for decades. Let the hammer hit a nail for once.

I thought John McCain was dead??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Fritz the Horse posted:

then don't read it? or talk to a cspam mod I guess?

kinda stupid to have a one way rule on this, might as well just open the floodgates as long as people are otherwise following the rules of dnd and are making effortful posts putting forth or countering some argument. seems dumb that dnd is literally a place where you can argue anything, all arguments are permitted, except if you mention the dreaded c-sp*m then you instantly get a sixer for some reason

imo it is possibly to acknowledge cspam without it being something yall need to start throwing probations around over. particularly when probably 95% of the people posting in dnd also post there

GreyjoyBastard posted:

In addition to what commie said, sounds like maybe you should PM your favorite cspam mod or admin instead of making it a whole thing in this thread.

do you earnestly believe that there is even a 10% chance that would amount to anything?

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 23, 2022