Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Antigravitas posted:

Third World War

Germany didn't cause it

They didn't cause the first one either. That was retconned in by the treaty of Versailles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hyperlynx posted:

They didn't cause the first one either. That was retconned in by the treaty of Versailles.

And the second one was the direct outcome of the first one therefore

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

And the second one was the direct outcome of the first one therefore

....no.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

people make this joke about any funny fact about any philosopher but I do think this explains a bit about his whole deal

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

This one seems kind of boring.

This one less so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea as cliche as it is Ham's thing does fall more under 'yea he was an idiot fratboy' (to be clear because that can cover a lot of grim poo poo, he lit a dude's pants on fire during a dumbass hazing game, from what I remember last time it came up and I searched it nobody was hurt meaningfully and he was kicked out on general 'don't haze people, especially with fire, idiots' grounds).

Matty B straight up killed a dude.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

HisMajestyBOB posted:

If you don't measure the weight of each ingredient to the microgram and account for the variation of gravitational pull across the Earth, you can't ensure consistency and your food will be trash. Baking is a science.
https://youtu.be/5oF1Rd5kis4

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
It is in fact cool and good to light crotches on fire

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

yes please dont cancel advert daddy

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

sexpig by night posted:

Matty B straight up killed a dudes.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
He hooked a claw hammer around a guy's junk and used it as a leash, and poo poo that was so bad he got arrested

You know how bad a white frat guy has to haze someone to actually face consequences?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

yea as cliche as it is Ham's thing does fall more under 'yea he was an idiot fratboy' (to be clear because that can cover a lot of grim poo poo, he lit a dude's pants on fire during a dumbass hazing game, from what I remember last time it came up and I searched it nobody was hurt meaningfully and he was kicked out on general 'don't haze people, especially with fire, idiots' grounds).

Not to make light of killing someone obviously, but "leading [the pledge] around the fraternity house with the claw of a hammer beneath his genitals" seems like pretty gross poo poo.

Edit:

Bismuth posted:

He hooked a claw hammer around a guy's junk and used it as a leash, and poo poo that was so bad he got arrested

You know how bad a white frat guy has to haze someone to actually face consequences?

Not just a white frat guy, but a white frat guy in texas.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Okay, less boring now.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they call it the Texas claw balls

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

More like John Hammer

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

hawowanlawow posted:

they call it the Texas claw balls

Biggest claw balls in the union

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Ball sports. Always ball sports.

Heath posted:

Biggest claw balls in the union

ps Searching for a video of their squishy melon (head) stumbled on this. https://youtu.be/PG-q9avfxrc (beluga only likes one male zoo keeper)

PhantomOfTheCopier has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Feb 23, 2022

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
tag yourself, I'm all of the above

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It me

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The gently caress kind of demilich used "Footloose and Fancy Free" unironically?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Like you just know that was some sentient dustbin of a skeleton in a pinstripe suit demanding that his employee/nephew Jonathan include that specific phrase so all the Union types knows what he really thinks of them and their chicanery

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

mind the walrus posted:

The gently caress kind of demilich used "Footloose and Fancy Free" unironically?

The kind that prefer their employees' legs manacled together, I would assume

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

sexpig by night posted:

I read up on it and it was Sigma Nu, the explicitly anti-hazing fraternity. Founded by a civil war vet who went back to a military university as an older student after the war, he saw seniors beating up freshmen as a hazing ritual and volunteered to be the freshman of the week so he could kick the poo poo out of them and tell them hazing was bullshit.

Fun fact, it's one of few national fraternities to not list "tradition" as a core value, because traditions tend to suck rear end and excuse things like hazing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

You might need to sit down for this but people on the internet are, get this, sometimes not from the USA. Crazy right?

Not our fault you godless commies don't know how to package butter :911:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Carbon dioxide posted:

Are you saying... we can just blame boomers for all shitposts?

My parents are Boomers, and they made me, and all I do is shitpost. So the math works.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Bismuth posted:

White frat guys do occasionally face consequences, but when that ever actually happens, the details are hazey.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tree Bucket posted:

"Bake for long enough at the right temperature"

The youtube channel Townsends does a lot of recipes from 18th century cookbooks and those old recipes have stuff like "prepare in the usual way" as instructions.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

pseudorandom posted:

White frat guys do occasionally face consequences, but when that ever actually happens, the details are hazey.

Oof

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/kgM9En4.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/jnzHPQy.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/bcwK7yn.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/JgtGqlL.mp4

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

sexpig by night posted:

Don't normalize this bullshit. It's hosed up. It's not "normal frat stuff", it's literal abuse. I like his acting, but if you do that poo poo you should be prosecuted in accordance with your crimes.

I don't care if it's voluntary. It's still hosed.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like that americans have taken the habits of weird perverts at private schools and turned it into a national institution.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

hazing is a societal/institutional problem. i feel perfectly fine not punishing someone for participating in it 30 plus years after the fact, while appreciating that the reason that he got away with it at the time was that he was a corn-fed white boy. i will now never think about this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

projecthalaxy posted:

lol i used my grandma's recipe this weekend and that was basically the exact instructions (put in oven until everything's done) but tbf its a peasant stew not brioche so there's some flexibility there

You cook it too long the peasants will get tough