Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

so what you are saying is putin supports self-determination and is delivering material support?

and democracy, parliament voted for recognizing these independent states 351 to 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mayor Dave posted:

If we stopped Putin from invading Ukraine….would that end racism? Would that end sexism?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The Pussy Boss posted:

If you don't support the Democratic Party, you're a treasonous traitor terrorist fascist

This, but also America needs a strong republican party and benefits from bipartisanship, comity, and compromise

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1496188597543841795?cxt=HHwWhsC5mcbmw8MpAAAA

"I'm doing my part!"

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

I refuse to believe Charlie Kirk is one of "the right's most adept grifters"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

If a Russian's never called you names you're clearly not a gamer.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Substandard posted:

the bar is pretty low.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
WW3 is going to start because a cloud drifts across the sun and this causes a whole squadron of F-35s to crash into their carrier making us think we are under attack or something

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

500 good dogs posted:

and democracy, parliament voted for recognizing these independent states 351 to 16

democracy is only good when it votes for things the US likes, like privatizing critical industries and ripping the copper out of the walls or genociding yemen

it’s not for like, voting for things America doesn’t like, such as communism or business deals with other countries. that’s not democracy!! that’s not free market! rigged! very unfair!! :yooge:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't think the US military is prepared for a war against people who can actually field a significant army. All our resources go to bombing civilians in third world countries.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super sweet best pal posted:

I don't think the US military is prepared for a war against people who can actually field a significant army. All our resources go to losing wars, planes that rust immediately, boats that dissolve in seawater, and bombing civilian weddings in third world countries.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Substandard posted:

I think he and the others are just being used to shame any wayward liberals who remember how bad our wars always go from speaking out against this one.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Rectal Death Adept posted:

WW3 is going to start because a cloud drifts across the sun and this causes a whole squadron of F-35s to crash into their carrier making us think we are under attack or something

Mystery beams make our spys sad and rainstorms make our fighter jets sad :smith:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the part of the f-35 that “rusts” is the radar absorbing material.

the radar absorbent paint that made the f-117, b-2 and f-22 hard to maintain is high carbon content iron. I guess they just gave up at some point and let the outer paint layer rust instead of requiring carefully climate controlled hangars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation-absorbent_material

hobbesmaster has issued a correction as of 04:17 on Feb 23, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

the part of the f-35 that “rusts” is the radar absorbing material.

the radar absorbent paint that made the f-117, b-2 and f-22 hard to maintain is high carbon content iron. I guess they just gave up at some point and let the outer paint layer rust instead of requiring carefully climate controlled hangars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation-absorbent_material

You can't really have climate controlled hangars on the deck of a carrier on the open seas

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the f-22 has been deployed to lots of places where they have to sit outside too.

i guess since the f-35s on carrier decks aren't 100% iron oxide there is some secret squirrel special sauce slowing down that process

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Poppy
Corby-Teuch
..... is Vind

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Nah that makes too much sense. It’s because the cloud is going to accidentally trigger the “we’ve been shot down” alarm to go off and then even when the pilots are in the radio going “yo we haven’t even taken off yet, it’s raining, we haven’t been shot down, promise” Joe Biden will stumble over to the buttons and press the launch one thinking it said lunch

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

ram dass in hell posted:

*glances at star next 2 name*

lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1496314566581628929

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

So Biden admitted that his new sanctions will raise gas prices in America?

Does he want Democrats to not win an election for the next 20 years?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fair/Poor ahahahaha

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

You can't really have climate controlled hangars on the deck of a carrier on the open seas

Couldn't they have tents of some kind?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

gradenko_2000 posted:

you can just ask the kido butai how that worked out

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
spoiler:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

Lol it's worse than what Jimmy Carter did

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Gripweed posted:

how serious an answer do you think this question warrants

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Gas prices gonna rise anyway, mine as well take credit.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Some Guy TT posted:

like i really have to wonder how much of this crisis was self created since absent our politicians having to repeatedly clarify that no just because were talking about putin invading ukraine doesnt mean were going to send any troops to ukraine just made putin go hmmm well if youre going to insist on never putting any troops in ukraine under any circumstances i might as well invade it then

it’s 100% self-created

like there’s audio of the US assistant Secretary of State in 2014 going “OK, so who’s gonna run this thing?” and straight up saying “gently caress the EU”. her name is Victoria nuland lol.

unfortunately doing the whole “lol follow the money” bullshit leads to an insane conclusion: the US has been actively sabotaging both the minsk ii agreement between russia and Ukraine as well as the nordstream 2 pipeline to… ship shale extracted LPG to germany because their idiotic Green Party was like LOL SHUTDOWN ALL THE NUKES and wound up with a massive deficit energy wise to literally keep the lights on. all the hay and rhetoric being made about DEMOCRACY is cover for the fact that some petrofuckers are trying to make a quick buck.

which… I mean… cmon lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gripweed posted:

the party deliberately intervened to prevent bernie from winning in 2016, then promptly gave the election to trump. they deliberately and blatantly intervened again in 2020, still won regardless, and oh so very immediately began doing everything they could possibly do to hand 2022 and 2024 to the republicans. this isn't an accident

this would sting more if bernie didn't go "ah yes you're doing exactly the right thing" and threw his hat in with them lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

raising prices on my personal gas,

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Phone posted:

it’s 100% self-created

like there’s audio of the US assistant Secretary of State in 2014 going “OK, so who’s gonna run this thing?” and straight up saying “gently caress the EU”. her name is Victoria nuland lol.

unfortunately doing the whole “lol follow the money” bullshit leads to an insane conclusion: the US has been actively sabotaging both the minsk ii agreement between russia and Ukraine as well as the nordstream 2 pipeline to… ship shale extracted LPG to germany because their idiotic Green Party was like LOL SHUTDOWN ALL THE NUKES and wound up with a massive deficit energy wise to literally keep the lights on. all the hay and rhetoric being made about DEMOCRACY is cover for the fact that some petrofuckers are trying to make a quick buck.

which… I mean… cmon lol

extremely plausible

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

the party deliberately intervened to prevent bernie from winning in 2016, then promptly gave the election to trump. they deliberately and blatantly intervened again in 2020, still won regardless, and oh so very immediately began doing everything they could possibly do to hand 2022 and 2024 to the republicans. this isn't an accident

this would sting more if bernie didn't go "ah yes you're doing exactly the right thing" and threw his hat in with them lol

https://twitter.com/ChrisLynnHedges/status/1493269626251264002

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Phone posted:

it’s 100% self-created

Lol Biden brought Nuland back into the State Dept

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Phone posted:

it’s 100% self-created

which… I mean… cmon lol

also an insane number of obama and biden admin people do the revolving door with LNG export companies (Cheniere in particular)

Trabisnikof has issued a correction as of 05:49 on Feb 23, 2022

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

if obama had not flayed the idealism from my young soul, the full-tilt succification of bernie would probably feel like some kind of operatic tragedy

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

well that was a nice uplifting tale to read before sleep

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
watching threads and shouting ukraine over top of every mention of iran in the beginning and praying for my own personal sheffield

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Bilirubin posted:

well that was a nice uplifting tale to read before sleep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4egChUJE7A0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i think Chris Hedges needs some therapy!