Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PostNouveau posted:

Editing, who needs it?

Sounds? Never heard of it

This is just a way to punish Denis Villeneuve productions and let more Bohemian Rhapsodies assault our brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I fondly remember the one year where they didn't show any clips for cinematography.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1496266492882550784

Editing, who needs it?

they're still going to air all those categories they just won't technically be live, instead the ceremony will start an hour before the live broadcast and they'll edit the material from the first hour into the live show

it's just so that they have pretaped material to give them some buffer time for setups

it's pretty much a non-story

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The first openly deaf Oscars

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PostNouveau posted:

Editing, who needs it?

WHAT?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

infernal machines posted:

Yes, I didn't think it was that difficult to parse my meaning, but I've only seen three other movies he's been in. I should have seen more.

sorry I read "shameful he hasn't been in more stuff." I issue a formal apology and retract my statement

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

TIP posted:

they're still going to air all those categories they just won't technically be live, instead the ceremony will start an hour before the live broadcast and they'll edit the material from the first hour into the live show

it's just so that they have pretaped material to give them some buffer time for setups

ooo i hope they win an emmy for best editing of an awards show

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

TIP posted:

The Oscars turned into a Fortnite stream so gradually I didn’t even notice

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Endless Trash posted:

The Oscars turned into a Fortnite stream so gradually I didn’t even notice

If only you could whack jimmy fallon with a pickaxe

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

priznat posted:

who is actually hosting this year?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

priznat posted:

I mean... you can.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I love how thrilled they are about the depiction of suburban poverty in Red Rocket. You can tell the verisimilitude really hits home

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Just saw Jackass 4. All I have to say is that Aaron's balls deserve some kind of award.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

who is actually hosting this year?
Regina Hall, Amy Schumer and Wanda Sykes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i wish them all the best

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Stink Billyums posted:

he has 250 acting credits. rarely lead roles, but he's in tons of poo poo.

the ending of evilspeak is nuts and people should watch it.

The second I saw Clint Howard, I started looking for this movie reference, thank you for convincing me it wasn't just a product of my fervent childhood imagination and a few years in a Catholic prep school.

That was the best 'Revenge of the (D&D playing, computer-using, heavy-metal listening, mercilessly-bullied) Nerds' movie ending ever filmed.

thoughts and prayers fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 23, 2022

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder what percentage of the Red Rocket budget was licensing Bye Bye Bye

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

THE BAR posted:

...But I still won three purple hearts!

that particularly line always bugged me. you don't "win" purple hearts. they are given for being injured in combat. you don't even really "earn" them as much as they just happen to you.

mad about a flash animation from 2004

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i still cant believe they got rid of the chunkys chicken website

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

priznat posted:

Those fries suck too, they go from white hot lava inside to cold and all mealy really fast. Never liked the RR fries. The burgers are meh too. Overall it kind of sucks.

I already know the kind of fries they are without ever having tried them. They're not great!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sunk Dunk posted:

old bitch!

p weird to sign a blank post but you do you, thread josh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Editing, who needs it?

:(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

How embarrassing

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Looking forward to a media offline screen every time they try to play a clip

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQT2wAoqMQ

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am late to the conversation re AICN.

I remember I sit in a college computer room read a full Harry Knowles review of 7 String Samurai calling it literally the greatest film of all time. Since this was in the late 90s early 00s I couldn't have alt-tab to my torrent machine and download it. And I have never heard anyone else mentioned this movie ever again. So on the scale of BotW to re:View, how poo poo is this movie?

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 23, 2022

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

I remember I sit in a college computer room read a full Harry Knowles review of 7 String Samurai calling it literally the greatest film of all time. Since this was in the late 90s early 00s I could have alt-tab to my torrent machine and download it. And I have never heard anyone else mentioned this movie ever again. So on the scale of BotW to re:View, how poo poo is this movie?

Six String Samurai?

It was ok. Interesting premise but I remember it didn’t live up to the hype. It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t great.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's fun and worth watching. Not even the best movie in its class though

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
"If you like movies such as Don't Look Up! and Transformers"

Lmao, Mike still got it :discourse:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Does anyone itt watch the oscars? It's on in the wee hours of the morning here so I never have, but even if it wasn't it does not sound appealing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s absolute torture

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bitterandtwisted posted:

Does anyone itt watch the oscars? It's on in the wee hours of the morning here so I never have, but even if it wasn't it does not sound appealing

I don't but I know I would've quit forever after they gave Bohemian Rhapsody the best editing Oscar if I had been a regular viewer. That had to be a troll vote.

I actually used to watch as a kid but when Shakespeare in Love beat Saving Private Ryan that was it for me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bitterandtwisted posted:

Yes.

They are super dumb.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i always watched the on cinema stream but i'm not sure what's going on with that these days

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Yes.

They are super dumb.

I hate myself, too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

I remember I sit in a college computer room read a full Harry Knowles review of 7 String Samurai calling it literally the greatest film of all time. Since this was in the late 90s early 00s I couldn't have alt-tab to my torrent machine and download it. And I have never heard anyone else mentioned this movie ever again. So on the scale of BotW to re:View, how poo poo is this movie?

It's Six String Samurai and it's fine. It's a fun post apocalyptic action romp with a martial arts stunt guy as the lead, surf rock music, and middling execution. If you have it, I'd say watch it, IDK how much actual money I'd spend to do so though. It's definitely more of a re:View title than a BotW one.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I liked them when Billy Crystal hosted.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Was Oscars bearded limey comicman roasting Tom Hanks or was it something else????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that was golden globes