Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Frosted Flake posted:

Millennials want 1995 back just as much as Gen X and Boomers.

Well that was when we got both Josta and DKC2 so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

As much as I hate 90s nostalgia, you also can't knock it too hard. The pre-9/11 world was objectively better for everyone that wasn't in a former communist country.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

As much as I hate 90s nostalgia, you also can't knock it too hard. The pre-9/11 world was objectively better for everyone that wasn't in a former communist country.

lgbt people might disagree but generally yeah

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Pliny_theElder/status/1496257689810255873?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

indigi posted:

lgbt people might disagree but generally yeah

Every time I think about the wave of post-9/11 bloodlust I'm filled with shame.

https://twitter.com/mefime369/status/1496232702273597449?s=20&t=iuGwCEYuyKUHTSq4J7o8oQ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
OCCUPY DEMOCRATS

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Until one of his bombs fails to detonate and ends up creating a super-villain instead.

(This was a real plot point in the show I swear)

Seto Kaiba is basically the Tony Stark of children's mystical card games.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Every time I think about the wave of post-9/11 bloodlust I'm filled with shame.

https://twitter.com/mefime369/status/1496232702273597449?s=20&t=iuGwCEYuyKUHTSq4J7o8oQ

okay never mind iraq anyone remember the romney death rally

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/TRAlNCAMP/status/1496034753266569216

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6350847.stm

quote:

Warming quickly to his task after only the briefest of greetings, President Putin accused the US of establishing, or trying to establish, a "uni-polar" world.

"What is a uni-polar world? No matter how we beautify this term, it means one single centre of power, one single centre of force and one single master," he said.

"The United States has overstepped its borders in all spheres - economic, political and humanitarian, and has imposed itself on other states," he said.

It was a formula that, he said, had led to disaster: "Local and regional wars did not get fewer, the number of people who died did not get less but increased. We see no kind of restraint - a hyper-inflated use of force."

The US has gone "from one conflict to another without achieving a fully-fledged solution to any of them", Mr Putin said.

Putin's right.

quote:

Others were less gloomy, dismissing President Putin's performance as one of Russia's periodic bouts of letting off steam at its diminished world status.
:shuckyes:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

america is allergic to war

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1496257667182084097?s=21

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

America doesn't like wars, which is why it conducts wars, but with drones

Okay

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

America doesn't like wars, which is why it conducts wars, but with drones

Okay

Drones aren't really war, which is why Obama was the greatest peacemaker of our lifetime.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

putin seems like he only fights wars he can win that are vital to russias interests due to our meddling creating crises and we fight wars to lose because it makes money for some dudes. but i am no student of war like checkmark twitter

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

this is literally the plot of the book house of the scorpion - a bunch of narco states on the US-Mexico border that intercept migrants and force them to work in like aquaculture and poo poo

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Has this thread mentioned him going to a Ukrainian neo-nazi/antisemite restaurant full of anti-Jewish caricature and tweeting as if it was actually authentic Jewish culture, down to haggling over menu prices? That was a good one.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol at the mask slipping implication there that wants ukraine to become the next afghanistan the whole country existing for other reason as far as were concerned except to gently caress up our geopolitical enemies

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

putin seems like he only fights wars he can win that are vital to russias interests due to our meddling creating crises and we fight wars to lose because it makes money for some dudes. but i am no student of war like checkmark twitter

It's almost as if he were, for lack of a better phrase, the "Chad Thundercock," if you will, to Biden's "virgin."

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the height of western civilization was not objectively better for 70% of earths population lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Has this thread mentioned him going to a Ukrainian neo-nazi/antisemite restaurant full of anti-Jewish caricature and tweeting as if it was actually authentic Jewish culture, down to haggling over menu prices? That was a good one.

:justpost: :justpost: :justpost:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

or a current communist country

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sorry tankies, but the time has come to admit that Russia and NATO are BOTH poo poo and that Putin is also an imperialist warmonger. As an enlightened centrist, I must throw my support to the PRC, who has proven to be a stabilizing and fairhanded voice throughout this crisis.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

fart simpson posted:

or a current communist country

Thinking about it, China's a real big exception especially with the Zero COVID thing it has going on.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Indeed, we had this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZUz4C6kqk

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

please god post this I need it

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Danann posted:

Thinking about it, China's a real big exception especially with the Zero COVID thing it has going on.

Cuba's also better off now than they were in the 90's. Their economy almost collapsed with the USSR gone.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Danann posted:

All of the AES countries are doing way better now than they were in the 90s. Even the DPRK.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

america is allergic to war

you left out the best part

https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1496261661468078080?s=20&t=gIVYEYpJP5Rt7dMlAiSzOg

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

https://sputniknews.com/20181228/Reporter-Ukraine-Expert-Anti-Semitism-1071082228.html

On Friday, Starr tweeted out a picture from inside a restaurant he visited in Lviv, Ukraine. "I'm at a Jewish restaurant, in Lviv, called ‘At the Golden Rose,' where customers must negotiate the final bill — there are no prices on the menus. If you're ever in Lviv, visit!" Starr wrote in a since-deleted tweet.

At the Golden Rose is "attached to the ruins of the 16th century Golden Rose Synagogue," a report from April 2016 notes. "It's Jewish tradition to haggle and bargain afterwards," a non-Jewish waiter by the name of Vlodymir told reporter Cnaan Liphshiz. The waiter requested to be referred to as "Moishe," a common Jewish name.

The restaurant's menu refers to Jews as "zhids," the Russian equivalent of the English slur "kike." Staff, including Vlodymir, adorned fake peyots, the curly sidelocks traditionally worn by Orthodox Jews.

"So, apparently this restaurant I'm at is very controversial (something I didn't know), so I've deleted the pics. And thanks to the folks who literally gas lit me," Starr tweeted after deleting his previous tweet from inside the At the Golden Rose restaurant

:allears:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

https://sputniknews.com/20181228/Reporter-Ukraine-Expert-Anti-Semitism-1071082228.html

On Friday, Starr tweeted out a picture from inside a restaurant he visited in Lviv, Ukraine. "I'm at a Jewish restaurant, in Lviv, called ‘At the Golden Rose,' where customers must negotiate the final bill — there are no prices on the menus. If you're ever in Lviv, visit!" Starr wrote in a since-deleted tweet.

At the Golden Rose is "attached to the ruins of the 16th century Golden Rose Synagogue," a report from April 2016 notes. "It's Jewish tradition to haggle and bargain afterwards," a non-Jewish waiter by the name of Vlodymir told reporter Cnaan Liphshiz. The waiter requested to be referred to as "Moishe," a common Jewish name.

The restaurant's menu refers to Jews as "zhids," the Russian equivalent of the English slur "kike." Staff, including Vlodymir, adorned fake peyots, the curly sidelocks traditionally worn by Orthodox Jews.

"So, apparently this restaurant I'm at is very controversial (something I didn't know), so I've deleted the pics. And thanks to the folks who literally gas lit me," Starr tweeted after deleting his previous tweet from inside the At the Golden Rose restaurant

Holy loving poo poo.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Sorry tankies, but the time has come to admit that Russia and NATO are BOTH poo poo and that Putin is also an imperialist warmonger. As an enlightened centrist, I must throw my support to the PRC, who has proven to be a stabilizing and fairhanded voice throughout this crisis.

the big brains in dnd have decided that a nation working to eradicate a minority language is fine, so the only thing wrong with China is in the clear

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Some bonus stupidity captured by Mark Ames:

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/917865430445944832

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

skipmyseashells posted:

the height of western civilization was not objectively better for 70% of earths population lol

After millions of dead muslims later, I would argue it was.

Global poverty doesn't even significantly decline unless you factor in China.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 08:25 on Feb 23, 2022

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Liberals and Democrats are going to start World War 3 because Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton fair and square, and despite beating him in 2020, they STILL can't stop coping about Russiagate six years later.

This is why I have zero qualms telling D&D posters that they're all whiny, bratty, petulant, imperialist bitches, and that they can collectively suck my dick.
https://twitter.com/ClintEhrlich/status/1496296587576102913?s=20&t=K5Ci-axzyI30-9KEorwm3w

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lyndon LaRouche posted:

Liberals and Democrats are going to start World War 3 because Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton fair and square, and despite beating him in 2020, they STILL can't stop coping about Russiagate six years later.

This is why I have zero qualms telling D&D posters that they're all whiny, bratty, petulant, imperialist bitches, and that they can collectively suck my dick.
https://twitter.com/ClintEhrlich/status/1496296587576102913?s=20&t=K5Ci-axzyI30-9KEorwm3w

I agree with what you say here, but Clint Ehrlich is a dumb baby if he thinks that's actually going to happen.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Danann posted:

sure is zero covid with 6k cases a day in a 7 million city

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Kill All Cops posted:

hmm, sounds like that part of china isn't as well governed as the rest. they should do something about that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Every day we keep war tensions racheted up, Ukraine has a "no-fly zone."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kill All Cops posted:

This is the same kind of disingenuous wordplay that Western media likes to do where they go "China claims to pursue zero-COVID, but ACTUALLY there is MORE THAN ZERO cases of COVID in China. Their strategy is failing!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kill All Cops posted:

looks pretty good, imo