Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

The FF6 Pixel Remaster looks like poo poo and I'm mad

The color palate seems washed out I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

The color palate seems washed out I think

the sprites look terrible and they turned the brightness up like 5000x

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Ugh came back from trivia taking the road that has two big speed humps, go over the first one hear a big popping noise and make it back to my apt with 1 psi left in my passenger front tire; finally just got AAA to replace it. Looks like the rim is fine, no puncture on the tire it looks like, which means it's probably the sidewall

Also was lucky COVID seems to not hit me hard last night tested negative too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Ugh came back from trivia taking the road that has two big speed humps, go over the first one hear a big popping noise and make it back to my apt with 1 psi left in my passenger front tire; finally just got AAA to replace it. Looks like the rim is fine, no puncture on the tire it looks like, which means it's probably the sidewall

how was trivia

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

a neat cape posted:

how was trivia
It was bad, I mean it's always fun, but this was Lord of the Rings themed and 3 potential ringers we had couldn't show up for various reasons and the trivia was not the kind of LOTR trivia I'm good at (like remembering character names or locations or the raft they use to escape the Ring Wraiths)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I lost bar trivia once because I couldn't remember an NBA player nickname

It still haunts me

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I've become a trivia snob.

I think the road downhill for me started with Genus III of Trivial Pursuit back in the 90's, where it changed over from normal poo poo to a combination of pop culture and the advent of the split between 'far too easy' and 'blatantly impossible' for the rest of the categories. The internet, of course, helped ruin things, but stuff like pub trivia followed suit, so you'd get like nine questions where every team knew the answer, and one question that only one person in the bar would get because it just so happened his favorite hobby was North African ethnobotany.

I did LearnedLeague for a year, but those questions always do the Jeopardy! thing where there's two clues to the answer inside the question, which annoys me because it's either you knew it off the legitimate hard part of the clue but the easy part makes it worthless, or you didn't know the hard part and you feel dumb for having to use the author's hand-hold to get there.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Last trivia night I attended was with local Portland goons where we all wore silly hats (I had an altyn) and my knowledge that peaches came from China won us the event.

Also with this whole Russia/Ukraine situation, this also gives the current administration leverage to speed up their ban on Russian imported ammo. I didn't expect the day when it would cost more to get 7.62x39mm for my AK than 5.56x45mm for my AR but here we are.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Wait you tested the same night?

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 23, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I lost bar trivia once because I couldn't remember an NBA player nickname

It still haunts me

I was at a bar once that was doing Trivia, but wasn't playing. The guy asks a sports question, I can't remember what it was but the guys next to me at the bar guessed LSU. I FOR SURE knew it was Florida and told them so and they changed it to Florida.

It was LSU. I felt like such an rear end in a top hat. Bought them a bunch of drinks

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Leperflesh posted:

I feel like they used to be anti-Putin/Russia in particular because of the legacy of the cold war and America's military focus for decades, but Donald Trump's complete opposite view combined with the right's cult of worship of him flipped the script and, with very little cognitive dissonance, suddenly a ton of right-wingers were all-in on Putin instead.

I know this is a couple of pages back, but I just wanted to say that I've seen right-wingers I knew back from high school praise Putin for being a strong leader on social media as far back as the Obama years. It blew my mind at the time, but knowing what we know now about them, it completely tracks

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

I was at a bar once that was doing Trivia, but wasn't playing. The guy asks a sports question, I can't remember what it was but the guys next to me at the bar guessed LSU. I FOR SURE knew it was Florida and told them so and they changed it to Florida.

It was LSU. I felt like such an rear end in a top hat. Bought them a bunch of drinks

We had a never 'change your answer' rule on our team because more often than not the first instinct was correct.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Trivia is fun if you have the right crowd and don't take it too seriously. Its an excuse to go out with mixed company for a few drinks with a loose structure to smooth over any social weirdness or collapses in conversation flow.

Also sometimes you win $20 and feel smart for knowing unusual things.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

We had a closest-guess-wins-it tiebreaker one time and the question was “what was the most number of points scored by a team in a college football game” and I was the only rear end in a top hat who knew it on the nose. I was smug enough to list the teams and everything.

Big victory.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

LeeMajors' trivia dominance - coming to an episode of SBNation's "Pretty Good".

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Forrest on Fire posted:

LeeMajors' trivia dominance - coming to an episode of SBNation's "Pretty Good".

Pretty good episode 69 - a pretty good use of an episode of pretty good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

We had a closest-guess-wins-it tiebreaker one time and the question was “what was the most number of points scored by a team in a college football game” and I was the only rear end in a top hat who knew it on the nose. I was smug enough to list the teams and everything.

This is in my trivia wheelhouse of 'who the gently caress doesn't know this?!' things while I can't tell you a single thing about any MCU movie or what have you.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

achillesforever6 posted:

Wait so you have (had?) Covid and went out to trivia?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Cool, cool, things are going well in the world.

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1496513062391664645

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Any of y'all ever narc'd on someone using their phone during trivia?

Like I mean clearly very obviously using their phone to look up answers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Snitches get stitches

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
How big of a dork do you have to be to cheat at bar trivia

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ya'll hate on Tom Brady but gonna let trivia cheaters slide smh

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You guys all gonna join us for the world's largest trivia contest in April, right?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993499

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ya'll hate on Tom Brady but gonna let trivia cheaters slide smh

living the never snitch life

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Leperflesh posted:

You guys all gonna join us for the world's largest trivia contest in April, right?

Back when I was 24, definitely. Now...

Cellphones, marrying someone, and rotating back shift have ruined my memory.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Back when the show was still in like season 6 or 7 or something my regular bar did a GoT trivia night and they had to go embarrassingly deep into bonus rounds before any of the six teams that got every question right missed one

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Leperflesh posted:

I always forget about this but I’ve bookmarked the thread this time.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Mostly unrelated but I really wanted to snitch last week on a coworker that sat near me who was doing nothing but FaceTiming someone all day all week, it was her last week so she didn’t care.

Neither did I, I was just sick of listening to her talk and giggle all day, go waste your time somewhere else or do it quietly :argh:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Today's the big day for my pup. Hope he isn't mad at me when he wakes up and doesn't have any balls

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He is gonna pee on so many things of yours in revenge

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Joey Freshwater posted:

If you're enough of a loser to cheat at pub trivia you deserve to get narc'd on. That's been my biggest gripe with Geeks Who Drink since it came back - since it's all by phone, it's way too easy to open another tab in the phone browser to look up the answer. And its incredibly easy to tell who cheats when you have randos roll up and score like 85-90%

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 23, 2022

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’ve got the crossword for trivia needs, but it just doesn’t quite hit the high of that time I ran the table on an Arnold Schwarzenegger themed round of bar trivia, because what else will that very particular set of skills ever get me

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I’ve done star wars bar trivia twice and both times smoked pretty much everyone there despite being by myself. First time I took second off a tiebreaker but the second time I won the whole drat thing and it wasn’t even close.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This is beyond vile

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1496511215719399431

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Feels unlikely to hold up on appeals but will still be enough to traumatize plenty of families until then

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I had one James Bond moment in life and that was destroying bar trivia at a packed Panama City resort that just had you turn in end of round sheets and then never claiming the prizes. The all-over “questions of who/what loving team is that” was better than any free appetizer

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

As someone with trans kids on my caseload who barely escaped their parents I’d like to make some statements about this but worry they’d be considered actionable

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If you wish ill will on republicans and people who support poo poo like this you'll get probated for two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Anything you want to write earns a ban and would all be too kind for these monsters