Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
One of the reasons there used to be a lot of wrestlers with some extra padding on is to soften bumps. There's a bit of shock absorption there to protect your body. Once people are like Yokozuna/Viscera fat, that's one thing, but come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wade Keller has seemed like he's sucked poo poo for a bit now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Generico posted:

One of the reasons there used to be a lot of wrestlers with some extra padding on is to soften bumps. There's a bit of shock absorption there to protect your body. Once people are like Yokozuna/Viscera fat, that's one thing, but come on.

I have a really hard time putting on weight and really wished I had figured out how to do it when I was in wrestling school. Being a skinny dork made those bumps rattle even more.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1495856644185628677?t=59b3Oo92-l5u3ZUNcChzFA&s=19

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So I guess Ricky Starks himself is not a credible source on whether or not he's black??? Why is it so hard for people to get?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Drakkel posted:

So I guess Ricky Starks himself is not a credible source on whether or not he's black??? Why is it so hard for people to get?

Reading the replies it's pretty clear that the account in the screenshot routinely posts inflammatory bigoted poo poo as bait to get attention, it's not something anyone should pay the remotest bit of notice to.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I thought there was a rule about takes having to be funny?

If I type that one out here, I'll eat a probe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/thrillking722/status/1495952071459225600

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
it was crazy how adam cole lost 5 inches and 50 pounds the second he got signed by AEW

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Parasocial is getting run into the ground but this sure applies. (WRT Martha Hart)

https://twitter.com/kalomika/status/1496191488492986375

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

https://twitter.com/buddylove1389/status/1496127133067919363?t=c9ywqYv066CZ71ZOV5JvLA&s=19

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
"The Gamer"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Faithless fool

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dude says that God doesn't exist, but I saw an Okada match just a couple of days ago so he is demonstrably dead wrong.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Why is Bret taking shots at Martha?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

Why is Bret taking shots at Martha?

Because she won't let WWE induct him in their hall of fame, but the seed for this was Bret trying to get the rights to his matches as part of the lawsuit settlement as part of Owen's death and the two eventually not being on speaking terms.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/Pamaelic/status/1496269053651992580?s=20&t=dlXHQgZjBmFv8x7dZK5mIw

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Creating a wrestling promotion other than WWE is an inherently immoral act

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I hate to give this crowd any credit but this is post I must respect

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I know specifically why that dude is mad about sex work but why they always gotta lump the whores with the politicians

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

I know specifically why that dude is mad about sex work but why they always gotta lump the whores with the politicians

Very similar jobs, both get paid to gently caress others.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

That character is not a good person. He also hates gay people and is a nazi basically

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shard posted:

That character is not a good person. He also hates gay people and is a nazi basically

but the mask is neat and he does cool slo-mo violence in the movie

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

Because she won't let WWE induct him in their hall of fame, but the seed for this was Bret trying to get the rights to his matches as part of the lawsuit settlement as part of Owen's death and the two eventually not being on speaking terms.
Adding to this:

Bret admitted in his book that he went pretty hard on the video license idea. So Martha saying it led to the end of their relationship is pretty credible. Bret's book, which, IIRC, came out a good bit after Martha's, said that Martha wouldn't tell him what caused Owen's accident, which seems doubtful. There was obviously no confidentiality clause of the settlement, after all. But why Bret would make that up despite admitting to the thing that ended their relationship, I dunno. In 2020, after Martha talked about the falling out during various Dark Side-related media interviews, Bret issued a statement basically saying it was much more complex than that.

Where it gets really weird that it seems like there's a much greater than zero chance that Bret has no idea:

1. That Owen's WWF stuff is readily available through WWE, something that Martha can't stop (although she did try) and thinks that Martha participating in an Owen WWE HOF induction would rectify this.
2. Why and how Owen fell to his death.

If you read the stuff about the settlement in his book and how he talks about fans being able to celebrate Owen and watch his work whenever he talks about the Martha/HOF stuff, it's kind of hard to avoid getting that impression.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I don't know the exact timeline of anything you're referencing and Bret is clearly either ignorant or obscuring some stuff, but wasn't the sticking point pre-Network that Bret and WWE wanted to put out an Owen DVD, which I believe they couldn't (or wouldn't) do without the estate's permission?

I realize that is an incredibly outdated concern in 2022 and even 2014, but I thought that was book-era Bret's claim. Was it even valid back then?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/daveusesthis/status/1496294140774133761

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1496184630575259655

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

I started out feeling like "this isn't bad but not remarkable"
But by the and it had lost me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fuminori Abe is better, despite English not being his first language.

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/1496069920408412161?s=20&t=ZtGowQKwDMwRSdsyxD5NBQ

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I wonder what Edge thinks about Bati Bati

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

he so red

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...it's not even the best promo cut on cable in the US in the last 7 days. Not even top 3.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i can see to much of edges skull, i dont like it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dude gassed out reading his lines.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Edge's face is bi-sexual lighting.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Edge needs to GTFO the fed and go make Money Plane 2

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I can't stop focusing on his creepy skeletal cheekbones

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Edge looks like Shang Tsung just sucked his soul out of his body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Sad Foley