Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

codo27 posted:

The delivery of "Cousin Merl" continues to be one of the best readings in the series

Kelsey Grammer kills it every time, but my fave has to be "the children can sleep soundly tonight on their hard. Feculent. Motel pillows...".

The voice of an angelic demon in the body of an extremely cringe Republican douchebag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
That whole episode is perhaps the best Sideshow Bob stuff.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Sometimes I wish this dam would burst, and bury this cursed town

I love that so much

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Coveralls that don’t quite cover all!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Grammer’s line readings are a truly meme in their own right, none more so than the grumble Bob makes after each rake impact.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Apollodorus posted:

Grammer’s line readings are a truly meme in their own right, none more so than the grumble Bob makes after each rake impact.

The best bit about what might be one of the funniest jokes in the history of the Simpsons was it was literally thrown in at the last minute because the episode was running short - he was only supposed to step on one rake, but they quickly added in all the other hits to fill in the time, and as the recording was already finished they just copied and pasted the exact same noise, which is part of what makes it so funny.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Bah! I renew my objection to this pointless endeavour. Informally now and by affidavit later, time permitting.
Shut your word hole.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

What kind of country fried rube is still impressed by that?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I would like to live in a world where people only talk like Sideshow Bob, and perhaps Mr. Burns

codo27 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 23, 2022

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I actually was surprised to find out that general audience or Reddit people do not like Krusty the Clown. IMHO he is one of the best and consistent characters of the entire show.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Antisemitism is still alive and well, yep

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Krusty's the perfect symbol for the early years, a cynical parody of a tv personality.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Tell me where you are now, you bastard

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Der Kyhe posted:

I actually was surprised to find out that general audience or Reddit people do not like Krusty the Clown. IMHO he is one of the best and consistent characters of the entire show.

It's hard to keep a character true to the original and also relevant as culture and media change over time.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/taylorgarron/status/1496239092987985920?s=20&t=Gz5s8r0enP04gaDMhhAYvg

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Failed Imagineer posted:

Kelsey Grammer kills it every time, but my fave has to be "the children can sleep soundly tonight on their hard. Feculent. Motel pillows...".

Me: "okay Google. what is the definition of feculant?"
Google: "here is the Webster's definition of feculant"

I knew the first three letters gave a good hint. I had to, for some reason, make sure.

:fireman:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

"Oh yaaaaaa Shake it, Madam. Capital Knockers!" Will always be funny

:nws::nws:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's why not.

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The best bit about what might be one of the funniest jokes in the history of the Simpsons was it was literally thrown in at the last minute because the episode was running short - he was only supposed to step on one rake, but they quickly added in all the other hits to fill in the time, and as the recording was already finished they just copied and pasted the exact same noise, which is part of what makes it so funny.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bitterandtwisted posted:

Bah! I renew my objection to this pointless endeavour. Informally now and by affidavit later, time permitting.
Shut your word hole.

Oh, I'll get busy.
I'll get very busy indeed.

How has that not yet been combined with Eisenhower yet

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

codo27 posted:

Tell me where you are now, you bastard

He's spinning the ball on his finger! Just take it! Take the ball!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Lol, but also this episode came after Cape Feare so I wonder if they're making that joke as well.

(also just watched Cape Feare for the first time in ages and gently caress me it's so good, and now I'm wondering if Kelsey Grammer or Al Brooks holds the record for "most bona fide classic episodes")

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What country is this conflict in?
It no longer exists.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

super sweet best pal posted:

What country is this conflict in?
It no longer exists.

Lmao :smith:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

He's back! https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1496897728885968901?t=Hc71OHTKo7m_cZ3fmRKVQg&s=19

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Haschel is going to post the top 5 in his thread soon and I'm giddy with anticipation!

I predict:

#5 Ray
#4 Jay
#3 RJ
#2 Johnny
#1 Sonny

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

God bless Haschel and that thread

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Trabant posted:

Haschel is going to post the top 5 in his thread soon and I'm giddy with anticipation!

I predict:

#5 Ray
#4 Jay
#3 RJ
#2 Johnny
#1 Sonny

The final five has been posted! For those of you not following the other thread, you can see my ranking of all 100 Raymond J. Johnson Jr. memes, along with my commentary about the process, HERE.

How did your favorite meme do? Do you think another meme deserved to be in the Top 5? Let me know in the comments

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Well Haschel, you are an odd fellow but I must say, you meme a good Johnson.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The final five has been posted! For those of you not following the other thread, you can see my ranking of all 100 Raymond J. Johnson Jr. memes, along with my commentary about the process, HERE.

How did your favorite meme do? Do you think another meme deserved to be in the Top 5? Let me know in the comments

The fact that that you gave such heartfelt commentary for each one…

You truly are the king of kings.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
great job on the ray jay thread, sonny

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

great job on the ray jay thread, johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I would also like to express my fondness for that particular thread.

#2 is probably my favorite of them all. Something about "You may address me as Lord Raymond, or you may-" made me fuckin cackle the first time I saw it, and again just now.