Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Donda 2 is coming out exclusively on the stemplayer Kanye put out last year. He’s saying it will not be on any streaming platform

totally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

that just means everyone can put it on YouTube and not get copyright claimed.

he didn't think that one out, at all!

here's an interview with Trevor Lawrence, Jr, about him playing the drums at the Super Bowl for Dr. Dre

https://vocaroo.com/1mno3KhlDhWk

this IG post, too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ9ytzbJGB6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Kanye's saying hes independent and turned down a 100 million Apple deal for donda 2. So its supposed to be an independent release and everyone's going to torrent it or listen to it online anyway. Its pretty cool that he's one of the bigger artists challenging the streaming platforms. Whether the album is good or not is gonna be a different story, he posted a tracklist with more than 20 songs.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Kanye's saying hes independent and turned down a 100 million Apple deal for donda 2. So its supposed to be an independent release and everyone's going to torrent it or listen to it online anyway. Its pretty cool that he's one of the bigger artists challenging the streaming platforms. Whether the album is good or not is gonna be a different story, he posted a tracklist with more than 20 songs.

Isn’t he signed to Def Jam and Rocafella?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

obi_ant posted:

I think his deal was for 10 albums and he completed that once Donda dropped last year. Eazy was an independent release.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

obi_ant posted:

he's free of the deal iirc but lets be honest, Kanye is gonna do whatever he wants at this point

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
There isn’t anyone worse at what they do who gets talked about more than Kanye

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kanye is a massive liar do not believe a word he says

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Kanye is a massive liar do not believe a word he says

Memento Polaroid etc etc

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Double post:

I really like RX Papi because he says some genuinely interesting and honest things

This track really hit in that sense: https://youtu.be/0E3RhWNNnzg

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

stem player looks like a rick and morty plumbus

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

Double post:

I really like RX Papi because he says some genuinely interesting and honest things

This track really hit in that sense: https://youtu.be/0E3RhWNNnzg

"On the block I got the bomb in my nuts"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLOQAdN09gQ

knox fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 20, 2022

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/FalconPunch2212/status/1495207961181966342?s=20&t=FMvucM2i4CDByp8nu58Qlw

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Hammer on bro, so I must be loki

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

so is "Create Music Group" an alternative to EMPIRE?

i don't think i ever fully understood the music business. being signed to one label ("death row") or "independent" but then bring distributed by another label.

then again, i never understood why "The Chronic" was split between Priority and Interscope / Death Row, but Priority never worked with Interscope again. but that was decades back.

but i guess Ye will get some streaming revenue if even his leaks for Donda 2 are getting Content ID'd already.

so, he still wants that streaming change, i guess.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i forgot there was another donda stream (for "donda 2" i guess) so i threw it on and at least this sounds better than that first donda stream. of course this supposed to be for an album thats only coming out on a stupid $200 special music player

divorced energy off the CHARTS though, there's a song with the line "don't stand between a man and his kids/yall don't got enough security for this"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

at least this sounds better than that first donda stream

sorry i posted this before the 4 minute dirge where he repeated the line "welcome to the sci fi / oxygen or wi fi" about 12 times

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ok now hes just doing live vocals to bad songs from donda 1

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
50 won

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

abraham linksys posted:

ok now hes just doing live vocals to bad songs from donda 1

I dunno man that was the highlight of the whole stream, everything falling apart, Kanye forgetting the words to Hurricane, getting pissed and whipping the mic.

It was so bad

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

the semen / Morgan Freeman bars

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:stare:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Off the Beat

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That went from Amazing to embarrassing real fast

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Do these listening events ever get compiled into 10 minute best moment vids? I'm always curious about what goes on but not hours interested

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
In less cringe news, JPEGMAFIA's best track is now available on streaming services. Peggy got the fuckin sample cleared.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yNpPJDCJPnFTyUiZenAxv?si=DxyiCyiLTHK-GJyGoV7PiA

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah Donda 2 ain't dropping tonight lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah Donda 2 ain't dropping lmfao

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cardedagain posted:

Yo! NMD Raps - the semen / Morgan Freeman bars

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
wonder if he'll segue into an absolutely JEENIUS pun involving Julia Fox and Fox News

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
When was the last time Kanye did something that wasn't awful? Like ten years ago? More?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

when he released Donda and it had some good songs on it

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

he did definitely release donda, unfortunately

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ultralight Beam was the last GREAT great track he released imo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kids see ghosts in shambles

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t like Cudi very much so KSG didn’t hit for me really, sorry everyone

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

i am a moron posted:

When was the last time Kanye did something that wasn't awful? Like ten years ago? More?

Like ten hours ago

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t like Cudi very much so KSG didn’t hit for me really, sorry everyone

i liked Cudi, but same. i gave it a few listens and was like well, i don't remember any of these after multiple listens, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I really wish Ye would just make a bunch of Daytonas - short focused albums that let talented rappers shine. Give me one with Freddie, one with Griselda, one with Vince, etc.

He's still doing great work as long as it's for other people. When he works on his own albums it's clear there's nobody to reign him in so we get bloated messes like Donda.