Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Chard posted:

Steam pre-load complete, now to obsessively check unlock status until the scheduled moment of release

clicking the greyed out play button is a form of self care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I remember the first time I played Morrowind and I reached level 50 or something before ever going to see Caius. I've been wondering if there might be something similar where I get really powerful doing side poo poo but in truth I'm more likely to stumble into areas I'm underpowered for but will still conquer because I Am The Best

The reaction is reminding me of Morrowind and all the quotes in its trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr3TCWPlDrw. I'm very nearly in tears, I cant wait for tomorrow

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Fextralive said

-PS5 > PC versions currently
-They made a video to buy the pre order and thought it would be GOTY but it still surpassed their expectation.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

holy loving poo poo yall

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

codo27 posted:

I remember the first time I played Morrowind and I reached level 50 or something before ever going to see Caius. I've been wondering if there might be something similar where I get really powerful doing side poo poo but in truth I'm more likely to stumble into areas I'm underpowered for but will still conquer because I Am The Best

The reaction is reminding me of Morrowind and all the quotes in its trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr3TCWPlDrw. I'm very nearly in tears, I cant wait for tomorrow

Minor spoilers from a review but Iron Pineapple did point out he did run into this exact problem at times. Though when he found himself overleveled and equipped he took it as an excuse to try out different weapons he hasn't worked on yet. Also pointed out that while it will happen at times the game is still really loving hard and you're gonna die a lot even if you do find yourself overprepared for some content.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
cant wait fir the miyazaki mod that makes the entire game a posion swamp and also disables shoes

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
i am extremely ready to get bodyslammed for 100 hours by john darksouls and his pals

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1496500627391881226?s=20&t=FrBj4BPzGDygXiOKmWcfjw

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Seeing some extremely varied reports on PC, as is to be expected. People saying it runs like poo poo on 3080s as mentioned, meanwhile RPS says it runs fine on aged systems:

A wait-and-see as usual I guess.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
When the first trailer for this thing dropped, i thought "drat, if they're able to mix breath of the wild and dark souls, that could absolutely kick rear end." Excited to hear that they've done exactly that, and absolutely nailed it

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ulio posted:

For consoles performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7w44kVcfKs

Performance:
XSX: 45-50fps
PS5: 55-60fps

Quality:
XSX: 35-45fps
PS5: 40-45fps

pffft this ain't no digital foundry

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I haven’t played a souls game since dark souls 2 I am so glad I am jumping in now at the peak

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Al-Saqr posted:

I haven’t played a souls game since dark souls 2 I am so glad I am jumping in now at the peak

Play Bloodborne

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
This is it. This is how our world dies. Elden Ring is all we need and soon, we'll all go to the Lands Between.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Ulio posted:

For consoles performance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7w44kVcfKs

Performance:
XSX: 45-50fps
PS5: 55-60fps

Quality:
XSX: 35-45fps
PS5: 40-45fps

gonna scream at my tv when i notice my game drop to 55 fps

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Play Bloodborne

During the time bloodbore was out I couldnt afford to buy a console and I am still without a playstation sadly. Dont worry I watched 3 different LP's of it so I know what's in it and how good it is.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Play Bloodborne

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
everyone’s covered how he put 5 more poison swamps in here but I’m excited by the reports that there are actually 2 new shrines of amana. “advances in our engine have allowed for even further aggro range than thought possible,” stated miyazaki

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Nobody has mentioned poison swamps, which means that either our boy was trolling us or he nailed it. Either way, rad.

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/229..._source=twitter

quote:

putrid, poison-flooded forts

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/YasuhiroKitao/status/1496512386735677443

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Play Bloodborne

play Sekiro too

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Glad I’m getting the physical ps5 release so that when I open the case poison spills out. The real haptic feedback.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they sent a spy into my home to see what i hated about the previous game and then doubled down on all of it for warhammer 3, i hope they didn't do that with this dang Ring.

i need to roam free, punch skeletons, become more poison than person.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

During my first playthrough of Dark Souls I didn't realize that fat roll was a thing and it took me like 2 weeks before I figured out that equipping the heaviest armor possible wasn't a good strategy, and I hope to recreate that experience in Elden Ring

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I hope to wear boots that give me poison damage as I wade the poison swamps

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

ur welcome

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

a ding dang ring

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Skillup’s review said he got pretty locked 60fps on a 2080ti and Ryzen 3700x at 1440p. He did report small areas of the world had stuttering, but they weren’t widespread and this was before the patch rolled out. So seems fine?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

mcmagic posted:

play Sekiro too

BB = 12 hours Max
Sekiro = around 7 hours

Can easily beat both before starting Elden Ring

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Are there any detailed breakdowns about how it runs on PS4 (pro)? My PC is under spec so that's my only choice, but I'm a bit wary after Cyberpunk.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I can't believe that the Bloodborne-esque second half reveal is that the game becomes Armored Core

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you think if i book a flight to japan right now and find hidetaka miyazaki and give him a lil' smooch he'll let me start playing elden ring

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Aipsh posted:

BB = 12 hours Max
Sekiro = around 7 hours

Wrong-o

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aipsh posted:

BB = 12 hours Max
Sekiro = around 7 hours

i love you aipsh

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uav6zQKiMQ

I watched the IGN review

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Absolutely salivating to get my hands on Ol' Dan's Ring

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Aipsh posted:

BB = 12 hours Max
Sekiro = around 7 hours

it took me like 15 hours to figure out how to play sekiro lol

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I read if you start playing on Saturday at the earliest you actually start with the Elden Ring equipped.

Something to think about

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

FALSE

I am prepared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Emboldened by the flame of 10/10 reviews