Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

liz posted:

Back in the office now and I’m literally the only person who actually wears a mask at my desk even though you only have to wear them when you “walk away from your desk.”

My coworker makes fun of me for it and I’m sure it will be worse when the mandate ends in a few days. Will this poo poo ever feel normal? Ugh.

Just tell him to shut the gently caress up. Let it go to HR and get a bunch of money out of a wrongful dismissal suit, or get the dude fired for creating a hostile workplace. No quarter given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

thankfully nobody has said poo poo to me and the 5 other people still wearing masks at work

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My husband's workplace is beginning a mandatory wellness check program with an app that they need to use every day before coming in. And their new standard is "do not come to work sick ever again".

It probably won't go over well, he's one of the youngest workers at 39 years old, and most of them have been whiny about other health measures from the very beginning.

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.

Picnic Princess posted:

My husband's workplace is beginning a mandatory wellness check program with an app that they need to use every day before coming in. And their new standard is "do not come to work sick ever again".

It probably won't go over well, he's one of the youngest workers at 39 years old, and most of them have been whiny about other health measures from the very beginning.

Wow, at least they’re seemingly trying, there’s nothing like that here… And people are still going to the lunch room and eating with together like the old days. Sometimes I really feel like I’m just in my own (lonely) bubble. I go all the way to the abandoned part of our floor to eat lunch in a never used conference room lol

The amount of maskless people that are going to be everywhere after next week is definitely going to test my anxiety. I guess it’s just something to get used to because apparently every state except Hawaii has declared it over.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

liz posted:

Back in the office now and I’m literally the only person who actually wears a mask at my desk even though you only have to wear them when you “walk away from your desk.”

My coworker makes fun of me for it and I’m sure it will be worse when the mandate ends in a few days. Will this poo poo ever feel normal? Ugh.

No mercy, it's your health so do what you feel comfortable with to stay that way.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Picnic Princess posted:

Me and the other safety guy on 3rd are the only people wearing masks on 3rd, nobody on 1st and like 4 people on 2nd three days in.

Everyone, especially the ones that already had covid and still surgical masking on 2nd, are just waiting for the wave.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Picnic Princess posted:

See, I don't have anything close to a resting spree face. I'm very innocent looking. Which means I've been followed, groped, grabbed, cornered, negged to hell and back. Numerous times I've had dudes try and coax me into their cars, to the point I had to call for a ride 5 minutes walk from my house because I was being stalked across a mall parking lot. Ive been threatened with assault when I don't give the response they want. I'm not even pretty, I'm frail and socially awkward, I always look like the easiest target. I've been street and bus and store harassed since I was 14 years old.

I want nothing more than to not be noticed. I'm so tired of being noticed. I'm not going to be ashamed for wanting to not be noticed.

The only help I need is for society to make public spaces loving safe.

Get probated lol.

I'm with you. The past few years have really sucked for a lot of reasons but the one good thing is that masks have significantly lowered the amount of idiots dudes catcalling.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

My company did something like this for COVID and one of the responses from my coworkers was "What am I supposed to do if I don't have a smartphone?"

Even when you get past the boomery issues all these apps are is some stupid loving checklist that only seems like it would serve some kind of liability-related purpose to the employer.

I do NOT respect the hustle of the guy coding up "r u fever Yes/No" and buying a new Bentley

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 23, 2022

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

At the peak of COVID-19 I was able to yell at people to put their masks on and I was super happy.

Now I can only give death stares.

I am not smiling under my mask you stupid, maskless fucks.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

liz posted:

During mask mandate: "Think for yourselves, sheeple! Don't wear the mask just because the government tells you to!"

After mandate: "People who choose to keep wearing masks are weirdos!"

Really though, if you're the only person masking up, it's N95/elastomeric (preferably the latter) or bust. This notion of "one-way masking" that's going around is demonstrably horseshit.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

loving Moron posted:

At the peak of COVID-19 I was able to yell at people to put their masks on and I was super happy.

Now I can only give death stares.

I am not smiling under my mask you stupid, maskless fucks.

I worked in a cleanroom, I only communicate with my eyes and the muscles around them facially if I have to.

They are very expressive and extreme because they have nearly a decade of telling people, "gently caress you in the rear end for getting me yelled at," while kicking women out of cleanrooms for wearing makeup and jewelry, their skin showing, etc.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You're still gonna have a fraction of your workforce that are workaholics/hate their families but I strongly suspect you'd get a lot more mileage out of instituting a sick leave policy than by forcing your workers to click a box on a checklist before showing up

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Tiny Timbs posted:

You're still gonna have a fraction of your workforce that are workaholics/hate their families but I strongly suspect you'd get a lot more mileage out of instituting a sick leave policy than by forcing your workers to click a box on a checklist before showing up

You want me to pay these people when they aren't even working!? No thanks, Obama

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
I was having respiratory inflammation symptoms and a sore throat. Turns out it was caused by the giant fuckin' ozone generator someone decided to run in our small open office. After unplugging it and finding the person responsible, they said it was supposed to get the toxins from the paint fumes out of the air (we had just patched some walls and repainted over the weekend.)

Nobody at my office believes in covid or the legitimacy of the Biden administration, but they believe every dumb thing you can possibly imagine.

I linked them three articles explaining how harmful high concentrations of ozone are to lungs. Their immediate response over chat was "yeah I think it's one of those big-pharma conspiracies to suppress natural solutions to..."

gently caress!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

Turns out it was caused by the giant fuckin' ozone generator someone decided to run in our small open office.

:psyduck:

Reminds me of the guy in here who was running an big ozone generator in his small apartment or something.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Those ozone generators are usually stamped with warning labels and poo poo all over them because they are indeed dangerous. if you have any symptoms you should go to a doctor and document the poo poo out what happened.

i can't imagine the stupidity you must endure on a daily basis if someone was stupid enough to bring in a big ozone generator and run it in an occupied space

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tiny Timbs posted:

My company did something like this for COVID and one of the responses from my coworkers was "What am I supposed to do if I don't have a smartphone?"

Even when you get past the boomery issues all these apps are is some stupid loving checklist that only seems like it would serve some kind of liability-related purpose to the employer.

I do NOT respect the hustle of the guy coding up "r u fever Yes/No" and buying a new Bentley

If my employer wants me to install an app, they can buy a work phone for me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Get them to provide a paper version and force them to stack your daily "nope no covid" log in a big box

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Captain Beans posted:

Those ozone generators are usually stamped with warning labels and poo poo all over them because they are indeed dangerous. if you have any symptoms you should go to a doctor and document the poo poo out what happened.

i can't imagine the stupidity you must endure on a daily basis if someone was stupid enough to bring in a big ozone generator and run it in an occupied space
Yeah, one use of ozone is sterilization. The molecule (O3) really really wants to get rid of that third oxygen atom and will happily do so right into your respiratory tissue/mucous membranes if you're exposed to it. That is A Bad Thing.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Zugzwang posted:

Yeah, one use of ozone is sterilization. The molecule (O3) really really wants to get rid of that third oxygen atom and will happily do so right into your respiratory tissue/mucous membranes if you're exposed to it. That is A Bad Thing.

I wonder what the coworker's opinion on antioxidants is.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

First of May posted:

I wonder what the coworker's opinion on antioxidants is.

high crossover with peppermint oil diffuser I would think

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'm glad there's a new World War starting because that means the pandemic is over. Only a real jerk would start a war in the middle of a pandemic

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

"ozone smells... like a lethal radiation dose feels"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhEYaovWxl4&t=19:20

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 24, 2022

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My old apartment ran an ozone generator for a few days after the lady below us died and became melded with her armchair after not being found for a few weeks. We were the first ones to notice the smell. The downstairs apartment was blocked off with caution tape and you could smell the ozone when going to the laundry room.

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Welp, it’s the last weekend of masks anywhere now… Please tell me they are not removing them on planes/public transit :(

I’ve realized that after two years of doing this, it’s really become a mental comfort thing for me. Throughout all the unpredictability of this virus, this and getting vaccinated are the only things in my control. So not giving that up just yet.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

liz posted:

Welp, it’s the last weekend of masks anywhere now… Please tell me they are not removing them on planes/public transit :(

I’ve realized that after two years of doing this, it’s really become a mental comfort thing for me. Throughout all the unpredictability of this virus, this and getting vaccinated are the only things in my control. So not giving that up just yet.

All public transit is covered by federal regulations so masking is still in effect on busses planes trains etc.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

liz posted:

King County in Washington still has a mask mandate and they've said they don't plan to drop it at this point. It'll be interesting to see what they do after whatever the CDC says.

quote:

February 23, 2022: King County's indoor mask order is still in effect.

We will continue to evaluate the appropriate time to lift the local indoor mask order by considering number and severity of COVID-19 infections, hospitalizations, deaths, as well as the ability for hospitals and the healthcare system to manage.

If cases and hospitalizations continue to fall and our hospitals recover and stabilize, it is reasonable that we will be at a place to lift the local indoor mask mandate.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

King County in Washington still has a mask mandate and they've said they don't plan to drop it at this point. It'll be interesting to see what they do after whatever the CDC says.

The WA state mask mandate expires on March 21st, and I bet King County drops theirs then too. The falloff in cases is back to the mid-December level and it hasn't stopped yet, we'll see if it gets back down to the ~250 cases per day we had at the start of December but it has been pretty dramatic already.

I still mostly saw people wearing masks last time the mandate lifted (except in restaurants/bars of course) but we'll see what happens this time.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Illinois mask mandate officially expires on Feb 28.

I expect cases to go up.

I will be pleased if they do not.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I will never stop wearing my mask outside and will only take it off inside safely when eating. Even if covid ceased to exist, I haven't been sick in two years. Also every person on the street in my hood in is wearing one, owns p hard

naem
May 29, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Illinois mask mandate officially expires on Feb 28.

I expect cases to go up.

I will be pleased if they do not.

hoping for the best, preparing for the worst myself

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Pretty cool hopping between the WWIII-, the Covid-, and the Bitcoin-thread in GBS. My brain is fried.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Knot My President! posted:

I will never stop wearing my mask outside and will only take it off inside safely when eating. Even if covid ceased to exist, I haven't been sick in two years. Also every person on the street in my hood in is wearing one, owns p hard

Heck yeah I don't miss catching cold

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
My kids' received a 5-pack rapid antigen test kit to bring home in case they're feeling symptoms. Apparently the reason is because so many kids have been missing school that the teachers are having problems delivering lessons.

It's almost like the school board understands the problem but can't quite get to the solution.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Beatings will continue until morale improves.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I live in eastern WA and am super bummed about this because it was already a struggle to get people to mask at all and the second it goes away it’s going to be “weird” to be wearing one/people might hassle you in public over it because it’s much more conservative here.

I also just don’t get the logic, why do they see falling case numbers and immediately leap to “looks like we could fit a bit more people in our hospitals, wouldn’t want any vacant icu beds “? I can vaguely understand the general desire to open things up too soon we’ve ran into repeatedly, but this isn’t about letting people go back to Applebee’s, you can simply wear a mask while you do other stuff there’s no real drawback or trade off.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ArbitraryC posted:

I live in eastern WA and am super bummed about this because it was already a struggle to get people to mask at all and the second it goes away it’s going to be “weird” to be wearing one/people might hassle you in public over it because it’s much more conservative here.

I also just don’t get the logic, why do they see falling case numbers and immediately leap to “looks like we could fit a bit more people in our hospitals, wouldn’t want any vacant icu beds “? I can vaguely understand the general desire to open things up too soon we’ve ran into repeatedly, but this isn’t about letting people go back to Applebee’s, you can simply wear a mask while you do other stuff there’s no real drawback or trade off.

If a stranger hassles you just say you have cancer and can't risk getting sick. :v: Chuds don't believe that they are the assholes so most of them should back off if they think you have a 'valid reason'.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Knot My President! posted:

Outside is like the least likely place to get COVID. And inside eating is where you'll get COVID.

liz
Nov 4, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

I’m with you goon. All of it feels so premature. Did we not learn a lesson in transmissibility from omicron? I guess not! America just wants to pretend none of this ever happened… I’m so over the selfishness of this country.

The very least they could have done was wait until it was warm enough to have ventilation in places to mitigate whatever new variant is spreading right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insta
Jan 28, 2009
can anyone adequately explain "remove mask mandates" being synonymous with "open it up". what are these people doing, outside of eating, that they can't do with masks on?