Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

the ableist slur character??

https://twitter.com/USPS/status/1287780281609584641

Don't ask Bugs what he did in Korea.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUd9-92EEuw

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

WW2 was done by the spiritual ancestors of Paradox players.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in that the donbas, like the sudeten germans, had legitimate complaints about an ethno-nationalist regime disguised as a democracy?

there are a hundred ways Pelosi's comparison is moronic and you went with the "good thing the Nazis were around to liberate Europe" take

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

the leaders of the separatists had such complaints, I don't know if I'd call them legitimate

https://twitter.com/MannfredNikolai/status/562389455483731969

Weren't you the one arguing that Ukraine doesn't have a nazi problem because it's run by jews just a few days ago?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Good soup! posted:

*operation flashpoint computerized voice* ALL. GO TO. UKRAINE. 12 O'CLOCK.

Biden: WHERE ARE YOU?

ONE. ONE. ONE. WASHINGTON. DC.

ONE. ONE. ONE. WASHINGTON. DC.

ONE. ONE-

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

there are a hundred ways Pelosi's comparison is moronic and you went with the "good thing the Nazis were around to liberate Europe" take

yeah because hitler annexing the sudetenland was the only option on the table. the czechs could have never treated non-czechs better than they did

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Weren't you the one arguing that Ukraine doesn't have a nazi problem because it's run by jews just a few days ago?

lmao.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
maybe Ukraine has a nazi problem because it's run by jews

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it takes a real special brain to look at Ukraine literally folding Azov freaks into their army officially and doing insanely impossible things just out of anti-Russian spite like trying to suppress Russian in a Russian community and go 'well six years ago some local 'leader' said a stupid thing about Jews'. Really makes me warm and fuzzy with the concern the kinda moron who does that totally genuinely has for my people and not just cynically using anti-semitism as a cudgel for imperialism.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

the leaders of the separatists had such complaints, I don't know if I'd call them legitimate

https://twitter.com/MannfredNikolai/status/562389455483731969

if you were zelenskyy would you be happy?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Ain't no Jew more miserable than when he has to order the Azov battalion to defend the homeland

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tankbuster posted:

WW2 was done by the spiritual ancestors of Paradox players.

What the Ukrainians did to those Poles in Galicia was more like Postal.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

if you were zelenskyy would you be happy?

He is the Pagliacci of our times.

Frosted Flake posted:

What the Ukrainians did to those Poles in Galicia was more like Postal.
There's a lot of people mad at paradox for not allowing genocide options in Vicky 2.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Lostconfused posted:

I said 73% of the population voted for a jew, as an argument against the hypothesis that Ukrainians are nazis who should be killed. Way different from what he said:

quote:

Alexander Zakharchenko, leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, claimed that Kiev’s pro-Western leaders were “miserable representatives of the great Jewish people.

“I can’t remember a time when Cossacks were led by people who have never held a sword in their hands,” Zakharchenko told a press conference in the eastern rebel stronghold of Donetsk, in a reference to Ukraine’s nationalist forebears, the Cossacks.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flavahbeast posted:

I said 73% of the population voted for a jew, as an argument against the hypothesis that Ukrainians are nazis who should be killed. Way different from what he said:

stop using my people as a shield to defend your weak and pathetic worldview you sack of poo poo

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

One of the claims Putin has made is that Ukraine is committing a genocide against Russian speakers in the Donbass. Beyond banning teaching Russian, the claim is that they've been bombing civilians on purpose.

Is there any articles or videos discussing this with evidence? Is it credible?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dolphin posted:

ooh i just thought of a good majority population of transylvania

Draculas?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean are we going to pretend the rnu doesn't exist

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Not So Fast posted:

One of the claims Putin has made is that Ukraine is committing a genocide against Russian speakers in the Donbass. Beyond banning teaching Russian, the claim is that they've been bombing civilians on purpose.

Is there any articles or videos discussing this with evidence? Is it credible?

I mean, there's shelling going both ways and Ukraine is using the classic Israel defense of 'maybe they shouldn't have a hospital where we're bombing!!!!' whenever they hit a place, but tbh I think the 'genocide' poo poo is political hyperbole more than anything

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

sexpig by night posted:

stop using my people as a shield to defend your weak and pathetic worldview you sack of poo poo

they're also building the largest holocaust memorial in kyiv

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dolphin posted:

i mean are we going to pretend the rnu doesn't exist

who's doing that, do you think that guy is rnu?

Conspiratiorist posted:

they're also building the largest holocaust memorial in kyiv

they're also building memorials to nazis as 'victims of communism' so gently caress em

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Flavahbeast posted:

there was an SS Cossack division by the way

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Azov battalions are posting sick hype up vids on tiktok and teens are super pumped about it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
how can america be racist, we voted for Obama twice and have a Smithsonian for black people now

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

quote:

Alexander Zakharchenko, leader of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, claimed that Kiev’s pro-Western leaders were “miserable representatives of the great Jewish people.
He's right.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, there's shelling going both ways and Ukraine is using the classic Israel defense of 'maybe they shouldn't have a hospital where we're bombing!!!!' whenever they hit a place, but tbh I think the 'genocide' poo poo is political hyperbole more than anything

Ukrainian Mil are under orders to hold fire.

They've let the shelling go uncontested for 4 straight days. Exceptional fire discipline.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

im not sure what's going on here but as a jewish person don't make "my people" posts tia

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He's right.

tbh 'the west are pathetic examples of Jews' is also Israel's position about us so I'm not sure why America didn't back these guys before

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Azov battalions are posting sick hype up vids on tiktok and teens are super pumped about it

will they ever surpass the video of Zelensky pleading to them that he is not a loser

https://twitter.com/I_Katchanovski/status/1188249942789365761?s=20&t=XbDjjK_nYfbvVN_3tyFhqQ

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ever take a poo poo in the schvitz? i have. BIG ones

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

this is all giving me an idea for a jewish tropic thunder

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

There must be a reason the US selects proxies on the edge of and at odds with their larger societies.

The reason those monks set themselves on fire in Vietnam was because Diem and his guys were militantly Catholic in a largely Buddhist society and used the protection afforded by US support to antagonize the Buddhists, including passing all sorts of restrictive laws. The population breakdown here is different, but these campaigns against the Russian citizens of THEE Ukraine would not be possible without US support either.

It’s not as explicit as the British and French picking a race or caste or linguistic group to be Their Guys, but it feels as if in a vacuum the furthest right wing ethnic nationalists wouldn’t be the people holding the reins, in the same way that in a vacuum Catholics would not be running Vietnam.

So, how much of this is Divide-and-Rule, and how much is just a byproduct of Maidan?

The prominence of these groups, at least going from what I’ve read, is not organic or related to their popularity or the natural sentiment of the Ukrainian people, so creating or elevating them must serve some function post-2014.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

you losers sound like the zionists who need to keep just asking questions about hamas' anti-semitism or their poor lgbtq record

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

crepeface posted:

huh, the actual contract has been cancelled? if true, it sounds a bit more serious than the previous scholz statement.

i guess rip german electricity bills? or they did a do a deal with US shale gas?

it remains the funniest thing on earth to yell about shutting it all down while nordstream 1 pumps away

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

goon named kill all cops: y'all are being too ablist

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

I agree but I also think it's hosed up when Ukrainian pundits only talk about Russian occupiers and call them Russian occupied territories. Because obviously none of the people living there are Ukrainian anymore or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007