Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
The cool thing about rog how well he interacts with the new eldritch currency. I got a pair of boots with t1 fire/cold/lightning resist, and that's perfect for using eldritch currency to work the prefixes.

Expedition is absolutely baller. Fully specced you always get 6 huge explosives which is generally enough to tag every remnant, runic, and chest in a map encounter. I really love logbooks so it was an easy choice for my main atlas choice.

Also tujen is the best, he just throws chaos at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

I've messed around big time with the atlas tree this league trying various strategies and I tried the torment nodes + rogue exile nodes and was extremely disappointed with the loot. I've generally been trying to keep a given atlas tree for a decent number of maps before respecing it but the rogue exile nodes were so clearly underwhelming it was the fastest tree I respeced into something else by far.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

totalnewbie posted:

Me: I'm going to try to get through the story in 10 hours this time. Racing against the clock... kill A10 Kitava with 15min to spare (more like 45 because of some breaks I took while logged in). Woo, I'm getting better!

Lightee: yeah I already killed exarch in SSFHC (on my second character)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3246581

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hhe9b8c-U

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

xZAOx posted:

Overall I love filterblade, but he loves showing trash cards and trash uniques, meanwhile hiding cheap but useful currency, that I'd rather pick up than deal with trade for.

I usually go with semi-strict while leveling, strict somewhere probably in early maps, very strict not long after and I'll stay at that for a while, then uber strict once I'm in more of a farm mode. But I'll then tweak it to show some stuff that it hides probably along the way.

I took my shot customizing my filter this league, after having used whatever filter vasudus posted for many leagues. I think the big things are hiding any flask below 83, any gem with less than 19% qual, any non-influenced t2 or worse rare, any influenced t2 or worse weapon/jewelry, t3 armor,, 6s, chrome recipe, any t3 currency stack < 3, all scraps, whetstones, scrolls, most shards, any map below T11 and a few other things.

Once I enabled it, it was a breath of fresh air. It's still too much stuff, tho. I should probably filter all rares below 85. And I wish I knew how to better customize identified item hiding. And I should probably get rid of t3 cards and uniques and hide more cluster jewels.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

T2 influence jewelery can be worth a ton with the right explicit mods. I always leave all influence jewelery and all jewels on because identifying things and occasionally auging magic jewels is the best way to satisfy my need to interact with loot that isn't currency without either taking too long or having literally no return. No luck with influence jewelery this league but I've aug'd crit multi onto es, then regaled crit multi. That was some early bank. And plenty of random rare jewels that I id and toss into a 50c tab have sold at 50, or at 30 when I drop the tab value later on. Good little moneymaker.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Just chainrun vaal temples and look out for double corrupted uniques
All the loot you'll ever need, imo

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

pork never goes bad posted:

T2 influence jewelery can be worth a ton with the right explicit mods. I always leave all influence jewelery and all jewels on because identifying things and occasionally auging magic jewels is the best way to satisfy my need to interact with loot that isn't currency without either taking too long or having literally no return. No luck with influence jewelery this league but I've aug'd crit multi onto es, then regaled crit multi. That was some early bank. And plenty of random rare jewels that I id and toss into a 50c tab have sold at 50, or at 30 when I drop the tab value later on. Good little moneymaker.

I'll clarify this: I moved around some t2 jewelry bases (single resist, single stat, unset) so that I still see good stuff, but no coral, paua, marble, etc. Jewels are still there, but no magic. The goal is to make it so I'm taking an inventory or less of stuff back each map. That way I'm not making multiple trips to the stash mid map, and I'm not burning time or mental energy sorting loot mid map. That's why it's still too much.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Vasudus posted:

In my continued cycle of poor choices, I am going for 100 this league at long last. I hit 99 yesterday, running 40 sets of 5-way legions on my poison sparker. 40 isn't enough BTW, you need like 42. Cost 24ex buying the emblems, dropped about 16-18ex worth of loot all things considered. Really wasn't all that bad, minus the approximately four hours of running legions. I think I'm going to get 20-30% of 100 running my usual juiced maps and then start the final push. Might do flawless chayula runs this time.

solo?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Yeah. Solo is fine, the returns are good. Putting more than at most one person slows down my bosskilling too much, I'm not cyclone and this isn't legion.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Are there any other great combos for archnem? I've been mainly using Mirror/garg - treant - assassin - rejuv, I was going to change my filter to only show ones that I want to use, but wanted to make sure there wasn't any other really solid ones I am unaware of?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Shakiri drops all uniques, combine with brine king to have it reroll 6 times and only pick the rarest, combine on a map where altars gave you multiple unique duplication effects and you'll be drowning in the value of a bunch of 5c uniques and endless alchemy orb uniques and that feeling of disappointment from mousing over to see yet another wurm's molt.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Corruptor drops 2x Abyssal items (always eye jewels), which can trigger the "Abyssal eyes can drop corrupted with 5-6 mods" atlas abyssal node, so you can get some fun stuff from those. Not the most lucrative, but gives some interesting results every now and then. Especially if you combine it with some of the reroll archnem mods.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I finally specced out of strongboxes. I'm going to give Beyond a go now that I am juicing maps more. If Beyond turns out to be a dud, I'll switch back and avoid the double divination and map portion.

So far expedition and Ritual have made me the most cash.
I'm hoping that Harbringer, Ritual, and Expedition will work well with Beyond. I'm also specced into Essences, which seems like a good baseline for making some cash every run.
Would love to hear other people's endgame currency trees.

Also:

Really hate scarabs dropping in my combo even if the reroll twice is good. Is the best Garg version of the combo: Reju, treant, assassin, garg?

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 23, 2022

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
FYI If you want to do Ritual you should use a charged compass with 4 uses instead of the map device option. They work out to about 6c per ritual rather than 13.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm specced into:

Harbinger: Unspeakable Offensive, Ominous Arrival, First Wave
Legion: Templar more common, Maraketh more common, Emblematic
Betrayal: Intelligence Gathering
Strongboxes: Secret Operations, Tamper-Proof, Twice Tempted
Breach: Flash Breach
Eater: Rampant Growth (entire hub, for pacsize), The Shadow of Hunger
Exarch: Word of the Exarch (entire hub, for packsize)
Sextants: Enduring Influence
Delirium: All notables
Mapping: Shaping the Seas, Shaping the Valleys
Abyss: Abyssal Army
Beyond: Scent of Blood, Torn Veil

I basically get the best parts of every gimmick for mapping.

Also for those unaware, the Word of the Exarch / Rampant Growth hubs that give influenced pack size stack and apply to any influenced pack - Shaper/Elder/Conqs/etc.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

FYI If you want to do Ritual you should use a charged compass with 4 uses instead of the map device option. They work out to about 6c per ritual rather than 13.

You should also be buying ritual bottles and loading them up with the rituals from the ones spawns by the sextant since those are like 8c for a ritual with a lot more favor.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

In a first for me, I've actually been far enough into the endgame that I'm able to really juice the gently caress outta maps that I'm interested in. So I did it with a blight map, which are the kind of content I enjoy the most and so I figured it was a good target.

I can't run it without the game crashing.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Vincent Valentine posted:

In a first for me, I've actually been far enough into the endgame that I'm able to really juice the gently caress outta maps that I'm interested in. So I did it with a blight map, which are the kind of content I enjoy the most and so I figured it was a good target.

I can't run it without the game crashing.

poe.txt

"Until you juice the map so much it crashes, are you even playing PoE?"

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I've read Static Strike snapshots the melee damage of the hit, but does anyone know if it snapshots crit chance/multiplier? I was working on trying to make a tankier assassin and cranking up elusiveness and decided to try static strike to turn the big movement buff into some damage. I just picked up Ambush but am not sure if it would work to crank out the beams on SS.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

graynull posted:

I've read Static Strike snapshots the melee damage of the hit, but does anyone know if it snapshots crit chance/multiplier? I was working on trying to make a tankier assassin and cranking up elusiveness and decided to try static strike to turn the big movement buff into some damage. I just picked up Ambush but am not sure if it would work to crank out the beams on SS.

Yes, I played this last league

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Also for those unaware, the Word of the Exarch / Rampant Growth hubs that give influenced pack size stack and apply to any influenced pack - Shaper/Elder/Conqs/etc.

drat it, I wondered about this every time I moused over those nodes and had them allocated for the last like week, and *just* allocated out of them before reading this lol

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Rakeris posted:

Are there any other great combos for archnem? I've been mainly using Mirror/garg - treant - assassin - rejuv, I was going to change my filter to only show ones that I want to use, but wanted to make sure there wasn't any other really solid ones I am unaware of?

Well it looks like GGG doesn't let you hide any of the archnem loot according to filterblade. There goes that idea.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Rakeris posted:

Well it looks like GGG doesn't let you hide any of the archnem loot according to filterblade. There goes that idea.

You can hide it manually. Tuna made a filter for it. I posted the syntax a week or two ago in this thread.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Nice, they're completely bricking my zenith worb totem build because GGG can't playtest for poo poo and their QA is dogshit. One league they say "we're not doing midleague nerfs to builds" and the next they pull poo poo like this. People have been pinging GGG devs for weeks now trying to get clarification, and even Mark himself posted in the "ziz effect in action" reddit thread explaining how cooldowns work on channeled skills, which made everyone assume that the interaction was intended because he's there, in the loving thread with all the info right in front of him, and he didn't mention it being a bug at all until a day later.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 24, 2022

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the two day-old thread with a day-old post from Mark saying that the totem skill itself not having a cooldown is a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming patch?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't think it's actually a bug because it only adds a cool down to projectiles, which spell totem support does not have as a tag. this is just how the game works i thought. it's not even the only totem/trap/etc cooldown interaction where that support gets around it. now if they just say 'well we designed it with totem cooldown in mind and nobody ever bothered to check' that's one thing but still feels like a gameplay balance and not a bug fix.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Hamelekim posted:

You can hide it manually. Tuna made a filter for it. I posted the syntax a week or two ago in this thread.

Ahhh nice, thank you!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rakeris posted:

I like doing Temporal Bubble + Treant for Expedition currency. Shame it's lumped in with Heist, though.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

i don't think it's actually a bug because it only adds a cool down to projectiles, which spell totem support does not have as a tag. this is just how the game works i thought. it's not even the only totem/trap/etc cooldown interaction where that support gets around it. now if they just say 'well we designed it with totem cooldown in mind and nobody ever bothered to check' that's one thing but still feels like a gameplay balance and not a bug fix.

Totems are supposed to inherit the cooldown from whatever spell they're casting. Black Zenith adds a cooldown to projectile skills. Winter Orb is a projectile skill, thus it gets a cooldown, thus the totem should inherit it. There's no ambiguity here, it is clearly a bug.

That said, self-casting Winter Orb works fine. Just get enough Frostblink cooldown recovery/range and move with that exclusively.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Larry Parrish posted:

Spell Totem Support does not have it as a tag, but Winter Orb does - Spell Totem Support isn't a skill in itself, it's just supposed to change the supported spell into a totemic version with all the same tags. This is why, currently, other projectile spells supported by the same gem will have a cooldown on casting their totems just like they do while hand-casting the same spell.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Friends, I'm officially hired as Last Epoch's Technical Artist and cleared to say so. I shall unleash a new wave of Delirium fog upon all games.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
congrats, that owns

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Elentor posted:

Friends, I'm officially hired as Last Epoch's Technical Artist and cleared to say so. I shall unleash a new wave of Delirium fog upon all games.

hell yes

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

cool

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Elentor posted:

Congratulations, that rules

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Elentor posted:

Goon grats

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hell yeah

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Elentor posted:

Please keep us updated on how you break the inner workings of the game when cleared to do so.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Elentor posted:

Please add an official wireframe mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Please keep us updated on how you break the inner workings of the game when cleared to do so.

I was actually asked about the stuff I did in past projects describing the mechanics behind techart so this might actually happen with official clearance someday.