Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Riot Bimbo posted:

I mean, maybe? But nah, not at all.

:twisted: you'll never be absolutely suuuuuuuuure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

certainty is for people trying to sell books

realtalk though I am falling down an entanglement rabbit hole now and if particles can react to each other from infinitely far away with no delay why could we not also have that property in some form

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 18:40 on Feb 23, 2022

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Protagonist posted:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

certainty is for people trying to sell books

also I've been steadily making my peace with that for a while now. It's okay :)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

So this is a recurrence sort of thing and your consciousness is returning to the source, taking with it the nice moments to enrich the collective us

e:
I mean to say, if there's any semblance of a reality to nonlocality why would it not be conceivable that our atoms are paired and born from a centralized consciousness
like our lives are just little instances broken off from the source and periodically reconnected like a 5g signal syncing

There are a lot of mystical traditions that believe exactly this.

On another topic, scientists say that planetary intelligence is real, but we don't got any:
https://www.sciencealert.com/astrophysicists-say-planetary-intelligence-exists-but-earth-doesn-t-have-any

edit: also, there are neurons in the auditory region that respond only to singing!
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2309238-there-are-neurons-in-the-brain-that-only-seem-to-respond-to-singing/

Bilirubin has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Feb 23, 2022

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Am I misremembering something or is it true we have one specific neuron for any face we've seen? When you see Dolly Parton your Dolly Parton neuron lights up and it's a different neuron than the one that lights up when you see Ariana Grande's face and there's no cross-over?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

There are a lot of mystical traditions that believe exactly this.

On another topic, scientists say that planetary intelligence is real, but we don't got any:
https://www.sciencealert.com/astrophysicists-say-planetary-intelligence-exists-but-earth-doesn-t-have-any

edit: also, there are neurons in the auditory region that respond only to singing!
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2309238-there-are-neurons-in-the-brain-that-only-seem-to-respond-to-singing/

I feel like the universe (via this thread) is feeding me some delightful and necessary information these days

also okay here's another thing that's weirding me out

I did the monroe "energy food" recording and certainly not all at once but recently and since it seems like I've stopped craving meat
I used to absolutely need meat with meals to be satiated and would crave it as a snack but that has just kinda withered... Not that I now find the thought of all meat morally repugnant or the taste disagreeable all of a sudden but it's like a switch flipped in my head that I couldn't get over the threshold with before.

now I know this could be the confluence of a lot of different changes in my life that have put me towards the path of a more vegetarian lifestyle but even when I wanted to avoid it before I'd still get those feelings of "could really go for a slice of that salami in the fridge right now" but it feels like something just severed the connection of delicious aged meats to the pleasure center in my brain

gently caress if I know what or why but I'll take it

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Meat cum

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Protagonist posted:

thats what makes it fun you absolute monkey

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Massively Single-Multiplayer Open World Evolving Roguelike w/ Infinite Resets & Replayability

In our newest edition of Godhead-Cosmos®, you play the role of every encounter! No two lives will be exactly alike, nor will you remember any of your past playthroughs! Escape the humdrum existence of an infinite unbound consciousness being inexorably drawn into the everlasting one-ness of Nihilon! In Godhead-Cosmos® you can frolic forever!

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The Protagonist posted:

Massively Single-Multiplayer Open World Evolving Roguelike w/ Infinite Resets & Replayability

In our newest edition of Godhead-Cosmos®, you play the role of every encounter! No two lives will be exactly alike, nor will you remember any of your past playthroughs! Escape the humdrum existence of an infinite unbound consciousness being inexorably drawn into the everlasting one-ness of Nihilon! In Godhead-Cosmos® you can frolic forever!
i for one welcome our newolder than time extradimensional overlords: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5x6uv3G5hM (massive destiny the witch queen spoiler)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

The Protagonist posted:

Worst method of new game+ I've ever seen implemented.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Am I misremembering something or is it true we have one specific neuron for any face we've seen? When you see Dolly Parton your Dolly Parton neuron lights up and it's a different neuron than the one that lights up when you see Ariana Grande's face and there's no cross-over?

This is known as the "grandmother cell" and it's generally brought up as a sort of reductio ad absurdum for certain models of neuroscience https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandmother_cell

Generally not thought to be the case today, is my understanding.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
From an unbounded infinite consciousness perspective there is no void or annihilation. Consider, if you are the Godhead and there is a Godhead perspective - that is, a Godhead perspective with a me - there exists no division between the something and the nothing, between the me and the not-me. That is, if you are the Godhead you are all things. You are not just all things which are! You are also those things which are not! There is no difference from this perspective between the me (something) and the not-me (nothing). The Godhead, being infinite, would exist simultaneously as the me and not-me. Something isn't separate from nothing here, it is one in the same. So the Godhead exists, therefore, in a state of something-nothing. It cannot move into nothing, it is also nothing. The self and the not-self are the same, something and nothing are the same. The void does not exist.

We're here as God experiencing finity. Why? Why not - what else is there to do? It's fun!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mortal existence is the divine equivalent of sitting on your hand before jacking off so it feels like someone else is doing it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

For every Godhead dreaming of being a mortal, there is a mortal dreaming of existence beyond finity.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Sort of? Again, because we are talking about the Godhead perspective, from this perspective there is no difference between the One and the Many. Both are Real and both are Illusions. It's someone else but this someone else is an aspect of yourself and is very much yourself while very much not yourself. It's kind of... this is a crude analogy but if you were looking in a mirror is there one or two of you? Well there's only one of you but you wouldn't say that the reflected image is you. It's obviously separate but it's obviously the same.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

all this talk of the one versus the constituent many is reminding me of kill 6 billion demons and how i wish for it to return...sooon

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

MANTLE YOUR TRANSCEDENT CORE

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

could also be the case that along with whatever the truth of the big bang is that it split consciousness from a single entity to something accidentally seeded into the very fabric of the universe

but any iteration of the unified mind would also explain why a sufficiently advanced species would spend any goddamned time at all looking at the brutish apes and not just obliterating our species and letting the butterflies and octopods have the planet

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
If you get a pet fish for a kindergarten classroom and they overfeed the fish and kill it, would you punish the classroom?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

we are spawn in the spawning pool of an infinite and loving God hth

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
i wrote a post about radonautica being just an advanced filter on the pokemon go database but lol watching some more videos and im spook'd

goblins and poo poo

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
i like goblins and imps

thank you for understanding

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

no

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 15:45 on Mar 4, 2022

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i enjoy entertaining hypotheticals about The Great Beyond as much as the next dude, obviously, but a nearly universal thread i see amongst the, hm, 'Alan Watts' crowd if you will is that a loving nature is treated as nearly tautological and like...

idk man

when I met Myself they/I said we/I didn't having any loving clue any better about any of this than us meat apes down here and also like, the whole thing was a big fuckup accident and like..

yea

could be

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Cosmos, the Unwanted Baby Deity

An Infinite Lifetime Movie

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

an Abyssal Panglion came in through the kitchen window and ate Mom-Dad and We're just left screaming in the crib

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

fanfic insert posted:

i wrote a post about radonautica being just an advanced filter on the pokemon go database but lol watching some more videos and im spook'd

goblins and poo poo

Little warning: if you try it for yourself and feel a sense of Dread or a feeling of fear comes over you, under no circumstances should you accept the dread or fear as real or capable of anything. You don't have to press on to a point if you don't feel comfortable but don't ascribe anything to the fear - just ignore it as if it doesn't exist, didn't happen, and don't recall it or ponder it.

As with all things in the realm of magic stay light, have fun, stay grounded, let things roll off of you. Be like a joyful, loving breeze.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

My wife keeps trying to get me to go outside and experience nature. She's also very spiritual and meditates all the time. Maybe we'll go on a randonautica jaunt this weekend.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I want to try randonautica but I'm not installing any more drat things on my phone.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

More Lue's clues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMP71LF1JE&t=1s

he namedrops remote viewing and psychic stuff again so I'm of no doubt Lue believes in the interconnected stuff

if you don’t watch for the aitees, watch for the couple of stoners chilling and talking about old cars with a career US intelligence officer who was involved with the 9/11 interrogations

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the lesson being taught by randonautica is that the world is filled with beauty, weird coincidence, and tiny miracles, you simply need to be looking

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
peer ye into the god head

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

is that there one of them ideal Platonic forms?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

is that there one of them ideal Platonic forms?

the goatse ratio

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the goatse ratio

[UFOs] the goatse ratio

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I do have to say though the arms are backwards. Thumbs should be down, ring on left hand.

Not that I, uh, have studied the picture in question that carefully *tugs collar* its just, um, anatomy

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

oh and I guess I photoshopped the arms and hands out once to make a dumb Trump thread joke that nobody liked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

[UFOs] the goatse ratio