Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I like this theory better than my theory about Keefe not training the God Squad with the right muscle groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i think the best in-show interpretation of kelvin bearing the cross is that he was bestowed a miracle by god, but i do not think the show would ever have any character be the literal interpretation of christ, the show has too much respect towards religion to do that i think

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just assume they're in Charleston. Not just because they film there, but because everything slots into Charleston anyhow.

The beach is near Beaufort and could even work as the actual location they want to use too. Those islands are awash in conservation protections.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i think the best in-show interpretation of kelvin bearing the cross is that he was bestowed a miracle by god, but i do not think the show would ever have any character be the literal interpretation of christ, the show has too much respect towards religion to do that i think

i think that kelvin can definitely work miracles, but only when it is funny

he could have simply kicked the wayward musclemen from his house, but the miracle was that kelvin regained his self respect through a feat of strength

kelvin is not christ because that is not funny, but kelvin thinking he might be christ is funny, so he might be christ (he totally isn't tho (but what if he is???))

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"Kelvin, I don't think you're ... I KNOW you're not Jesus Christ."

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV3wbdJNetc

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Sash! posted:

I just assume they're in Charleston. Not just because they film there, but because everything slots into Charleston anyhow.

The beach is near Beaufort and could even work as the actual location they want to use too. Those islands are awash in conservation protections.

Fun (pointless) Fact! Beaufort, SC was where all of the Bayou La Batre, Alabama scenes were filmed for Forrest Gump. Bayou La Batre is where I grew up from ages 0 - 11. Having lived in one and visited the other, they look drat near identical, except the bayou water in BLB is toxic as hell and pitch-black brackish.

That said, the site for Zion's landing, since it's set in Florida, really is a dead-ringer for some of the undeveloped beaches along the Nature Coast, which is all the counties from roughly Panama City Beach down to roughly Hernando/Pasco County (immediately north of Tampa/St. Pete). In real life, I'm shocked a Zion's Landing-type resort doesn't already exist along the Nature Coast somewhere, or in Orlando.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Another fun fact about Forrest Gump, the vietnam jungle was right across the street from Forrest's childhood home.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Didn't Eric Andre have a cameo in season one as like a production assistant? He was definitely in one of the shows as a no name part, I thought it was this

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Didn't Eric Andre have a cameo in season one as like a production assistant? He was definitely in one of the shows as a no name part, I thought it was this

A quick Google tells me that was Curb Your Enthusiasm back in 2009.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Rip lmao. That explains it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Danny McBride was actually pretty good in Alien Covenant, though he didn't really have much to work with. Meanwhile, I keep amusing myself with character mashups.

"I tried it be Double Dragons against them but they got those fuckin double mouths? You know about that poo poo? GodDAMN double mouths beat double dragons."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Kelvin's lower center of gravity probably helps with the dragging but the pushing the cross upright would probably squarsh him

We saw Kevlin without his shirt on earlier this season. If he did some cutting he'd probably look pretty beefy.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I don't know what it is about musclemen. One muscleman is impressive and cool, but 15 musclemen is just hilarious and silly.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
He's a southern American pilot named Tennessee wearing a cowboy hat. It's difficult to believe that Alien Covenant wasn't a parody (Scott should rename it Origae-6bound & Down)

Caesar Saladin posted:

I don't know what it is about musclemen. One muscleman is impressive and cool, but 15 musclemen is just hilarious and silly.

I think that's called Gyminishing returns

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

The World Inferno posted:

Wonder if that was an improv given as far as I recall there hasn't been mention of it otherwise.

His trailer claims it cures all kinds of things, including COVID(s).

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm loving the needless pluralizations.

It fights the streps!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sash! posted:

I'm loving the needless pluralizations.

It fights the streps!

I really love it when Jesse does it.

"Car pranks, baby"

"Quit doin' power plays!"

"You just wanna be Double Dragons..."

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

ᵗʰᵉ ᵉˡⁱˣⁱʳˢ…

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Doing the lords work

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
So Amber is definitely hiding *something* right? You get that concerned close-up of her when she's talking with Jesse. I didn't know if it was going to be something that played into the finale or next season given the scene earlier where Judy mentions Amber's background as well.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I don’t think she was part of the whole cycle ninja thing, but I do think she’s probably been talking to the Lissons about their situation. It seems like she thinks Jesse isn’t really going to do anything himself at this point about being in charge.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really love it when Jesse does it.

"Car pranks, baby"

"Quit doin' power plays!"

"You just wanna be Double Dragons..."

“Take the computers out of los orejas”

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

DrVenkman posted:

So Amber is definitely hiding *something* right? You get that concerned close-up of her when she's talking with Jesse. I didn't know if it was going to be something that played into the finale or next season given the scene earlier where Judy mentions Amber's background as well.

What's made the writing on this show really good is not playing up to standard tv tropes. Showing an upset, ambitious woman while things are afoot automatically meant she was involved, in a daytime soap opera. I'm hoping for better here. They killed some people at the beginning of ths season and haven't touched on it at all, other than Juniors offhand comment about the reporter last episode.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

If I hadn't been reading and posting ITT, I know I would've reacted with "wait what reporter? OHHHHHHH, right! Jason Schwartzmann was in this for 5 minutes, yeah" when Junior mentioned him last week.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I could go for more Harmon.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

wolrah posted:

His trailer claims it cures all kinds of things, including COVID(s).

Him rolling the trailer and then running away on foot was probably the hardest I’ve laughed at the show.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I think Amber is just dissatisfied with her equally-ambitious husband letting challenges get in his way. It would be weird for Jesse to be betrayed by his closest family two seasons in a row

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
she shot him in the buttocks

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

When rewatching the trailer last week to double-check the whole "timeshare is in Florida" thing, I noticed a scene we haven't seen (:haw:) yet:

Two dudes on fire running around in front of the cabin.

I assume this is next episode, unless it's just footage from the trailer that ends up not making it to the final cut of the show. The only time I remember that happening is with Succession, as I don't think Kendall smugly going "The revolution will be televised" was in any of the episodes.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

she shot him in the buttocks

Yeah but he kinda had that coming

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I believe the correct quote is “sheshotme in mah butthole!”

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
The 90s flashback scenes... the attention to detail is impeccable. I’m specifically talking about those hideous mens’ color-block polos and knit sweaters. Ugh and the burgundy/hunter green southern living decor, obnoxious window treatments, patterns and ruffled skirts on everything. I could almost smell the simmering potpourri.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Also, not sure if I've already praised it, but the soundtrack to this season has been phenomenal. Always feel like there's a correlation with great music supervision and the quality of a truly great show – Breaking Bad, Fargo, Legion, etc. etc.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Also, not sure if I've already praised it, but the soundtrack to this season has been phenomenal. Always feel like there's a correlation with great music supervision and the quality of a truly great show – Breaking Bad, Fargo, Legion, etc. etc.

Jody Hill shows and movies always have incredible music in them

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I still believe that this song should close out every episode, like it did the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH7odOXB1GA

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

resting mitch face posted:

The 90s flashback scenes... the attention to detail is impeccable. I’m specifically talking about those hideous mens’ color-block polos and knit sweaters. Ugh and the burgundy/hunter green southern living decor, obnoxious window treatments, patterns and ruffled skirts on everything. I could almost smell the simmering potpourri.

For me it was the woman's hair styles. Every woman had that Aimee Leigh hair style.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Also, not sure if I've already praised it, but the soundtrack to this season has been phenomenal.

I have a JBs album arriving from Discogs this week due to discovering them via "Breaking Bread" in Season 1's flashback scene. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everything those guys work on always has a great use of music.