Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

No accessibility options huh. Cool world you got here. Yeah.

WHAT ABOUT US WHO ARE LITERALLY JUST BLACK RIMMED GLASSES SUSPENDED IN AMNIOTIC FLUID IN A BEAKER!!!!!!!!!!YOUFUCK

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Fortaleza posted:

I knew a guy with bad arachnophobia so he got a realistic-looking tattoo of a spider on his arm. It really did help him get over it but for a bit there he was scared of his own arm

lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

I knew a guy with bad arachnophobia so he got a realistic-looking tattoo of a spider on his arm. It really did help him get over it but for a bit there he was scared of his own arm

lol

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Fortaleza posted:

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

ive never understood how you can get through life if it's really that bad you can't even see spiders on a computer screen lol. they're loving everywhere. and everywhere in media too. anyway it always sounds like the gaming version of people who wont eat spicy food.

yeah what kind of bitch is scared of spiders.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3966472&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post514380884

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

lmao

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The accessibility people don’t deserve to play elden ring

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm scared of real spiders too but I just don't get being scared of ones in games lol. They're not real and more importantly can't bite me.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

one time my ex ran out of the bathroom shrieking that there was a spider in there, it's florida so weird bugs are always gonna get in no matter what.

naked but armed with a chancleta I assumed it was some common house spider, I couldnt find it anywhere in our tiny cramped bathroom until I looked above the door and found out south florida has fist sized black widow spiders. just lost control of my body and dropped the sandal and somehow my legs ran me out the door before I could think and I screamed like a girl.

came back in wearing a parka+mask hazmat suit in 80 degree weather and a giant bottle of RAID and I ended that bitch

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm scared of real spiders too but I just don't get being scared of ones in games lol. They're not real and more importantly can't bite me.

yeah I can see why, you get caught in their webs often

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

lmfao

one time my ex ran out of the bathroom shrieking that there was a spider in there, it's florida so weird bugs are always gonna get in no matter what.

naked but armed with a chancleta I assumed it was some common house spider, I couldnt find it anywhere in our tiny cramped bathroom until I looked above the door and found out south florida has fist sized black widow spiders. just lost control of my body and dropped the sandal and somehow my legs ran me out the door before I could think and I screamed like a girl.

came back in wearing a parka+mask hazmat suit in 80 degree weather and a giant bottle of RAID and I ended that bitch

Lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was carrying firewood into the house once as a teenager and a wolf spider that had an abdomen about a big as my thumb crawled out of the stack I was holding right by my face and I screamed so loud it made my throat raw as I threw all the wood away lol.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

me trying to talk about current evenrs to normal people: “this is all just so awful for ukranian fromsoft fans. the russians are inhuman.. i cant even imagine the grief..

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Orange DeviI posted:

The accessibility people don’t deserve to play elden ring

they should be funneled into a playschool style internet closed off from normal people

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

When I was like 3 or 4 years old visiting my aunt in the Dominican Republic I went to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and there was this insanely gigantic tarantula sitting on the toilet paper roll and I ended up being terrified of spiders for about a decade or two. I'm mostly okay with them now but still not crazy about em.

Gonna kill Queelag tonight, wish me luck

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

they should be funneled into a playschool style internet closed off from normal people

What do you think Twitter is

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the summer after graduating from college i was back in my parents' house. i walked up from my bedroom in the basement to the garage at like 3am to get a drink and there was a giant rear end spider on the floor. i hit it with a broom and it exploded into hundreds of tiny little spiders and i fell halfway down the stairs trying to run away in panic

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I even get why people avoid media with weirdly specific things, everyone has their poo poo, it's saying that the media is a slight against the disabled that's beyond the pale to me.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Orange DeviI posted:

lmao

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Spiders are cool

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I even get why people avoid media with weirdly specific things, everyone has their poo poo, it's saying that the media is a slight against the disabled that's beyond the pale to me.

nothing can be just "not for me" anymore, everything must appeal to everyone and if it doesn't, it's a failing of the product and those who made it

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Game unlocks for x-heads at 6am EST using the new zealand trick. LETS loving GO!!!!!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
12 hours to go....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thought this was gonna be a link to the Plutonis Castlevania snail post.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That Little Demon posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

vincent price looking on in horror as larry, trapped in a web, screams "help me you retard, help meeeew!!"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

this, basically

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

nothing can be just "not for me" anymore, everything must appeal to everyone and if it doesn't, it's a failing of the product and those who made it

I remember when Sekiro came out everyone was crying about it as usual, while I watched a paraplegic guy play and beat it no problem lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Kongming posted:

Of course all these people have loving FFXIV avatars.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I remember when Sekiro came out everyone was crying about it as usual, while I watched a paraplegic guy play and beat it no problem lol

mfers beat these games with guitar hero controllers and these people are complaining they need it directly written on their tv where to go at all times

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

forget it, Jake. it’s Twitter

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Remember how Dawn Horizon literally saved humanity from the brink of extinction? Oh sorry, I forgot. Big Epic Sword Guy swings his sword for the win. :rolleyes: Rubbish.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

There's time now... I can play all the games I want! I have all the time in the world.

*loads up Elden Ring, sees there's no quest log or objective markers* That's not fair...... that's not fair!! There was time now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Orange DeviI posted:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my favorite is when they say it's impossible for them to react fast enough to stuff that's fairly slow and telegraphed and it's like. you wouldn't be able to handle dressing yourself or eating with that delayed of a reaction lol. you're just bad at games which isn't a disability.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

my favorite is when they say it's impossible for them to react fast enough to stuff that's fairly slow and telegraphed and it's like. you wouldn't be able to handle dressing yourself or eating with that delayed of a reaction lol. you're just bad at games which isn't a disability.

People joke about Battletoads being a notoriously difficult game, but they wouldn't if they knew that, for me, it was the first in a series of virtual aggressions and indignities that would come to be characterized as "my life"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[game journalist staring at a pdf menu of Joes Spicy Tacos, home of the worlds spiciest tacos™] The lack of accessibility options for people with ulcers is problematic, to say the least. And if the only response you ahve to this is "go to a different loving restaurant you malding little freak", maybe youre the-- wait a minute, all the tacos have TORTILLAS?! when CELIACS EXIST?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

Control Volume posted:

[game journalist staring at a pdf menu of Joes Spicy Tacos, home of the worlds spiciest tacos™] The lack of accessibility options for people with ulcers is problematic, to say the least. And if the only response you ahve to this is "go to a different loving restaurant you malding little freak", maybe youre the-- wait a minute, all the tacos have TORTILLAS?! when CELIACS EXIST?!?

lol