Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

External Organs posted:

It is a serious MOOD to read this thread and then a Ukraine thread. Wowzers.

Planning to finish my first run just before the nuclear blast wave hits so I won't have to live in a world where there's no more Elden Ring to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i am so loving bad at this game. definitely more dark souls than sekiro on the combat front. sad for me because i'm way bad at souls combat.

i'm on performance mode. graphics seem fine(the wolf texture though. woof.) there's def frame rate dips in the open world and pop in but nothing terrible. i haven't gone into a dungeon yet.

i'm having a lot of fun as a samurai but kinda wish things would die faster so i may re-roll something i can just dump str into.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

how Lustrous is an acceptable amount of Luster?

what are you, stupid?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Pores: Huge
Luster: Max
Dark Circles: 200
Dark Circle color: reddish gray

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please tell me there is a Kirkhammer type weapon in this game

Alternatively a very large hammer for which I may smash the unbelievers

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

KidDynamite posted:

i am so loving bad at this game. definitely more dark souls than sekiro on the combat front. sad for me because i'm way bad at souls combat.

i'm on performance mode. graphics seem fine(the wolf texture though. woof.) there's def frame rate dips in the open world and pop in but nothing terrible. i haven't gone into a dungeon yet.

i'm having a lot of fun as a samurai but kinda wish things would die faster so i may re-roll something i can just dump str into.

don't have to tell me twice *smashes the buttons to raise the stats that lets me strap giant hunks of stone to my body as armor*

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
The only two people I know who are getting this are a) planning to return it after a few hours this weekend, and b) only plan to play it this weekend and then stop, because I apparently only know people incapable of paying attention to anything for longer than a few hours.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

External Organs posted:

It is a serious MOOD to read this thread and then a Ukraine thread. Wowzers.

It's probably a good idea to stay away from places openly praying for nuclear hellfire. You'll start to believe them.

Also, our sight can so drastically outreach our grasp that staring unblinking at things so much beyond your control just makes you feel utterly helpless. We're simply not built to watch while unable to do anything. It drives us genuinely mad. The horrible truth is that we have to look away. Not to enforce our ignorance, but to simply exist in a world where you can see everything while still having the reach of a normal person. Besides, all you're gonna find is Russia lying about things.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 24, 2022

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Ukraine is beyond my locus of control. The lands between though, oh Elden Ring.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

While rest of Japanese stock market is crashing along with the rest of world markets, Bandai Namco and Kadokawa(fromsoft owner) are both up 10% today.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ulio posted:

While rest of Japanese stock market is crashing along with the rest of world markets, Bandai Namco and Kadokawa(fromsoft owner) are both up 10% today.

Sony Corporation stays winning

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I could probably make Russia back off but I don't want to commit to anything right before Elden Ring is out.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m too stupid to understand international politics so I’ll just play Elden Ring and hope I don’t die

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

elden

ring!!!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ulio posted:

quick how's bitcoin doing

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Preloading on PlayStation now. 14GB seems a lot smaller than I expected though?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

really because i'm preloading on playstation and mine's 80gb but i'm different tho

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

was 47gb on steam

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s 49 on the Exbox compression on the PlayStation version seems insane

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

*now in a bowler hat with a false mustache* oi my download was 34gb guv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm naming my guy Sir Goodmen in honor of the gurm, getting a lance, getting a horse, and looking for a soul spear or god willing, an un-nerfed hex spell

What's everyone else's game plan

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
been watching a lot of youtubes and i may try a dex/spell style instead of pumping vigor/end/str. looks like they dumped a bunch of effort into their spells and whatnot

probably faith so i get extra healz

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Fifteen of Many posted:

The only two people I know who are getting this are a) planning to return it after a few hours this weekend, and b) only plan to play it this weekend and then stop, because I apparently only know people incapable of paying attention to anything for longer than a few hours.

Maybe know better people?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
sure, ditch your friends over a video game great advice

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm naming my guy Sir Goodmen in honor of the gurm, getting a lance, getting a horse, and looking for a soul spear or god willing, an un-nerfed hex spell

Start as Wretch and try to scramble around as a scavenge goblin until it turns out that was way too difficult and I restart as Confessor.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

Get nude and gently caress

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

whats the best class to roll around and slice baddies with my dang sword

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The nude wretch was assumed

Willfrey posted:

sure, ditch your friends over a video game great advice

Yes, indeed

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

JBP posted:

Get nude and gently caress
oh you want the "having a life" thread this is the elden ring thread sir

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Real answer is I'll be scrounging around looking for signs of loot that will let me cast a spell and probably looting corpses for ragged pants.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

again, you are posting in the wrong thread

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope the coolest armor in the game once again has the deep lore backstory of "the last guy who wore this poo poo his pants"

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
If you liked it then you shoulda put an Elden Ring on it!!!!!!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope the coolest armor in the game once again has the deep lore backstory of "the last guy who wore this poo poo his pants"

This will never stop being funny

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

hatty posted:

I’m too stupid to understand international politics so I’ll just play Elden Ring and hope I don’t die

This has worked for each one of my 29 stupid years on this planet

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Oooooooooooooooooh Sheldon Ring….. can you even bazinga?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

poo poo you think they got the xanthous crown in this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fifteen of Many posted:

Oooooooooooooooooh Sheldon Ring….. can you even bazinga?

Reporting this post you sick filth

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Thread seems to be a little unhinged by the hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Thread seems to be a little unhinged by the hype.

Elden ring