Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Qwijib0 posted:

straight out of the rebus era

👁️💩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You Potato Salad?

Oh yeah, I guess.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Someone made a Wordle port for Windows 3.1 :toot:

https://twitter.com/KazyEXE/status/1495577905656700935

https://luigithirty.itch.io/winquest

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LuigiThirty is a goon I’m 99% sure

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

LuigiThirty is a goon I’m 99% sure

yah

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The 8bit guy gag in the recent LGR Computer Reset video was pretty funny. I’ll take back one or two things I said about the guy.

Warbird has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Feb 22, 2022

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Agreed, good that he has a bit more self-awareness than it sometimes seemed

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Yeah If it was just him showing up it would be one thing, but going through the trouble of bringing a dremel and a paperclip is some initiative I can appreciate.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Do you guys also change your mind about the filth when you see a copaganda video on Facebook?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
On a tangent ~kinda/sorta~ related to tech relics/YouTubers, it turns out AvE is freedom convoy supporting chud.

Quelle surprise. :lmao:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

monolithburger posted:

On a tangent ~kinda/sorta~ related to tech relics/YouTubers, it turns out AvE is freedom convoy supporting chud.

Quelle surprise. :lmao:

The white racist is a chud?!? :monocle:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Don't forget sexist!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

monolithburger posted:

Don't forget sexist!

I'll be honest here; I've only ever watched like a minute of exactly one of his videos - until he started racisming.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I saw that there was a project to bring up third party AIM servers, then saw InfoWars news feed on the project page and I noped out of there super fast. :v:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah ave is definitely a chud, he sucks

Warbird
May 23, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Do you guys also change your mind about the filth when you see a copaganda video on Facebook?

Oh no, he’s still a dingus with questionable views but a dingus that is self aware enough to know he is a dingus is a slight improvement vs one that isn’t. I said “one or two” not “fully vindicated”.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I thought 8BitGuy was kind of a dork, then I saw the open carry at Home Depot video and thought less of him. Then I saw a video where he articulated that he doesn’t give a poo poo about other people he doesn’t know dying to gun violence, and thought even less of him.

I like guns just fine but I loving hate gun nuts. You’re not the hero of an action movie and guns aren’t a replacement for a personality you douchebag.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

I thought 8BitGuy was kind of a dork, then I saw the open carry at Home Depot video and thought less of him. Then I saw a video where he articulated that he doesn’t give a poo poo about other people he doesn’t know dying to gun violence, and thought even less of him.

I like guns just fine but I loving hate gun nuts. You’re not the hero of an action movie and guns aren’t a replacement for a personality you douchebag.

If you haven't seen LGR's new Computer Reset video, there's a joke in there where the 8bitguy does a joke very much at his expense, which is far more self-aware than I ever expected he would be.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
which one of you was it that called him "the ate-poo poo guy" after he posted a video of himself wiping out in the driveway? i still randomly think of that and giggle

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Arivia posted:

If you haven't seen LGR's new Computer Reset video, there's a joke in there where the 8bitguy does a joke very much at his expense, which is far more self-aware than I ever expected he would be.
I’ve been slowly chipping away at the video. Nothing wrong with it but it’s not holding my attention for more than 5 minutes at a time. I want to see if 8BG is actually being self aware or just trying to roll with the punches.

I did go and immediately kickstart that device Clint made a video about this morning. I’ve been wanting something like that forever.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

FreeDOS 1.3 was released a couple days ago

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Dip Viscous posted:

which one of you was it that called him "the ate-poo poo guy" after he posted a video of himself wiping out in the driveway? i still randomly think of that and giggle
That moniker is why I still have the IMGur page for that clip as my mobile browser start page

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

The funniest thing about 8-bit Guy are the Techmoan feud videos.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Dip Viscous posted:

I will clear a space on a brain shelf and place this there, where it will remain and being me joy for many, many years.

That LGR vid was kinda lame otherwise. Good on those people and amazing how much time and effort they’ve sunk, but there was really nothing but trash left.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sweevo posted:

The funniest thing about 8-bit Guy are the Techmoan feud videos.

Elaborate and link me up fam

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Warbird posted:

Elaborate and link me up fam

There are a bunch of YouTube poop techmoan ate poo poo guy Mashups on this channel.

https://youtu.be/cIXOH1tJJu4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Man, that setup looks cozy AF:

https://twitter.com/lazygamereviews/status/1496644571572416512

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

I’ve been slowly chipping away at the video. Nothing wrong with it but it’s not holding my attention for more than 5 minutes at a time. I want to see if 8BG is actually being self aware or just trying to roll with the punches.

I did go and immediately kickstart that device Clint made a video about this morning. I’ve been wanting something like that forever.

I’m glad he enjoyed himself but the video wasn’t super interesting to me because it was clear the warehouse had been emptied of everything besides pallets of productivity software and broken CRTs

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

for reasons I can't understand, I took my dad's old smoke-stained G4 Mac Mini without a working optical drive from 2005, dropped a 64GB SSD and 1GB of RAM in it and installed Leopard. WHAT NOW I ask you.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sometimes dead is bettah

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
There is only one answer: Photoshop 7.0

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Install OS 9 and play some Ambrosia Software games.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I use one to this day in my pickup. I also keep the glovebox full of tapes.

The truck originally had only an AM/FM radio but I found a cassette version for $5 at a thrift store.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Tiny Timbs posted:

I’m glad he enjoyed himself but the video wasn’t super interesting to me because it was clear the warehouse had been emptied of everything besides pallets of productivity software and broken CRTs
I liked watching it and thinking about the dozens of new YouTube channels springing up to show off the literal tons of equipment some people picked up from there over the past couple of years

I also could not help but think he was missing a real opportunity not to volunteer to dig into one of those mentioned still unsorted piles. Or maybe he did and it was boring and he just moved on

Regardless that video ALSO did a great job helping remind me that I want to sell off almost all of my retro computer stuff lest I too end up with an overflowing warehouse someday

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Install OS 9 and play some Ambrosia Software games.

at first I was like "those can't boot OS 9!" and then I looked it up to find that there are now modified ISOs that let you boot OS 9 on all kinds of unsupported macs, including the Mac Mini.

Now I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I used a cassette adapter until 2016 or so when the tape deck in my car broke and I had a new stereo head out in. Then I got a new car in ‘19 and Toyota was on the verge of putting Android Auto in cars, but never went back and did my model year. Which made me switch to iPhone last year to get back the level of functionality I had with my aftermarket stereo head in a 2003 car.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Drastic Actions posted:

at first I was like "those can't boot OS 9!" and then I looked it up to find that there are now modified ISOs that let you boot OS 9 on all kinds of unsupported macs, including the Mac Mini.

Now I know what I'm doing this weekend.
Those don’t always work with full hardware support. Troubleshooting driver issues on a platform that just isn’t meant to have driver issues is fun.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I can already hear the music in my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IOL4q5tDDQ

I later talked my dad into buying a soundblaster card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
The paperclip wasn't the only gag in that Computer Reset video. At the part where he's showing the box of random cards and saying that chances are they won't be worth anything to anyone, take a close look at what he's holding.

Apple-1