Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
That suit is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bismack Billabongo posted:

That suit is incredible.

Goddamn it is

Through the Wire may be my favourite Kanye song, the Chaka Khan sample is just so fuckin great

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

obi_ant posted:

We gonna garbage this thread up more with Kanye? I'm for it.

The College Dropout - Spaceship
Late Registration - Heard 'Em Say
Graduation - Champion
808s & Heartbreak - N/A
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - All of the Lights
Yeezus - Bound 2
The Life of Pablo - Wolves
Ye - Violent Crimes
Jesus Is King - Use This Gospel
Donda - N/A

Yeah I gently caress with some pointless lists

College dropouts fave for me is last call. The song is good, Jay getting annoyed at kanye is good, and the whole story at the end is fun and charmingly stupid. I don’t ever revisit this album in full because of the skits and frankly the only songs on it that I really love are last call and slow jamz.

Late registration used to be my favorite of his albums, it’s too drat long and again the skits are waaayyyy too much. Even though these ones are actually funny. Anyway we major is the best thing he’s ever done by a lot, it has that perfect nas verse. Jon brion on the keys right now. This song is just so good to sing along to. It makes me happy. I gently caress heavily with this album. Even the stupid songs like heard em say. I could probably say something nice about every single song on this album.

Graduation is not the brick people act like it is. Flashing lights is definitely the best song on there but I Wonder is super good too. I know people hate drunk and hot girls but I like it. Big brother is good too IMO.

808s is influential but I don’t really like listening to it. Welcome to Heartbreak and Paranoid are both good I guess.

I think of the Good Fridays drops (not including the ones on the album) power remix and lord lord lord are the best. I know the sample flip on the power remix is the most obvious thing possible but it’s so well executed IMO. Raekwon’s verses on all the songs around this time period are so loving good. Wish they would have done more together.

My beautiful dtf doesn’t have a bad song on it. I don’t know what there is left to say about this album at this point, but. Devil in a new dress is my favorite beat on any kanye album, and both of his verses are great. I think I’ve blathered about this ITT already but Ross’s verse on this song is the best of his career by a mile, the beat switch is loving sublime. When the vocals come back in. gently caress.

Watch the throne is so much better than people give it credit for in this day and age. Leaving 4:44 aside Jay has been on a crazy downhill slope since this album. Guess if I had to pick a fave from this album it would probably be thats my bitch or primetime

Yeezus is actually prob my favorite kanye album these days. On sight is my favorite

Pablo is the last kanye album I listened to. I honestly don’t remember a drop of it. I was drunk. Sorry

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I have always been a bit ambivalent about Kanye and especially the experience of listening to his records from start to finish. That said, his highs are very high so I’ll always have a soft spot for him.

That said whenever I think about my favourite Kanye song I think of Hold My Liquor and the way Keef takes a heavy, eternal sigh before he launches into his hook.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Said it before

I'll say it again

He lost me forever with the "Imma fix wolves" tweet. That could be an incorrect take, but he's been tripping over his dick ever since in my opinion.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

i am a moron posted:

When was the last time Kanye did something that wasn't awful? Like ten years ago? More?
that mic toss into the puddle pool was bueno

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MBDTF is still my favourite Kanye album, idgaf

always thought Yeezus wasn't anything that other experimental hip hop folks like dälek and Death Grips hadn't done better before, never really saw the hype. Was good that it gained so much mainstream praise, and it has some good tracks on it, but idk, I didn't think it was all that special.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Yeezus is the musical equivalent of chewing on glass

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

all my favorite favorite kanye songs are on late registration but it would be like my 4th favoritge kanye album

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Christian Dior Denim Flow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ingmar terdman posted:

An excellent selection. Pity the Good Friday songs are so hard to track down these days, I often find myself thinking about how heavy my chain is (too heavy)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ingmar terdman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLpbc1N9BB8

Still so good

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Get Em High
Don’t Look Down
Addiction
Hell of a Life
I’m In It

and that’s just trying to pick ones not mentioned.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKjY6-lhY2A

shout out to noz for turning me on to this song a week or two back.

kids are wild these days

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
More new Denzel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-com9M91-4

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lol

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Yeezus is where I draw the line with Kanye cause it was the last time he was edgy in a good way, but honestly, I enjoy TLOP cause it's just a good-sounding album, albeit messy from all the incomplete or unnecessarily altered final versions of tracks on the album.

Namely: New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, and Black Skinhead

Every album from there has maybe a track or two that has flashes but he's sometimes ironically prescient while not actually learning from it at all and continuing his manic depressive rabbit hole chase to the bottom, mentally.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This album is gonna bang

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The thing is Ye isn't really wrong about anything except him still holding onto his delusions about Kim. The media has weaponized his mental illness against him to discredit what he's saying, but if it wasn't Kanye saying that he doesn't want his Kids exploited on TikTok for family clout people would agree. Dude loves his kids and wants them to have some sort of normal life, and parasites like Kim are using them to grab headlines, and keep the Kardashian brand going.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Skete

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

The thing is Ye isn't really wrong about anything except him still holding onto his delusions about Kim. The media has weaponized his mental illness against him to discredit what he's saying, but if it wasn't Kanye saying that he doesn't want his Kids exploited on TikTok for family clout people would agree. Dude loves his kids and wants them to have some sort of normal life, and parasites like Kim are using them to grab headlines, and keep the Kardashian brand going.

Just lmao if you think Ye's narcissism would actually let that happen

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

The thing is Ye isn't really wrong about anything except him still holding onto his delusions about Kim.

:thunk:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gently caress yessssssssss

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i am a moron posted:

Yeezus is the musical equivalent of chewing on glass

username checks out

slaaaaaaaps. Denzel can do no wrong atm

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/derek8185338005/status/1496950864434524177

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4vodFayfzQ

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

what is he saying exactly

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Farm Frenzy posted:

what is he saying exactly

gently caress Skete

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
donda 2: more life v1.b [nightly] day0 out now

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 25, 2022

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDaKTt3X7-w

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"

asap-salafi posted:

I'm surprised this thread gains so much traction whenever he does something. The guy makes trash music and seems to be nothing more than a clout rapper at this point.

Kanye is one of the best artists of the 21st century and probably the best hip-hop artist. He still regularly makes amazing tracks. Donda has a lot of really great stuff on it, and most of the filler tracks are better than a lot of the best tracks of lesser artists you guys post here on a regular basis that sounds like a teenager + $5 fiverr beat. It's cringe to ignore the greatness. Ya he's crazy and he has bad takes all the time. But he's unironically a good dude (that's mentally ill) that makes good music.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Donda 2 has released

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Boywhiz88 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKjY6-lhY2A

shout out to noz for turning me on to this song a week or two back.

kids are wild these days

Yeah this is so so good I can’t get over it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Alizee posted:

Kanye is one of the best artists of the 21st century and probably the best hip-hop artist. He still regularly makes amazing tracks. Donda has a lot of really great stuff on it, and most of the filler tracks are better than a lot of the best tracks of lesser artists you guys post here on a regular basis that sounds like a teenager + $5 fiverr beat. It's cringe to ignore the greatness. Ya he's crazy and he has bad takes all the time. But he's unironically a good dude (that's mentally ill) that makes good music.

The rest of this stuff is down to opinion on art but this bit right here is just straight up not true. Kanye just spent Super Bowl weekend threatening his ex and her new bf through Twitter, spent an entire year “running for president” all to benefit the worst, dumbest people, and made a track for Donda with a serial rapist and seemed to celebrate that fact because it was transgressive, routinely getting up on stage with said rapist and talking some incredible bullshit.

Kanye West is a huge loving rear end in a top hat, regardless of his mental illness. You can defend his new music all you want but Jesus loving Christ don’t defend or excuse his behavior

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Don’t know if I can dismiss the MAGA hat moment and his general vindictiveness as “bad takes”.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kanye is not a good dude lmao.

Plenty of bad dudes make great music but yeah Kanye is not a good dude

Dexo fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 25, 2022

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1496359720013242377?s=21

Whatever shred of hope I might have had that Kanye might try to be better and/or get help has been completely destroyed by his repeated attempts to flaunt Marilyn Manson like he’s some sort of scoundrel and not a man who had a soundproof room called “The Bad Girls Room” where he’d lock girlfriends if they pissed him off. gently caress that piece of poo poo and gently caress Kanye for acting like he’s not a gross piece of poo poo loving rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like you don't even have to go to his associates. Dude is out here speed running the divorcee rear end in a top hat playbook, threatening his ex-wife's boyfriends with violence and otherwise harassing his ex wife.

And I utterly hate the Kardashians but Kanye is doing some real gently caress poo poo.