Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vernii posted:

Yea in a decade we're all gonna miss the hell out of the American empire

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

It is a slow bleed right now. Crude and Brent made huge jumps. Very good chance we get over $100 a barrel tomorrow. Bitcoin dropped a ton.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

well at least we weren't stupid enough to send a manned aircraft up

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, the solution was following Minsk 2 and giving autonomy to the regions instead of trying to grind them down because you know giving Russia any kind of 'win' will make your nationalist base mad.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

no sa poster i will not miss the american empire thanks

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lol alright biden's statement puts any worries I had to rest, he's not going to do anything at all

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Well, this sucks monkey balls.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
World War III is trending

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

mcclay posted:

if this doesn't end the world then we're gonna be a in a new great power era babyyyy!!!!!!!

hate it here

hate it here

lol @ Russia ever being a great power in our lifetimes

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

lol alright biden's statement puts any worries I had to rest, he's not going to do anything at all

what he say, jack

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
WATCH JOE BIDEN SLEEP THROUGH A WAR!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

oil futures UP

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I wish this wasn't happening

my heart goes out to all the innocents

the world is a gently caress

gently caress this gay earth

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mr Hootington posted:

Bitcoin dropped a ton.

:thunkher:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Koirhor posted:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

what he say, jack

Russia will be held accountable, I'm watching the situation and will meet with the g7 tomorrow to discuss what's happening

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Glimm posted:

it has been the entire time you've been alive idiot

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

freeasinbeer posted:

there was no diplomatic solution offered to Ukraine regarding Minsk 2.

y’all are trying to excuse naked Russian aggression so hard and are making that up. Yelensky knew the UA position was militarily hopeless and went out of their way to not provoke for example not calling up reserves til the last minute.

Russia’s opening position in the diplomatic discussions was I’ll only talk to my peer the US and NATO has to roll back to west Germany. the rest of it was all nonsensical nonstarters and he wasn’t willing to actually negotiate.

It isn't "Russian aggression" when Russia is responding to it's own geopolitical interests, just as the US and plenty of European countries do regularly.

Were you calling it "US aggression" when the US invaded and abetted many, many more invasions elsewhere, particularly not even on their borders?

Do you call it "US aggression" when US troops mass on the border of Mexico?, or qualify it like "it's just for peacekeeping/border security?" :thunk:

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Koirhor posted:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

dang rip to the kids getting eaten by the wolf

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

its been trending for weeks. time to close the bunker doors.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/Luckyman_1108/status/1496686579250876418

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It looks from the vids I'm seeing like a fairly small strike aimed at the airports compared to what could have been, I hope it was mainly a dick waving thing that didn't hurt many. It doesn't sound like there's any aircraft or heavy machinery coming with it.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

So are they Ukrainian MLRS firing or Russian ones landing?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

pissinthewind posted:

but ive been told all other militaries in the world are esentially made entirely of rust and well wishes what is going on here

lol the Ukrainians lost a brigade in 5 minutes in 2014 under MRLS attack and nobody learned anything, and thought they could stall on Minsk II because the Russians couldn’t decide it on the field.

Whoops.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

HiroProtagonist posted:

It isn't "Russian aggression" when Russia is responding to it's own geopolitical interests, just as the US and plenty of European countries do regularly.

Were you calling it "US aggression" when the US invaded and abetted many, many more invasions elsewhere, particularly not even on their borders?

Do you call it "US aggression" when US troops mass on the border of Mexico?, or qualify it like "it's just for peacekeeping/border security?" :thunk:

I was calling it US aggression

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Glimm posted:

Climate change will give it the demographic boost it needs when people flock there. It will be an Arctic imperium

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Lastgirl posted:

I survived the last Third World War. I'll survive this one.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Russia will be held accountable, I'm watching the situation and will meet with the g7 tomorrow to discuss what's happening

ah so more sanctions on a few chosen oligarchs while Russian petro continues to flow to the west unabated, got it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mayman10 posted:

Russians firing into ukraine

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ukraine hosed around and found out

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/LiveConflict/status/1496685950876979207

https://twitter.com/LiveConflict/status/1496689302474047490

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/DivyaSoti/status/1496685996590579714

Average indian middle class uncle.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

rt is playing putin's speech with translation right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0I5eglJMRI

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

what he say, jack

quote:

The prayers of the entire world are with the people of Ukraine tonight as they suffer an unprovoked and unjustified attack by Russian military forces. President Putin has chosen a premeditated war that will bring a catastrophic loss of life and human suffering. Russia alone is responsible for the death and destruction this attack will bring, and the United States and its Allies and partners will respond in a united and decisive way. The world will hold Russia accountable.

I will be monitoring the situation from the White House this evening and will continue to get regular updates from my national security team. Tomorrow, I will meet with my G7 counterparts in the morning and then speak to the American people to announce the further consequences the United States and our Allies and partners will impose on Russia for this needless act of aggression against Ukraine and global peace and security. We will also coordinate with our NATO Allies to ensure a strong, united response that deters any aggression against the Alliance. Tonight, Jill and I are praying for the brave and proud people of Ukraine.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/1496688929109598213

by the time Biden wakes up tomorow, all of Left Bank Ukraine will be in russian hands

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

how long before the Ukrainian military surrenders or is destroyed?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
we should all go apologize to the D&D ukraine thread together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mayman10 posted:

Russia firing in