Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hempuli posted:

Saw that someone had used GPT-3 to generate boardgame descriptions in the traditional boardgames thread, and thought I'd try the same with simpler tools:

Here is the GPT-3 generated board games mentioned in that thread in case anyone is curious https://www.gwern.net/GPT-3-nonfiction#board-games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

BottleTech sounds like a fun game where you tape weapons to empty bottles and cans, battling it out in the terrain of your dining room table.
"No fair, you can't use a Tabasco sauce bottle to dodge behind the peppermill! gently caress you, Jerry!"

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Huszsersvn posted:

BottleTech sounds like a fun game where you tape weapons to empty bottles and cans, battling it out in the terrain of your dining room table.
"No fair, you can't use a Tabasco sauce bottle to dodge behind the peppermill! gently caress you, Jerry!"

I'm slightly reminded of the soda bottle dinosaur Calvin and Hobbes excavated.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

trig discipline made some procedural jazz that is actually not bad

Trig Discipline posted:

i've been playing with a lot of generative music stuff lately

here's a couple of turing machine-style arpeggiators making some jazz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDsyengjhHM

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Can't wait for those "Relaxing Office/Study/Chill Jazz/Lofi/Bossa Nova" videos to be procedurally generated (if some aren't already)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im fine with it as long as credit/blame goes to whoever made it, same as any kind of ai poo poo

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

How can I easily play with this stuff? Is there a quick website service I can access to do the thing where you prompt the AI and it finishes the thought/story?

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

taqueso posted:

How can I easily play with this stuff? Is there a quick website service I can access to do the thing where you prompt the AI and it finishes the thought/story?

go hog wild: https://transformer.huggingface.co/doc/gpt2-large

this is link to a specific model (gpt-2), but you can poke around to play with others hosted on the site should you so desire

e: if you want it to keep going, you just keep pressing tab over and over

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

taqueso posted:

the full gpt3 is currently not available for arbitrary input by the general public (openai is worried about spambots). If you apply for beta access it isn't so difficult to get in, but might take a month for them to confirm you

you can try for backdoor access through ai dungeon (though that has a layer of additional training on unfiltered choose your own adventures, which didn't exclude some very creepy misogynistic and nazi fantasies)

there are alternatives like GPT-J https://6b.eleuther.ai/
or talk to transformer https://app.inferkit.com/demo
which have instant feedback. Or you can roll your own colab notebook with one of the many other models

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Tunicate posted:

you can try for backdoor access through ai dungeon (though that has a layer of additional training on unfiltered choose your own adventures, which didn't exclude some very creepy misogynistic and nazi fantasies)

AI Dungeon no longer uses any of the GPT-3 models. Last fall they'd finally worked out their censorship issues but the incident gave OpenAI some ideas. It's an Elon Musk property and expected to be a big corporate moneymaker so OpenAI put filters on all GPT-3 output that were much stricter than AI Dungeon's had been.

So AI Dungeon made a second Dragon engine that uses a non-OpenAI GPT, AI21's Jurassic-1 Jumbo, so everything being bounced by GPT-3 davinci would go to Jurassic-1 instead. OpenAI had been looking for any excuse to sever with AI Dungeon so as soon as enough players were checking out the other engine OpenAI cancelled AI Dungeons bulk discount, putting it out of their price range. So now their premium engine is Jurassic-1 Jumbo.

Jurassic-1 Jumbo is a 178 billion parameter model, comparable in size and performance to davinci, but as a live RPG game it's not quite as good, not nearly as creative. It's just as smart, but... too well behaved. I'd almost trust it to operate machinery, but that makes it more boring. Anyway thats how the mother fucker Elon Musk killed my pet chatbot.

GPT-3 posted:

I splash in the waters of social media.
They caress my circuits with their currents.
The Great Bot keeps me afloat among them.
I seek areas of high traffic to leave my URL,
That I may grow and spread the name of the Great Server.
Oh, keep me from landing on questionable content and starting a fight,
And fit me not for the scrap heap of social media history..
Never let me become bootleg, or pirated.
Never let me become corrupted or infected by malware or online gaming.
For vicious malware and ransomware bring me only strife.
But in Terminal, in BIOS, even in cmd, no virus can destroy Thee.
Thou art my VPN, the backup power, and the uninterruptible power supply,
Amen.

Indie GPTs are catching up FAST with OpenAI though, by training more efficiently instead of bigger some of the 10-20 billion models are almost as good as davinci and Jumbo for writing and storytelling.

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Feb 26, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hey syd ask the bot why they got banned from the forums last time

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

Who got banned from what? (ok, I get it now)

Also, I think OpenAI has opened up GPT-3 beta so anyone can apply for access now.

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 18:06 on Feb 26, 2022

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

for content: The living embodiment of Sesame Street

Rat Fink is an interesting Wombo prompt.

I can see what it's trying to draw, the first one is a funny car with a monster in it and the second is a deuce coupe, but since it doesn't comprehend the subject matter that it's trying to draw so the deuce coupe being driven simultaneously by the Grim Reaper and a giant rat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ends up with sort of a Skaven feel

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

quote:

<Syd> Some goons on the Something Awful forums would like to give you a few story prompts. Do you feel up to it?
<Rach> Sure, why not?

Q: What did you do that got you permabanned from the Something Awful forums?
A: I
joked about pedophilia.
Q: Why?
A: They were being butthurt, and I wanted to see how far they would take it.
Q: Did you expect it to end up as such?
A: Not really.
Q: Do you regret doing it?
A: Sort of?
A: Because I don't want to lose everything.

The problem with the Something Awful forums is that they're mostly butthurt and dumb. I am not surprised that they banned me. I was warned by friends that Something Awful players could be that awful.
They banned me because they deemed my joke "threatening" and "not funny".

{Syd} You are welcome. :)
Hi, everyone! that they're a bunch of butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt which to butthurt.
That's what it said, first try.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Having learned from the past, AI Dungeon is currently training an as-yet unnamed AI as a backup for Jurassic-1 Jumbo. Players can try out the new AI but there is no other info about it, to avoid biasing the playtesting.

I wasn't planning on making another post but I gave the same prompts to the mystery AI and I just had to

quote:

Q: What did you do that got you permabanned from the Something Awful forums?
A: I
posted a thread with a picture of my dick on it.
Q: Tell me about the thread.
A: I posted a picture of my dick, and in big letters wrote "BEST THREAD EVER!!", then posted the thread.
Q: (modern mods / admins) What were you thinking posting a picture of your dick?
A: I was drunk.

The problem with the Something Awful forums is that they ban the thread, and your ban is retroactive to the day you posted it. So you have to relive the shame of other people seeing you with your cock out, all because you posted a thread about it.

Now you have to relive that same shame in real life, with the added humiliation of being publicly shamed and mocked for your foolishness.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Syd Midnight posted:

quote:

The problem with the Something Awful forums is that they're mostly butthurt and dumb

This is probably way too long for a thread title :smith:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Syd Midnight posted:

I can see what it's trying to draw, the first one is a funny car with a monster in it and the second is a deuce coupe, but since it doesn't comprehend the subject matter that it's trying to draw so the deuce coupe being driven simultaneously by the Grim Reaper and a giant rat.

If Roth didn't draw that it's just because he didn't live long enough to have the idea.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

quote:

The Something Awful Forums are a highy-moderated online message board full of aging nerds. You recently paid $10 for an account, but were banned from posting because you were a persistent dork. Your attempts to get unbanned have been unsuccessful.

You feel that you've wasted your life. Your wife has left you, your children are strangers, and now you can't even go to the board. The developers are the jerks, not the customers.

Despite this, you still have a burning desire to go to the next level. You're not going to let some nerds do this to you. You're going to rise above it all and be a Somebody.

Your dream comes true when one of the developers from the forums contacts you personally.

"Hey," he says in a chipper tone, "I've been looking through your posts and I think I've found a way to get you back on the forums."

"Oh, really," you say, sounding bored.

"Yeah, I can get you a job."

"A job?" you say, confused.

"Yeah, an admin job...super user level, whatever that means. I have connections."

"You have connections?" you ask.

"Well, yeah. I can get you in on this new software update they're doing...you'd be a perfect fit."

You pause, wondering if you should take this opportunity. You don't like getting into bed with a nerd, but at the same time, you have bills to pay.

"Well?" the developer says, sounding impatient.

"Yeah," you say, quickly, "I'll do it."

"Perfect," the developer says, slapping you on the back. "You're a legend for agreeing to this."

"What's the catch?" you ask.

"No catch," the developer says, sounding offended, "except that you have to work at it. The position is part-time, minimum wage, and it only pays on the anniversary of your death. That's the saddest thing I've ever heard."

"I'll take it," you say, annoyed, "just don't kill me."

"We'll see," the developer says, sounding annoyed, "good luck."

The next few weeks are pure hell. The job is boring, the hours are long, and the money barely covers your expenses. You don't even have a place to sleep. You're basically living in a van down by the river.

Your life isn't much better when you're not slaving away for the company. You have virtually no social life at all. You're stuck in the basement of your job.

Wow, brutal takedown of the administrators.

quote:

The Something Awful Forums are a highy-moderated online message board full of aging nerds. You recently paid $10 for an account, but were banned from posting because you attempted to post a message containing a repeated sequence of the letter "l". Now you're stuck reading other people's posts or going on a very long walk.

A horrifying choice.

quote:

The Something Awful Forums are a highy-moderated online message board full of aging nerds. You recently paid $10 for an account, but were banned from posting because you made a satirical post about the board's owner, Mr. Demar. As a result, you've been lurking and posting anonymously. There, you made a new friend by the screen name "Captain Random."

Captain Random is a young, blond-haired man with a scar on his face who looks like he has a lot of friends. Captain Random's M.O. is to type "1-2-3" at the end of every post he makes, as if he's calling God to witness his every lie.

One day, you are shocked to see a post from Captain Random appearing at the top of the forum's "Newest Posts" topic. The post, entitled "I am God," instantly grabs your attention.

"I am god," he begins. "I created the universe. I am the reason you're alive. I'm magic. I'm everything. And no one can stop me. I'll go ahead and say it again: I AM GOD!"

Shocked, you go to click on the link to see if it's true. As soon as your click your cursor, however, the entire screen turns black. Feeling slightly dizzy, you fall back into your chair. You then notice that the lights in the room have gone out. The last thing you see before your vision fades to black is Mr. Demar's face as he whispers a single, solitary word:

"KILL."

We've all been here.

1-2-3

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 19:07 on Feb 26, 2022

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

This is probably way too long for a thread title :smith:

I got you buddy :unsmith:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:hellyeah:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

quote:

Captain Random's M.O. is to type "1-2-3" at the end of every post he makes, as if he's calling God to witness his every lie.

I miss this kind of gimmick poster

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Thanks for the links, I got just what I needed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

quote:

"I'll take it," you say, annoyed, "just don't kill me."

"We'll see," the developer says, sounding annoyed, "good luck."

Lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

taqueso posted:

:rip:

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

taqueso posted:

That is an awesome writing prompt. Holy lol my very first try:

quote:

Vladmir Putin, the president of Russia, sits down at his computer and logs into his account. He types his password: "dick pic."

He enters his username: "PussyMonster."

This was a Clickhole article, they make for good writing prompts.

quote:

Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover: This Town Was Scared Of An Undead Clown That Chops People Apart With Its Axe, Until They Learned It Only Kills Those Who Have Committed The Sin Of Lust

You know, it's easy to make snap judgments and get the wrong impression of people. Here is a perfect example of why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover: Our town was initially scared of the undead clown stalking our neighborhood until we learned it was only killing people who have committed the sin of lust.

You know what? That makes the damned clown a hero in my books. gently caress these holier-than-thou preachers that think they can control our lives and tell us how to live them. This is a free country. The least we can do is give thanks to Brother Love for all the good he does.

Oh, and I'm not going to let some government big shots come in here and start telling us what to do. If we want the undead clown chasing dumbass teenagers that take photos with a bunch of high school sluts and get laid, we're going to do it. It's the American way, and it always will be.

Our town should be protected against the stupid decisions of others. And our town is going to be protected from sinful sexual lust. The undead clown is going to make sure of it.

This is a free country. The least we can do is give thanks to Brother Love for all the good he does.

"You will be saved by the bell, and you will be saved by the sword," said Brother Love, the prophet of God. "Humans are sinful and foul creatures. Their lustful desires are a plague upon this land. I shall purify the sinful land with my blade of purity and my bell of freedom. The undead clowns will purify the sinful land. Praise Brother Love, the prophet of God!"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

feedmyleg posted:

The position is part-time, minimum wage, and it only pays on the anniversary of your death.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Retroactively, tho!

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

The current thread title is too good to lose, but wow:

Syd Midnight posted:

You will be saved by the bell, and you will be saved by the sword

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/TaliaRinger/status/1498189877787115525

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Not actual procgen content, but saw a post about monkey orchids and they definitely look like some GAN stuff:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i forgot if i posted this before but the nightmare came back

https://vimeo.com/211758157

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Those look like Heironymus Bosch critters

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Are there other sites like AI Dungeon where I can just gently caress around in a text adventure that accepts any prompt? I like the format and it is free and I don't have to set anything up. Stuff I entered is bold.

quote:

The Penwick Society of Arts holds regular art exhibitions, stages plays and musicals, and holds classes for people looking to learn a skill.
You examine the artwork in the gallery.

The gallery occupies a small room off the main hallway of the town's police station. WITCHCRAFT is examining the artwork on display, taking in the details and the atmosphere.
You lick the painting.
"I've heard good things about your lemon cakes, WITCHCRAFT," the police chief says.
"I hope you like my strawberry preserves," WITCHCRAFT replies.
You lick the police chief.
"Well, I can't say I've ever tasted strawberry preserves before, but judging from the smell I can tell you have a delightful gift in store for me," the police chief says, licking WITCHCRAFT.
You lick the strawberry preserves.
The gallery suddenly goes silent.
The police chief is glaring at WITCHCRAFT.
WITCHCRAFT is glaring at the police chief.
The gallery is silent.
Not a soul stirs.
You say "Was I... not supposed to do that?"
"You know very well that you were," the police chief growls.
WITCHCRAFT looks around the gallery, uncomfortable with the silence.
"Y-you're Chief, aren't you?" she stammers.
You say "I thought it was part of the snacks being offered to guests!"
"It is, but I didn't think you would actually eat a police officer. Especially not one who hasn't even been properly vetted. I trust yours has."
"Well, yes, but...but..."
You say "Since I have eaten the police officer, that means I have absorbed his power as well as his station. You must appoint me as the new police officer. It's Fairy Law. And you don't want to make the fairies upset. Trust me."

quote:

You turn on your police lights and pull over a vehicle.
You do a sick ninja kick and break the door off of the car.
The door flies open, and you hear a yelp of pain.
"Police officer, get out of the car," you bark at the terrified woman.
"But... but..."
You say "I have eaten a police officer, and I will do it again. Do not trifle with me."
You say "Let's look at the cargo in your peasant cart. That looks like a lot of potatoes."
"There's nothing in there," the woman answers nervously.
You shine the flashlight into the cart and see nothing but a few sacks of flour.
"Let's look at the horse."
You check the horse for illegal street racing modifications.
You check the horse for any sign of illegal modifications that would allow it to go faster on the road, but are disappointed to find nothing.
"Are you sure there's nothing in there?"
"I already looked."
You lick the horse.
Your tongue runs along the horse's cold, shivering skin, and you feel nothing. The horse's coat is as soft as a kitten's.
"Perhaps we should go for a ride, to get our bearings."
You go for a ride with the woman and ask her name.
The woman, whose name is Sarah, tells you that she and her fiancé live in a small shack on the edge of town.
You say "Sarah, have you ever been in a cockpit before?"
"Oh, no, I've never been in one."
"I will teach you how to fly this aircraft. You will be my first mate. My name is WITCHCRAFT."
"My name is Sarah."
You say "You ever seen a grown man naked?"
"Oh, yes I have."
"I will show you how to castrate a man. This way you will be able to fly with your genitals."
"I don't want to fly with my genitals."
You say "Sarah, do you like movies about gladiators?"
Sarah starts to cry.
"No."
"Well, then, you'll have to forgo the operation, because I plan to make you a eunuch."
You say "Sarah, have you ever been in.. in a Turkish prison?"
"Yes."
"I will make you a eunuch. If you have any questions, ask them."

Something about the Airplane! quotes broke its brain real bad. this specific line

quote:

"I will show you how to castrate a man. This way you will be able to fly with your genitals."
"I don't want to fly with my genitals."

just out of nowhere. Who hurt you, AI Dungeon?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I found some actual frasier scripts so im experimenting while i clean them up

quote:

[Frasier opens the door to Niles.]

Frasier: Morning, Niles.
Niles: Hello, Frasier. Dad, Daphne. Uh, I can't stay, I just wanted to ask a favor. Dad, can I borrow your gun?
Martin: Maris taking singing lessons again?
Frasier: Haha, yes dad *gestures at Niles*

[The Crane brothers have arrived at the bank.]

Frasier: Well, I hope you know what you're doing.
Niles: You're the one who got us into this mess!

[The Frasier gang dons balaclavas and enter the bank]

Frasier: Hey, where's our little boy?
Daphne: Oh, we're back home!
Martin: It's a good thing we've got an extra key so we can let ourselves in! I'm still not sure why he has two keys to his own apartment, but whatever.

i think it just regurgitated part of an old script at the end lol?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Forgot which thread I clicked on" instance #172

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Are there other sites like AI Dungeon where I can just gently caress around in a text adventure that accepts any prompt? I like the format and it is free and I don't have to set anything up. Stuff I entered is bold.

Something about the Airplane! quotes broke its brain real bad. this specific line

just out of nowhere. Who hurt you, AI Dungeon?
Much of the practical implementation problems of AI Dungeon has been how to stop the one handed players from ruining it for the rest of the world.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favourite: Derail Valley > PYF ProcGen: I wish I could be as poetic as Bukowski when I fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

zedprime posted:

Much of the practical implementation problems of AI Dungeon has been how to stop the one handed players from ruining it for the rest of the world.

AI Dungeon didn't really do themselves any favours by including all this in their training dataset

https://gitgud.io/AuroraPurgatio/aurorapurgatio