Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Snooze Cruise posted:

https://tapas.io/series/ringmybell/info
you can find it on tapas

of course you can find it for free on other sites (which i admittedly did) but i feel weird posting direct links in these cases

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

https://tapas.io/series/ringmybell/info
you can find it on tapas

of course you can find it for free on other sites (which i admittedly did) but i feel weird posting direct links in these cases
Not that it's up to me to make the decision, but I don't think there's anything wrong in linking the official thing where people can pay, and letting them be responsible for finding it for free if they want to.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean... i just did that

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

i mean... i just did that
I was trying and failing to say that it's a good thing that you did it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you are not allowed to confuse me!!! i am the op of this thread!! sob sob

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

sorry, i'll go read more manga instead

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
OLs

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Whoa, this is very powerful.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
three more chaps of GTB

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

:ohdear:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
new chapter of alcohol and oni girls
some mild nsfw on that first page so be careful about opening this up at work or whatever

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

NUMBER ONE LANDLORD GL HAS UPDATED! EVERYONE GET A LOAD OF THIS LANDLORD! MY LANDLORD CAN'T BE THIS CUTE! COME PLAY MY LORD!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Snooze Cruise posted:

new chapter of alcohol and oni girls
some mild nsfw on that first page so be careful about opening this up at work or whatever

And another new chapter!

According to the end page there's 20 chapters of this released, so new chaps will be coming as fast as folks get em translated.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The story of Tara and Beverly seems like it could be cute, though maybe beware of the :nws: gallery?

Here's one of the images taken from the authors Twitter, and an example of how some thoughts are better left unsaid:
https://twitter.com/Nortuet/status/1437041090775896068

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 24, 2022

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The Tara and Bev comics are very cute and funny! Just be aware a lot of it is NSFW stuff.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The NSFW stuff is also cute and funny though.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Elfface posted:

:hmmyes:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Elfface posted:

:hai:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cigarette_kiss

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/heart_on_sleeve

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/refrain_kiss

im on my phone cause my computer broke so I can't be bothered to make these links pretty. three chapters of OLs for ya.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

This reaction remains correct in another new GTB.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I shamelessly stole this from the weird fanart thread:
https://twitter.com/AlteredBits/status/1498279895650160640

Also, I'm now on the Aefa ship.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Took you long enough :colbert:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Took you long enough :colbert:
Last FF game I played was 1 through 3 on my FamiCom. :shrug:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This just finished up with a very "We got cancelled" ending. It was a very pleasant series and I'm sorry to see it go.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A very sudden ending but it had a pretty good run with over 100 chapters. I'm not too disappointed by it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A one-shot called You My Double just got released, and it sure is something.

Jagged Jim posted:

The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This just finished up with a very "We got cancelled" ending. It was a very pleasant series and I'm sorry to see it go.
It's sad that it ended so quickly, but at least now I get to read it too.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Yeah I might actually pick it up this time and find out if they are, indeed, pretty much like that (no spoilers please)

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Really gonna miss this series, it's been one of my favourites since it started. The thing that really bothers me about this ending is how Kita-kun doesn't appear in the ending montage with all the other side characters, especially since the last chapter before the final two featured her. Feels really out of place, y'know?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I wanted more of the trans kid but a nice sappy ending is a decent choice for what seems like a sudden ending.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ooh, Zenbu Kimi no Sei finally updated.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Green Tea Bitch updated again btw

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

What If You Could See Love? wrapped up last month and no-one mentioned it! Jerks! I know what I'm reading next.

Feliday Melody posted:

Mage and demon queen

In a world that runs on videogame logic. Malori has a crush on the demon queen. She raids the demon queen's tower over and over again in hopes of getting a date with the queen. But at the end, she gets killed every single time. Doesn't stop her from trying again though!

The website is made to make capturing images as much as effort as possible but you get the idea. It's funny and kind of adorable.

I've read the first few chapters and now I'm sitting on it until it's finished, I really liked what I read of it though.

And yeah, Webtoons is hot garbage for making offline copies, or really reading at all. I've got 150 lines of image processing code to do it for me and it still fucks up sometimes!

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Also, I'm now on the Aefa ship.

You weren't already? :confused:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its because everyone who liked it ended up disappointed with the ending. thankfully I wasn't into it but bummer for those who were.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

ToxicFrog posted:

What If You Could See Love? wrapped up last month and no-one mentioned it! Jerks! I know what I'm reading next.

I've read the first few chapters and now I'm sitting on it until it's finished, I really liked what I read of it though.

I think it's one of the best LGBT comics I've ever read. Maybe it's because its western made, but all the gay and queer stuff is just up front and in the open.

Someone asked the author why people of the same gender spontaneously hit on one another without knowing if the other person is also gay or bi etc. The author responded that everyone in that comics universe was pansexual until a different preference is stated.

This stands in kind of sharp contrast to a lot of gay themed mangas that seem to be just 2 girls being good friends for 500 pages.

I wish Webtoons had a good system to sort out the LGBT comics from the other stuff. Some of them are amazing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it's not really a western thing. there is large chunk of japanese stuff that way too in regards to being upfront and open, esp the stuff made by lgbt peeps. like look at that butch x butch anthology discussed in here. it's just that stuff like gl in japan have like a wider thing going on and a history that is sorta its own space.

for example, i would say all manwha stuff i read tends to be upfront about lgbt stuff.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 6, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

I think it's one of the best LGBT comics I've ever read. Maybe it's because its western made, but all the gay and queer stuff is just up front and in the open.

Someone asked the author why people of the same gender spontaneously hit on one another without knowing if the other person is also gay or bi etc. The author responded that everyone in that comics universe was pansexual until a different preference is stated.

This stands in kind of sharp contrast to a lot of gay themed mangas that seem to be just 2 girls being good friends for 500 pages.

I wish Webtoons had a good system to sort out the LGBT comics from the other stuff. Some of them are amazing.
I've been reading The Two Of Them Are Pretty Much Like This which also finished recently, and it also strikes me as one of the works that are the exact kind of almost-blazé (in the positive sense) about openly kissing, holding hands, cuddling naked between having sex and things like that, that I really appreciate because the ways in which people are affectionate with each other is very sweet to read about.

There does seem to have been a cultural shift in the last decade or two, with regard to these kinds of things being depicted in manga - I remember when it was a rare treat to have anything that wasn't hidden in subtext.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Snooze Cruise posted:

it's not really a western thing. there is large chunk of japanese stuff that way too in regards to being upfront and open, esp the stuff made by lgbt peeps. like look at that butch x butch anthology discussed in here. it's just that stuff like gl in japan have like a wider thing going on and a history that is sorta its own space.

for example, i would say all manwha stuff i read tends to be upfront about lgbt stuff.

Do you have any examples? I'd love to read some.

I've been reading The Two Of Them Are Pretty Much Like This which also finished recently, and it also strikes me as one of the works that are the exact kind of almost-blazé (in the positive sense) about openly kissing, holding hands, cuddling naked between having sex and things like that, that I really appreciate because the ways in which people are affectionate with each other is very sweet to read about.

There does seem to have been a cultural shift in the last decade or two, with regard to these kinds of things being depicted in manga - I remember when it was a rare treat to have anything that wasn't hidden in subtext.

Thanks for that, and I'm absolutely reading it.

Like I'm not looking for explicit imagery or anything (though I don't mind it) But I really want a clear unambiguous emotional relationship that couldn't easily be misconstrued for simply a good friendship.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

Thanks for that, and I'm absolutely reading it.

Like I'm not looking for explicit imagery or anything (though I don't mind it) But I really want a clear unambiguous emotional relationship that couldn't easily be misconstrued for simply a good friendship.
I'm right there with you, friend - that's the kind of romance I like reading too, but Snooze Cruise is right that there is a lot of it now, especially compared to how rare it used to be.

Take a manga like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - because of the era it's written in (started in the mid-90s, finished before 2010), the relationship between Alpha and Korone can read like a completely regular friendship, but combined with the way that robots transfer information, it can also be read as a quiet romance.
That's both sweet, as well as bittersweet, but also somewhat frustrating.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 6, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'm right there with you, friend - that's the kind of romance I like reading too, but Snooze Cruise is right that there is a lot of it now, especially compared to how rare it used to be.

Take a manga like Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - because of the era it's written in (started in the mid-90s, finished before 2010), the relationship between Alpha and Korone can read like a completely regular friendship, but combined with the way that robots transfer information, it can also be read as a quiet romance.
That's both sweet, as well as bittersweet, but also somewhat frustrating.

Noralities suggested the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou anime recently, so that's been on my to-do list. Is there an English manga version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Feliday Melody posted:

Do you have any examples? I'd love to read some.

The recent hotness, so do you wanna go out, thread favorite still sick. amano shunita and morishima akio are all prominent lesbos in the gl scene.

i feel like most stuff posted by me and others in this thread fits this though, check out some old posts as well.

e: like even the last "vague relationship" thing I remember being posted in here recently is ise-san and shima-san and that has an out lesbian

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 6, 2022