Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/MarQs__/status/1496702877515100161

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Danann posted:

a bit late for that if the vdv are in the local airport imo

yea not sure what he thinks he has 'martial law' over right now but gotta stay busy I guess.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

A lot of the western media on Spetznaz is widly off, but NATO assessments from the mid 70’s on suggest they would have done something like that throughout western Europe. Almost every major NATO installation and headquarters was expected to be under some sort of ground surveillance and possibly sabotage by their guys, who may have been there since the start of the diplomatic crisis.

I know the Canadian contingent expected to lose our primary airfield and arms dumps and we were waay behind the inter-German border in NATO reserve.

I kept saying that all of this poo poo was forgotten in the end zone dances after 1991.

NATO states are going to get loving weird in the coming weeks

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/markmackinnon/status/1496702001165611011?t=FEaO0aSoimMhzEEkip9HsQ&s=19

breakfast cancelled

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

paul_soccer12 posted:

this literally would not have happened if trump was still president

:smugdon:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/wsbmod/status/1496694982169837572

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gently caress

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Global Markets Forum

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

fits my needs posted:

lol joe bidens gonna get cartered

thought it was going to be the midterm elections that would get Biden. didn't see loser stink from a war with russia.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

hekaton posted:

can biden even be woken up? like is he sealed in a tank of adrenochrome every night and cannot be disturbed?

gonna be weird if theres a whole war and noone bothers to wake up the president right

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ardennes posted:

From what has been posted…it seems pretty text book.

I feel bad for saying it, but it’s beautiful.

Soviet Military Operational Art: In Pursuit of Deep Battle

David Glantz examines the Soviet study of war, the re-emergence of the operation level and its connection with deep battle, the evolution of the Soviet theory of operations in depth before 1941, and its refinement and application in the European theatre and the Far East between 1941 and 1945.

Table of Contents
The Slavonic Review- "There can be no doubt that this represents an impressive contribution to the study of Soviet military doctrine: intelligent, learned, comprehensive and convincing.

The Soviet Conduct of Tactical Maneuver: Spearhead of the Offensive

(both on libgen :files:)

Literally textbook. If it went as well as it looks like it is, they’ve recovered the pre-1991 capabilities, at least on the operational level. This should cause a realization that History has restarted and Neoliberal unipolarity is over, at least militarily. I’m not loving around, this is genuinely the kind of thing that should cause a total reevaluation of policy towards Russia, because we’re a long way from Yelsin orderinf drunk and demoralized conscripts into Chechnya.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

a lot of very stupid takes rn itt from D&D refugees

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

war is so hosed up man

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1496699483761127429

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

really gives new meaning to 'all my apes gone'

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

So many tragedies in war

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

drat ukraine sucks rear end

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

my man you're two hours into the invasion and kiev's airport apparently has already been captured. its gg no re

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Glimm posted:

this is on Putin, the fascist dictator of Russia - an unhinged lunatic

it’s ego, nothing about Ukraine was kicking Russia when it was down, it’s just putin’s little baby ego

You're a dope. Jazerus just laid it out for you in the simplest terms, and you still don't get it.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

lots of people are dying because putin’s ego was bruised and you’re defending him with this weak poo poo lmao

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

neoconservatism was ultimately about making Dick Cheney and friends rich, Iraq and afghanistan were convenient targets that hadn't already been looted by the west. yeah you had idiots who wanted to make Iraq the 51st state or whatever but that was never an actual goal

Ukraine borders Russia and they have centuries of shared history, its very different!

yeah Americans don't really have any first-hand experience of revanchism so it's hard to grasp how central that is to right wing projects in non-US countries

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i can't believe that guy got himself permabanned right before things popped off lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1496701816146436097?s=20&t=eSA1PCR3SLFLjBYEgok7UA

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

wonder how many private keys are going to get destroyed by an errant missile or artillery shell. this is good for bitcoin!

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Cold War II, baby!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Ukraine I feel bad for your country but this is tremendous content

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Oglethorpe posted:

definitely calling in sick tomorrow

gotta play that elden ring right gamers

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

they had naval forces?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Lmao what navy? Like two boats?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kix4JhQZfOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacemang_spliff posted:

Ukraine I feel bad for your country but this is tremendous content

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I feel bad for saying it, but it’s beautiful.

Soviet Military Operational Art: In Pursuit of Deep Battle

David Glantz examines the Soviet study of war, the re-emergence of the operation level and its connection with deep battle, the evolution of the Soviet theory of operations in depth before 1941, and its refinement and application in the European theatre and the Far East between 1941 and 1945.

Table of Contents
The Slavonic Review- "There can be no doubt that this represents an impressive contribution to the study of Soviet military doctrine: intelligent, learned, comprehensive and convincing.

The Soviet Conduct of Tactical Maneuver: Spearhead of the Offensive

(both on libgen :files:)

Literally textbook. If it went as well as it looks like it is, they’ve recovered the pre-1991 capabilities, at least on the operational level. This should cause a realization that History has restarted and Neoliberal unipolarity is over, at least militarily. I’m not loving around, this is genuinely the kind of thing that should cause a total reevaluation of policy towards Russia, because we’re a long way from Yelsin orderinf drunk and demoralized conscripts into Chechnya.

theyre not going to do that

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ah poo poo I gotta a feeling I'm going to have to go to work on friday even if we get hit with a foot of snow

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

100% most contemptible man in media

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

turns out constantly denying youre about to be at war while your enemy prepares is a bad strategy

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Consistently the worst/weirdest take in every situation, it's amazing

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

hahahah loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

paul_soccer12 posted:

this literally would not have happened if trump was still president