Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

the ukrainian navy never catches a break rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

oof. thats a hard one to come back from

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

why is the egg man in mexico

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

[Eurasia] Breakfast cancelled.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Ah yes all of their naval forces are destroyed, every single ship? Base? Very plausible

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

bedpan posted:

oof. thats a hard one to come back from

especially since paradox patched out the naval production exploit

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Glimm posted:

lots of people are dying because putin’s ego was bruised and you’re defending him with this weak poo poo lmao

Did you see that Zyuganov and the CPRF have the same position as Putin? Did you see that Navalny does as well?

Educate yourself, fool.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
The extent of US knowledge into the Russian military plans makes me wonder if there was some sort of handshake agreement on this or if Russia outright told the US "This is what, how, and when it's going to happen." And the US/NATO knew there was no legit tactical way to defend Ukraine, or for Ukraine to defend itself.

Because honestly, NATO really has no choice in this situation but to stay home and the sanctions are toothless.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
freakin zerg russia'd

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

we still get brunch though right

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Praying for those Azov grannies

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

I feel bad for saying it, but it’s beautiful.

yeah like if the reports are true that they did a paradrop into Kiev airport and an amphibious landing into Odessa just start waving the white flag now because that's probably the most well-executed military operation since 2003

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

PhilippAchtel posted:

You're a dope.

your monitor is still off dipshit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was thinking a good chance as soon as the shooting starts that the Nazis immediately gently caress off behind friendly lines to start murdering minorities and stealing poo poo but lol if the front lines come to them.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

QUEER FRASIER posted:

yeah Americans don't really have any first-hand experience of revanchism so it's hard to grasp how central that is to right wing projects in non-US countries

the attitudes towards Cuba are probably the closest, and that anger is mostly kept alive by the expat community

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Just obliterate the ogalla aquifer you stupid gently caress.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SorePotato posted:

Praying for those Azov grannies

same

we both mean 'to be the only casualties', right?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

matty oh my god

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Social Democrat Party voting in favor of war credits after the assassination of Franz Ferdinand was a bad thing, hth

You're wasting your breath. Glimm doesn't even know what you're referencing.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

I hate this fat retard

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SchrodingersCat posted:

The extent of US knowledge into the Russian military plans makes me wonder if there was some sort of handshake agreement on this or if Russia outright told the US "This is what, how, and when it's going to happen." And the US/NATO knew there was no legit tactical way to defend Ukraine, or for Ukraine to defend itself.

Because honestly, NATO really has no choice in this situation but to stay home and the sanctions are toothless.

well they've got this thing called satellites now

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

Did you see that Zyuganov and the CPRF have the same position as Putin? Did you see that Navalny does as well?

Educate yourself, fool.

libs really have to cling to this dumbass great man idea that the real world is Harry Potter and Putin is Voldemort, they cannot conceive of forces acting above the level of "evil villain guy does bad things"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/RFzS1q6.gifv

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
History is repeating. Russian soliders are once again liberating Ukraine from Nazi rule.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jupiter what have you done

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

SchrodingersCat posted:

Russia very well may have basically told them what the plan was, as an attempt to get Ukraine to concede without war. Though, now that I think about that a bit more, that seems like a really bad idea

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’m almost crying.

Goddamn. I thought at best this would be like Georgia, but they simultaneously attacked the whole strategic depth of Ukraine and carried out opposed amphibious landings against a (partially) NATO armed and equipped force.

Oh my God. Those magnificent bastards.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Mia Wasikowska posted:

gotta play that elden ring right gamers

is that out for linux?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

SchrodingersCat posted:

All of their weapons depots blew up at once, there were absolutely Ukrainian collaborators working with the Russians on this, our intel was absolutelt from them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Volume on

https://twitter.com/PrimeTobirama/status/1496684798525554689?s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

war breaks out and instantly every ghoul's thoughts tune to: GET THE OIL GET THE OIL GET THE OIL

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

I’m almost crying.

Goddamn. I thought at best this would be like Georgia, but they simultaneously attacked the whole strategic depth of Ukraine and carried out opposed amphibious landings against a (partially) NATO armed and equipped force.

Oh my God. Those magnificent bastards.

what the gently caress

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

SchrodingersCat posted:

so the united states agreed to let russia have ukraine instead of turning into a meat grinder for the next decade+? seems unlikely but maybe things really have changed that much...

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hirsute posted:

Ah yes all of their naval forces are destroyed, every single ship? Base? Very plausible

Ukraine has had like a handful of ships.

quote:

It consisted of five branches: surface forces, submarine forces, Navy aviation, coastal rocket-artillery and naval infantry.[8] As of 2022, the Ukrainian Navy numbers 0 personnel.[1] In 2007 and prior to the 2014 Russian annexation of Crimea 15,470 people served the Ukrainian Navy.[1][9]

caught this vandalism in real time lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Navy

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Vernii posted:

Yea in a decade we're all gonna miss the hell out of the American empire because instead it'll be 3-4 great powers all using the same stupid, brutal tactics in imperialist pissing matches

as an Arab Middle easterner I spit on the American empire they delivered me fascism

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

has there been any signs of resistance from ukraine other than small arms at the points of contact

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Vox Nihili posted:

we still get brunch though right

At this rate Russia will seize full control before mimosas.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
We are now gonna see the first 1 Trillion dollar DOD budget next year. More than likely it will now pass.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

isn't that a video from the recent gaza violence? I think that's the iron dome blowing up rockets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

Ukraine has had like a handful of ships.

caught this vandalism in real time lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Navy

lol