Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

.Z. posted:

For mixed flooring like that, you might consider the Roborock S7. It's got a vibrating mop for scrubbing hard flooring that lifts up out of the way when transitioning to carpet. But it $650, so quite a bit more than $400, though sold on Amazon so easy enough to return. It's also got an optional auto-empty dock, but it's expensive and not worth it with a mopping feature. You are already going to have to remove the mopping pad after a cleaning session to prevent mold, you can remove the dust bin at the same time.

I have a Roborock S7 for mopping and vacuuming and I’m glad I was convinced to get it.

For the price I thought there was no way it would be worth it, but drat, it owns. When we moved into a house with dark expresso wood floors it was immediately clear that is not a good combination with a big light hair colored dog. At the old house I managed by just doing a quick vacuum run each day after work. But with the dark floors little dirty paw prints were everywhere, and cleaning that every day was a no go.

The little robock mopping feature completely rules. I empty the dust bin a couple times a week and wash the mop pad in the sink once a week, and floors look great. Definitely recommend if you can get over the idea of paying $700 for it.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Just catching up on the Costco thread:

What type of concrete poops are you people taking that the Kirkland brand TP isnt good enough? It works perfectly fine, there is not a thing wrong with it! Bidet, a few sheets of Kirkland TP and I'm on my way.

Has anyone bought the outdoor plastic Adirondack chairs? Looking at getting some patio furniture this year. Its all stupid expensive but Costco seems to have the best deals for patio furniture.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have joined the church

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

numberoneposter posted:

i have joined the church

Can I get an amen

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

BaseballPCHiker posted:

What type of concrete poops are you people taking that the Kirkland brand TP isnt good enough? It works perfectly fine, there is not a thing wrong with it! Bidet, a few sheets of Kirkland TP and I'm on my way.

Has anyone bought the outdoor plastic Adirondack chairs? Looking at getting some patio furniture this year. Its all stupid expensive but Costco seems to have the best deals for patio furniture.

Adirondack chairs trigger the "THAT MUCH? I could build one myself in a year for six times the price... once I buy the tools. What a rip!" in me. The TREX/plastic ones seem pretty sturdy, but I've also seen some "go soft" where the boards get a little wobbly if left in the elements for years on end.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can I get an amen

Amen!

I'm going to make a marinated chicken breast (frozen Kirkland brand) with some Normandy blend veggies tonight. What do you guys do with the veggies that is simple? I usually just steam them in a pot for a few minutes and season them. I like them still crunchy. I think I tried roasting them one time and had limited success.

Anything you guys do that's easy?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Amen!

I'm going to make a marinated chicken breast (frozen Kirkland brand) with some Normandy blend veggies tonight. What do you guys do with the veggies that is simple? I usually just steam them in a pot for a few minutes and season them. I like them still crunchy. I think I tried roasting them one time and had limited success.

Some shrimp goes well with them in a pan, or you can put the veggies in the steamer basket of a rice cooker and have veggies and rice. Sous vide salmon is fast (unlike a steak it’s 30 minutes) and you can do salmon and rice and veggies.

I’ve also been doing onigiri with the smoked salmon and some nori sheets

Chicken is nice because you can portion it up (season it if you want, sriracha or other seasonings work well) and vacuum bag it and throw it in the freezer. You could also do chicken and rice and veggies, or you can use the chicken as an ingredient in tacos or something else, frozen portioned chicken is an exceptionally versatile building block.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 23, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

already did a big haul on sunday. got the classics: TP, steak, brick of parmesan, etc.

the hot dog stand was closed :(

gonna add normandy mix to the list for next trip. also need salad dressing. zesty italian.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Please take note that what you know as Kirkland brand TP is different than the Kirkland TP in other regions.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Paul MaudDib posted:

Some shrimp goes well with them in a pan, or you can put the veggies in the steamer basket of a rice cooker and have veggies and rice. Sous vide salmon is fast (unlike a steak it’s 30 minutes) and you can do salmon and rice and veggies.

I’ve also been doing onigiri with the smoked salmon and some nori sheets

Chicken is nice because you can portion it up (season it if you want, sriracha or other seasonings work well) and vacuum bag it and throw it in the freezer. You could also do chicken and rice and veggies, or you can use the chicken as an ingredient in tacos or something else, frozen portioned chicken is an exceptionally versatile building block.

I'm more asking what to do with the vegetables alone. Like a way to cook them. Not a full meal. I have the other stuff covered.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Everything tastes better when you add butter. Or old bay.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I'm more asking what to do with the vegetables alone. Like a way to cook them. Not a full meal. I have the other stuff covered.

Roasting at 425 with salt, pepper and olive oil never fails

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

buffalo all day posted:

Maybe toss with some Parmesan and garlic powder too. Breadcrumbs if you like that.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Amen!

I like to stir fry them in a wok with some protein, sausages from Costco usually, and then add some of the White Queso they also sell. It makes a really cheesy veggie dish.

You could also add some Hatch Green Chilies to make it spicier if that is your thing.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

buffalo all day posted:

Steaming first or just tossing them frozen then straight to the oven?

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

jisforjosh posted:

Steaming first or just tossing them frozen then straight to the oven?

always frozen straight to oven if you’re doing a straightforward roasted veggie

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The key to roasting any vegetable is to surprise the inside of the vegetable with the outside already being crispy. This means blast it at high temps so it doesn't just sog out, and both salt and oil will help with Maillard browning. I also use paprika to help with browning, and black pepper because it's important and I just got a Turkish grinder that rocks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Trastion posted:

I like to stir fry them in a wok with some protein, sausages from Costco usually, and then add some of the White Queso they also sell. It makes a really cheesy veggie dish.

You could also add some Hatch Green Chilies to make it spicier if that is your thing.

Hmmm, that's not a bad idea. I have the chicken breast marinating in a Caribbean jerk sauce (Lawry's) and I suppose I could just slice it up and toss it in with all of the vegetables. Maybe some soy or teriyaki sauce. And I still have a ton of 505 that I can't think of any way to use it instead of pouring over Mexican stuff.

I could also try roasting them again too.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Soul Dentist posted:

The key to roasting any vegetable is to surprise the inside of the vegetable with the outside already being crispy. This means blast it at high temps so it doesn't just sog out, and both salt and oil will help with Maillard browning. I also use paprika to help with browning, and black pepper because it's important and I just got a Turkish grinder that rocks

I've been looking for a new pepper grinder. Which one did you get?

Bud light dog
Oct 1, 2021

by Hand Knit
Wrong thread:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I want a pepper cannon

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pepper rail gun

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Weembles posted:

http://www.unicornmills.org/magnum.html I bought this a while ago and it shoots out a hilarious amount of pepper with each grind, I love it so much

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the kirkland TP sucks, it's super linty and falls apart immediately

Incorrect opinion there cement poo poo

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

infraboy posted:

Also with a bunch of video games coming out I realized the 100$ in Playstation gift cards for 90$ is basically a discount if you buy games digitally., Forbidden West and Elden Ring coming out respectively..

Been doing this for years now! I'll buy some every couple of months and use them or let the kids use them. It makes everything a 10% off sale

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Weembles posted:

I got mine from here and rather than spooging out pepper like a virgin at prom night it turns it into almost imperceptibly fine dust -- maximizing surface area and thus flavor. It's cheap for a brass coffee mill too. The only issue I have is that the turning arm isn't secured by a nut, so it slides off the mill easily.

I'd spend the cash and get the larger model if you've got big hands because the length includes the bottom receptacle which you won't use for pepper.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can I get an amen

Hotdogalleujah

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

StormDrain posted:

My local store has a stationary generator for sale right now, $5,200! Not the most expensive thing I've seen but it is surprising when you come across it.

im high and took like five seconds wondering why you would need to generate stationary

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

To write on dipshit

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

i have joined the church

welcome brother :haibrow::respek::hai:

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

namlosh posted:

Which one did you get? How do you like it? We were looking at the Fridgemaster and the other one (I want to say Midea brand) and couldn’t decide. Now they don’t really have them anymore. Want to pull the trigger faster next time.

We currently have one of those tiny thermoelectric ones and it annoys me and only works ok. We’d like to store more in there than just insulin

I bought this one..

https://www.costco.ca/danby-4.4-cu.-ft.-spotless-steel-compact-all-fridge.product.100676347.html

Guess the price went up but what hasn't.. I used to have a mini fridge with a freezer compartment but the ice buildup and melt puddle from it was super annoying so i just went with a stand alone mini fridge and so far i have no issues with it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

The Walrus posted:

im high and took like five seconds wondering why you would need to generate stationary

I'm not high and that one got me, too.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I've had a pair of these for a couple of years and they rule. Good weight to them, comfortable and a little flex in the back. Mine live under a covered front porch and I expect them to last a very long time, they are not showing any signs of wear.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Robot vac chat:
iRobot has refurbs direct on Ebay with the i7/i8+ for under $500.

I ordered one after several years of assorted Eufy dog hair cleaners.
Now we've got 3 robots spread across the house keepin things cleaner.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

The Sukhi's Tikka Masala is one of my go to Costco purchases. Has anyone ever seen any of the Chicken Vindaloo in a costco?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Coredump posted:

The Sukhi's Tikka Masala is one of my go to Costco purchases. Has anyone ever seen any of the Chicken Vindaloo in a costco?

Our Costco had chicken Biriyani in addition to the Tikka, so we're giving that a whirl one night soon.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I'm having the biryani for lunch today! It's very fragrant-I added some raw spinach and frozen peas to it to pretend like it's better for me.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

GONNA GRILL UP A COSTCO BIG BEEFY STRIPLOIN STEAK TONIGHT

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Read this as BIG SLEEPY STRIP LOIN and brother I feel ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

GONNA GRILL UP A COSTCO BIG BEEFY STRIPLOIN STEAK TONIGHT

Back when I had an outdoor space to torch a steak I would buy the New York Strip steaks, sous vide and then torch those things for a steak that would cost me $100+ at a restaurant for like $10 and requiring absolutely no cooking skills.