Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tardigrade posted:

It’s a parody of the “most interesting man in the world” Dos Equis ads. Which haven’t been a thing in a while?

Ah forgot about them. Doesn’t really make it make more sense though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I'm very excited to see how Rall deals with the Russian invasion of Ukraine. I anticipate either ignoring it or sniveling in defense of his financial overlords.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't think i'm excited about seeing any cartoonist's take in this thread about the russian invasion of ukraine

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I suggest a new Kellies Kategory on the Putin cartoons, because we may see a lot of them this year. Not quite sure how to capture it.
Most Tasteful Sideboob

Best Shirted Putin Caricature (the rare positive Kelly Award)

Worst Russia/Ukraine Take

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Can you be addicted to a setting? Should we have an intervention?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I admire any artist willing to free themselves from what others might want or expect.

This is just Bors' Post-Apocalyptic Period. He is making the art he wants to make.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pants Donkey posted:

Can you be addicted to a setting? Should we have an intervention?

I mean, this is his new comic he's making that is set in this setting. It'd be a little weird if it wasn't.
Edit: I'm assuming this is connected to his new comic, this specific one hasn't come thru my feed yet, but since he's "retired" from political cartoons...

Here's the cover for his new comic:

duz fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 24, 2022

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

:sickos:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

JerikTelorian posted:

I'm very excited to see how Rall deals with the Russian invasion of Ukraine. I anticipate either ignoring it or sniveling in defense of his financial overlords.

Very real chance he (and others?) will just buy in on (Eastern) Ukraine being mostly Russians anyway, so it makes sense that it should be Russia again. Probably dressed in "the people feel Russian".

This conveniently allows any intervention against Russia to be framed as opposition to the will of the people.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

BonHair posted:

Very real chance he (and others?) will just buy in on (Eastern) Ukraine being mostly Russians anyway, so it makes sense that it should be Russia again. Probably dressed in "the people feel Russian".

This conveniently allows any intervention against Russia to be framed as opposition to the will of the people.

Which is amazing because Rall would probably have loved the chance to draw the US as saying something like "All these people in [area of Canada] are basically American anyway, so the United States will be annexing this part" and showing how it's all bullshit and a clear territory grab. But now he can't do that because it would show the same for Russia.

I'm guessing the Rall cartoon will probably ignore the issue of whether Russia's claims are valid and will use one of his favorite arguments, some flavor of "How can the US claim what Russia is doing is bad when they themselves did a bad thing?" with the bad thing potentially being "stole territory from Native Americans."

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm normally not a fan of Bojo caricatures but this one is precious.

:laffo: took me way too long Biden's hat plume

Kellies nomination: Best Edit

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

VitalSigns posted:

Aw :(

Correct

It's one of the issues with modding by reports I think, sometimes mods are just trying to clear the report queue and don't have time to read all the context around a dozen posts that got reported or whatever

If so it's weird that anyone would report a pretty anodyne post calling Ben Garrison a hypocrite because what, did Tina pay :10bux: for an account?
I was surprised at that probation too, but that's why I kind of like the free use of the 6/12 hour probations by mods because even if it's a mistake it's not that big a deal.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Russian donors to the Tory party — The Conservative party is coming under increasing pressure to sever links with wealthy Russian donors"

Telegraph:

Exodus begins: Ukrainians flee amid fears Russian invasion will prompt worst refugee crisis in decades; After Charles Addams.

Matt:

New face covering rules — face masks in London, in hospitals and where else?

Independent:

‘London laundromat’: how golden visa scheme created UK haven for dirty money After Levi's.

Times:

UK will stop Russia selling sovereign debt in London, says Liz Truss; Procol Harum singer Gary Brooker dies at 76

Evening Standard

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
i hate that i loled at that matt

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I thought at first that nice warm coat was labelled Pathetic Sanctions, but now I see she's carrying them in her pocket. Still not a powerful visual metaphor but I guess it makes a little sense.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I love that despite everything there's still some guys doing this cartoon

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
huge russia labeled DEBT rolling over tiny ukraine labeled AMERICAN CITIZENS

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Many states have relaxed compulsory mask rules to just high risk settings such as public transport and hospitals.

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Lethbridge:

This is how the Russia-Ukraine conflict feeds into Australia's national security debate (ABC).

Warren Brown:

Spooner:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Three guesses what most of today's batch is about.

Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Chip Bok

Steve Breen

Chris Britt

Jeff Danziger

Al Goodwyn

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Kevin Necessary

Mike Lester

You don't tend to get punished for trying to overthrow the federal government when you don't try to overthrow the federal government.

Marty Two Bulls

Jack Ohman

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Oh poo poo, Ukraine Inflation.

Marshall Ramsey

Rob Rogers

Jeff Stahler

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Dirty Hairy-Legs Putin doesn’t look like he’s quaking in his boots like Biden predicted as Russia invades Ukraine.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Politoons 2022: Ha, Ha, Ha, Cackle, Cackle

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

Mike Lester

You don't tend to get punished for trying to overthrow the federal government when you don't try to overthrow the federal government.

I like how he made sure to make the BLM cows white to try to head off any racism claims but couldn’t help himself in giving them big chains around their necks, backwards baseball caps, do-rags, and joints. It’s like the Liar Liar “the pen is blue” but with racist dog whistles as loud as foghorns

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are you loving kidding me? “The worst part? Escalating oil prices :(“ is not a take I expected at all

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jesus Kal. The Economist doesn't deserve you.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

There's so many things wrong with this number I don't even know where to start.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Grape posted:

There's so many things wrong with this number I don't even know where to start.

WW2 ended over 70 years ago, therefore there's been nothing but peace since.

I will be taking no questions at this time.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Are you loving kidding me? “The worst part? Escalating oil prices :(“ is not a take I expected at all
I am expecting a few "Biden's sanctions are escalating oil prices :argh:" but it might take a few more days.

It's there in the small print on Ramirez on Day 1 though.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Ah yes, it was definitely the left making headline after headline about how they liked the new "progressive" rebrand, and definitely not the right making headline after headline about how they didn't like the new "progressive" rebrand.
So now they get to make a big deal about dumb poo poo and then pretend the other guys were the ones doing it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

This is the most American cartoon ever

"Russian tanks are rolling into Ukraine shelling major cities, it's terrible and appalling how much gas is going to cost me now!"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Just to be clear, the lawsuit started last February. The character changes are certainly pandering, but they are in no way counterprogramming.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Tucker Carlson, noted leftist.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: In Capitalism, Workers Lose Even When They Gain

Ted Rall posted:

If you are an American worker who is finally getting a higher salary after decades of losing ground to inflation, there is something especially dispiriting about seeing your raise get completely me up by inflation that is increasing even faster.
Ted Rall writes his cartoons in weekly blocks so we will need to wait until next week to see his steaming hot take in cartoon form. Rall does however have an editorial piece about how Ukraine is a distraction for Democrats ("It's the Inflation, Stupid") and a podcast episode with Scott Stantis titled "Russia invades Ukraine. Is It Our Business?" so there are some clues.

First Dog on the Moon: Magpies - courageous heroes or little feathery bastards?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Calling it, Rall's going to do the whattaboutism defense for Russia

D-shill 1: Russia invaded the Ukraine, how terrible

D-shill 2: Totally unjustified, unlike when the US invaded the Philippines, Guam, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Panama, Grenada, Nicaragua, Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan...

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

From the Trump GBS thread. Don't think it has been posted here.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The invasion was pretty unpopular even in Russia, but I guess he might tut the party line regardless.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

50% Rob Liefeld Captain America, 50% Colin Mochrie, all caveman.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ah yes, that most current and crucial of news stories, the sexiness of the green M&M. That's got to be one of the worst instances of the two week delay I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Conservative response to Russia is all over the place. You have war-horny who want to note how weak Biden is and note that Putin never did this during Trump’s term. But wait, Biden is a neoliberal, so he might actually have invade Russian or something ill-advised. So you have another contingent complaining about putting troops in danger for some other countries, which would be fine except it’s mixed in with stupid poo poo like “Biden protecting Ukraine to save his Hunter Biden secrets!”

They really want concrete action from Biden so they can develop proper marching orders to follow. It’d be funny to watch if there weren’t like, a war going on.