Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

CaptainACAB posted:

You think I posted it ironically? I'm never ironic about Communism.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Shiroc posted:

He's a white American expat who was upset that the other people in Taiwan weren't acting as stressed.

Unless I'm missing something the whole real, material value to the PRC taking over governance of Taiwan would be to have control of the industry, knowledge workers and such. Blowing it up just to take the land doesn't seem worth anything unless the West heavily militarizes the island to threaten the mainland. But with Korea and Japan are also in close proximity with significant US military as is.

A militarized Taiwan is in a better position than Japan or Korea to threaten Chinese shipping lanes though.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i dont really understand why zelensky expected any different outcome when he declared for NATO. i guess it was all a joke

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Omnicarus posted:

CK is performing in Kislev tonight
:hmmorks:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

Yea but to be fair I don't think China has a response to that deeper than 'oh, that'd be funny I guess'.

But yea like said there's no reason to 'attack' Taiwan when most of its value is in its industry and infrastructure and all.

oic. yea I have no idea how China views Taiwan, whether they think they can get it by other means at some point or what. they seem very butthurt about it in general. the US seems to portray everyone’s foreign policy through the barrel of a gun

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

This is a 17 year old just posting his Battlefield stats.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/ThoSinning/status/1496955306282307586?s=20&t=xFwxepKfVTtOvI_7BCXMKw

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Omnicarus posted:

Shooting his load all over Ursun.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

DesertIslandHermit posted:

That makes him even cooler

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The "C." is for Caro.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

CaptainACAB posted:

America sure is.

Now, there is a certain country for whom this all benefits, and who happens to be racing toward fusion as well.

If I knew how to edit video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWk6JcheLMU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/Caucasuswar/status/1496974111352008707

NOOOO
THE CUTE FROGFOOTS

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

i want to believe in irl ace combat plots

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

DesertIslandHermit posted:

ukrainian pilots have been practicing rendezook maneuvers for this very scenario

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Danann posted:

don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

redneck nazgul posted:

ukrainian pilots have been practicing rendezook maneuvers for this very scenario

rendezook these nuts lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

CaptainACAB posted:

oh i wanted to post the Only Correct Take here, since i see everyone losing it in the forest:

The only reason this is happening is because the USSR was illegally dissolved against the will of it's people. The CPSU is the legitimate government of both the illegally occupied Ukranian SSR and the illegally occupied Russian SFSR. It was never defeated in a free or fair election, but was overthrown in a CIA and IMF backed bandit coup.

Putin represents those same bandits who destroyed the greatest workers' state that has ever existed, immiserated it's people, looted their society and cast them into darkness and warfare where previously there was peace and prosperity. Soviet brothers are now forced to kill each other when they once lived in harmony. This does not, of course, mean that we should side with the IMF backed Ukranian fascists and liberals, as they represent nothing more than another faction of bandits.

What we should support, instead, is the withdrawl of BOTH illegal occupation forces and a return of the country to it's legitimate government, which is the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Get this guy to fight GrowingSidewinder

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

A militarized Taiwan is in a better position than Japan or Korea to threaten Chinese shipping lanes though.

The US deciding to further self own by threatening Chinese shipping lanes and damage China's ability to ship things to the US is entirely believable.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

lollontee posted:

i dont really understand why zelensky expected any different outcome when he declared for NATO. i guess it was all a joke

I mean, isn't this kind of why joining NATO was a good idea for him? Russia is invading and we're gonna do jack poo poo because global capital told us not to.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Stereotype posted:

yeah being a troop is insanely dumb. who loves their politicians and government so much that they'd die for it? idiots, that's who. the only rational reason to be a troop is because it pays well and has pretty good benefits

I dunno why everyone is so mad russia invaded colorado a few years ago and us troops helped train em

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg5HOnq7zD0

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Reik posted:

I mean, isn't this kind of why joining NATO was a good idea for him? Russia is invading and we're gonna do jack poo poo because global capital told us not to.

Wouldn't the process of joining NATO make Putin invade before it was finished?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
On France24, a lady they interviewed said "I know you mentioned me as a normal citizen in Kyiv, but actually I studied peace and security for my Masters."

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Danann posted:

I remember ace combat 4 being super antiwar (as much as a game can anyways) and my teenage brain thinking drat this is so stupid why they fighting. Then the war keeps happening over and over again over stupid reasons in the sequels and now I realize ace combat is a masterpiece.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Top Gun : дисидент

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

lol, I don't know which possible explanation is sadder, that they're just attributing every single air-to-air kill to one person for propaganda purposes, or that the Ukrainian Air Force has been so thoroughly wrecked that Kiev's air defense consists entirely of one dude trying to hold off the Russian Air Force by himself

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Omnicarus posted:

If Great Bastion Threat exceeds 80% and Chaos corruption becomes widespread, there is a danger that the Grand Cathay will enter what Astromancers call The Cool Zone.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol, knew it was brendan o'neill before i even clicked

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

To be fair, its quite possible that it wasn't their plan up until a few days ago until Gulf Stream 2 got canceled and preliminary sanctions started. It might have played some part of the Kremlin saying "gently caress it, YOLO."

But I still blame John Dolan, and all the posters in this thread, you specifically, more than I blame Putin or NATO for these events coming to pass.

my hope was that escalation would somehow result in cheaper video cards, my bad for being selfish

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

uh

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol so every single Ukrainian airbase was hit yesterday while their planes were on the ground, including hits on runways and taxiways, but today one of their pilots is 1 away from making ace and has a cool nickname?

:thunk:

Doubt.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Wouldn't the process of joining NATO make Putin invade before it was finished?

Maybe? I have to imagine NATO has some kind of process to handle Russia invading anyone that talks about joining though, since NATO wants to expand and that seems like a major reason for countries on the border not to join.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Where is bigplane? Is she safe? Is she alright? 

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Mister Bates posted:

lol, I don't know which possible explanation is sadder, that they're just attributing every single air-to-air kill to one person for propaganda purposes, or that the Ukrainian Air Force has been so thoroughly wrecked that Kiev's air defense consists entirely of one dude trying to hold off the Russian Air Force by himself

If HOI4 is any indication, they'll get a nice buff for that squadron

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Reik posted:

Maybe? I have to imagine NATO has some kind of process to handle Russia invading anyone that talks about joining though, since NATO wants to expand and that seems like a major reason for countries on the border not to join.

lmfao

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Mister Bates posted:

the nazis used to do the former so it's probably that.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Caucasuswar/status/1496970337220763659

https://twitter.com/DPRKJones/status/1496973696526954498

Just a Russian AD battery casually strolling around in Kherson.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Putin's at the Wish Granter. Think he's going to wish for immortality or to rule the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Where is bigplane? Is she safe? Is she alright? 

mr putin... it seems in your anger.... you grounded her permanently