Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Yeah as others have mentioned, either start trading for really cheap upgrades in every slot, or if you are allergic to trading or have no idea how to use the trade site and have no desire to even try, then use all your essences and orbs of binding on any bases you find, sell those 6 socket items you've come across for jeweller orbs so you can get 6 sockets on your fleshcrafter.

You could get level 20 vaal summon skeletons for 2c and 21 for 25c.

Carrion golem also isn't doing a whole lot for skeleton mages.

Minions overwhelm physical damage reduction mastery isn't doing a whole lot for skeleton mages.

Absolution isn't doing a lot for you because a again, you are focusing on the skeleton mages and making them better.

Get auras and curses, snipers mark is good for skeleton mages, pierce and volley will help your mages clear better when you get a 5+ link.

Do uberlab after gearing so you can get self-offering bonuses.

Pretty much everything you have in every single slot is poorly rolled and has little to no synergy with your build and should be at max sockets by now, when in doubt, just get life and a high number of resistance and some dex where available to save passives on the +30 nodes.

Oh and get movement speed on your boots and a movement skill, you must be crawling through your maps.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
As someone who rolled an Absolution Necro: don't use Absolution. I switched to Skele Mages and things are going a hell of a lot better (now to stop being :effort: about my gear).

edit: vvv Pretty much. I also have more minion life nodes than I really need since Blessed Rebirth takes care of skeles getting nuked as soon as they spawn (note to self: actually get a jewel that has that node...again, :effort:)

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 24, 2022

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

whypick1 posted:

As someone who rolled an Absolution Necro: don't use Absolution. I switched to Skele Mages and things are going a hell of a lot better (now to stop being :effort: about my gear).

I should do this. Tree doesn’t require many changes, right? Just switching off minion aoe nodes?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

I should do this. Tree doesn’t require many changes, right? Just switching off minion aoe nodes?

I am very bad at this game, and Skellie mages is like playing on easy mode.

Beyond Passive Tree Report:
I hate it; it doesn't seem to be worth the points, and I'm going back to strongboxes. Expedition still is seems to be doing the best for me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Beyond has absolutely fantastic rewards but if your character can't handle them you shouldn't do them. When you get more beefy then you can turn it on. I didn't start with any of the Beyond nodes because I knew those fuckers would tear my starter up.

I've dumped probably 200 orbs of unmaking into my atlas this season. It's cool and good to change whatever you want based off your strengths.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

does the unique monsters drop corrupted items sextant still exist cause with a ton of beyond juicing it was a similar payoff level to nem 3, just entirely in divines

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ghost Dog posted:

does the unique monsters drop corrupted items sextant still exist cause with a ton of beyond juicing it was a similar payoff level to nem 3, just entirely in divines
It sure does!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Just dropped an Enlighten from a random Legion encounter in a T14 Strand. 4.4ex without levels or quality. Do I sell it or use it? I'm Carrion Golems so I'm leaning towards using it for more auras.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

whypick1 posted:

Absolution is great for levelling, but really drops off in maps. I hear it gets better again with top-tier gear but haven't played it at that level myself.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Any recommendations for ssf atlas passives? Right now I've got 90ish points and have maxed essences, strongboxes, and expedition, with some in Kirac and map drops, too.

I'm playing absolution Necro and will transition to skellie mages if I ever find the jewel. Looking for generally simple, low-effort mechanics that will impact ssf (so not necessarily currency returns).

Edit: current atlas tree

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I don't play ssf, but the things that generally help me if I'm needing to craft gear would be harvest, essences, and expedition (for Rog, although not sure if you'd get enough reroll currency to make it worthwhile).

Also delve if you want to go the fossils route, obviously.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
my SSF experience so far has been that I'm drowning in reroll currencies after getting Janus in research and having only the passive safehouse progress cluster on the tree, while very occasionally running maps with Betrayal to refresh things after killing Caterina. I'm actually gonna spec more into expedition now to get the relics to actually roll stuff.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Vasudus posted:

Beyond has absolutely fantastic rewards but if your character can't handle them you shouldn't do them. When you get more beefy then you can turn it on. I didn't start with any of the Beyond nodes because I knew those fuckers would tear my starter up.

I've dumped probably 200 orbs of unmaking into my atlas this season. It's cool and good to change whatever you want based off your strengths.

I tried your atlas tree last night and it's a really wild ride with 4 sextants, enchant and 3 scarabs plus a league mechanic. I can't roll my maps much about 80% because it gets out of hand really quickly and I die to graphical lag.

12/10 would juice again

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

I can survive with the beyond tree + map bonus selection on T16 until I add delirium to it. The lag + the challenge is just too much.
It takes me a while though, because my skellies need a bit more dps. I have a 50 minion damage +1 Minion gem wand, and really need to get that with the extra +1 spell skills.
I also need awakened gems.

Maybe Beyond has much better payoff with sextants? I've been saving them for when I have the 4 voidstones.

I am also really liking ritual.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I did it again this league - I hit level 100.

Died 3 times at 40% which was very, very frustrating but none after that.

Here's my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/TrPsZ1Vj

My final point was +1 endurance charge. I was also using a different ring so I didn't have precision when I was pushing for 100. Otherwise, it's my character as I hit 100.

The helmet and the wand are the only two big items. The rest are pretty much run of the mill things that you can easily buy, craft, or buy a base and harvest spam until you hit.

I bought my wand for 42ex a bit ago, looks like it's about 70 now.
The helm looks like it's fine, about 20ex or maybe 30 for a good resist roll or something. Remember, you need +3 minion (or +2 at LEAST) and very much preferably an empty prefix so you can craft +1 skeleton.

I'm deciding what to do but there's a lot of things that could be improved:
Helm: better rolls (a mirror tier helm would literally double my DPS)
Wand: better rolls (didn't check what mirror tier would do but probably not as much as the helm)
Amulet: better rolls (not by much, not a big deal). I haven't checked if a good rare with +1 skeleton would be better.
Rings: something with minion damage
Shield: life/life on block/reservation/res shield. Looks like maybe 5-20ex. The hope is to be able to comfortably drop the small zealotry reservation node and still keep precision.
Gloves: pretty much anything better, but I'm really short on dex so it's tough to replace.
Belt: it's giving me a bunch of chaos res but if I can find it somewhere else, swap it out for darkness enthroned with 2x +minion damage if summoned minion recently/life/cast speed abyssal jewels.
Boots: Maybe a better double corruption, I guess.

Gems: more alt quality gems. Enlighten 4, alt quality gems. Woke gems. At least 21/20 gems lol.
Jewels: get corrupt blood immunity on one of the unique jewels. Change all others to minion damage if summoned minion recently / life / cast speed.

Tree: I could keep this as-is and swap out the reservation cluster for a life, block, or chaos res cluster. One thing to remember is that you could potentially get +effect and +attri (like dex) on a 3-pt small and get yourself actually a whole bunch of stats.
I could add a second large cluster and add small clusters (at least one block). One thing I'll probably do then is change amulet anoint to death attunement. Will probably have to drop the big life node and anointed flesh/asylum. Downside is that this will make me no longer curse (with flask) or chill immune.
Expensive option is to use a ilvl 84 12 pt large minion node. This is probably the best damage but very much more expensive of the three options.

There's a few other options to consider on my tree, depending on what you find important: safeguard is a nice wheel to have for spell block. Righteous decree can help a lot if you have mana issues, as well as the mastery for -10% cost (mana, by mystic bulwark). I found that mystic bulwark alone was more or less enough to take care of my mana issues, though. Divine shield keystone is very close. I haven't tried it - not sure if it's worth it while using a life on block shield. Maybe? Another option is to use aegis aurora. I might experiment with that as gwen gave me one early.

Orrrr I could be happy with my bossing ability as it is (and maybe get the really cheap upgrades like awakened generosity, etc) and make a new dude to speedrun maps because one thing this character does NOT have is movespeed. If flask is down, it's like swimming in molasses. With flask, it's only swimming in syrup.

Spectres: 2x carnage, 1x host, 1x arena master
No zombies because they just died died died.
AG: Kingmaker, mask of the stitched demon, southbound, garb of the ephemeral, brittle implicit boots.

List of map mods I did not run:
-max res (this got me killed. Never again).
-aura effect
-cooldown (this also got me killed)
buffs fall off faster (I rely heavily on bone offering for block)
crit (I never, ever run crit)
no regen
reduced recovery
-armour/block
ele reflect (you can actually do ele reflect just fine with blessed rebirth but it does mean your skeletons only last 4 seconds so I just said nah)

This regex will catch those mods (and possibly map names by low random chance): Buf|Rege|aura|cr.+mu|coo|bloc|reco|refl.+e|Max.+Re

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 25, 2022

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

marshalljim posted:

Any recommendations for ssf atlas passives? Right now I've got 90ish points and have maxed essences, strongboxes, and expedition, with some in Kirac and map drops, too.

I'm playing absolution Necro and will transition to skellie mages if I ever find the jewel. Looking for generally simple, low-effort mechanics that will impact ssf (so not necessarily currency returns).

Edit: current atlas tree

Im also SSF and I did Essences > Ritual > Heist > Expedition > Harvest. Ive completed all the regular t1-16 maps but missing some unique maps and other actual end-game points. My thought process was Essence first to help get starter gear, then Ritual and Heist for getting good bases or rarer things, and then Expedition so I can try and gamble certain uniques my build wants. Harvest is so that when I get one of those good bases I can get more reforges on it. If there is nothing specific you want from heist you can skip it, but I want the Psychotic Axe base for crafting. I will say you get a shitload of markers with the Heist nodes, I had like 30k markers before running some blueprints I got.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
I think you might be better off doing heist than expedition for dead reckoning because of how expensive it is to gamble jewels from gwen. Eater altars (don't know about exarch) also have drop uniques as an option so that will help you a lot as well, I'm sure.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

interrodactyl posted:

Congrats Elentor!

This is a cool build that might fit the bill.

https://youtu.be/kIv1fAR48OE

I tried a Queen's Demand(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3aslsSRWuc) build which is absolutely dank as gently caress, but it has a drawback of having to watch as a swarm of dudes come running directly for your face while the abilities take a second to actually explode. I think I'd enjoy playing it regardless of that drawback, as having big screen-sized firey explosions is too cool to not do, but without the currency to invest in a lot of defensive layers, I can't quite do it just yet.

I then tried this build you provided, and it's definitely not bad, but it's a super awkward playstyle. I found it really frustrating to have the golem I want to detonate actually detonate, as well as having my golems not really ever be in a good place. I feel like both of these are probably solved by good cluster jewels, but as above, I need more currency to invest to make it work.

I'm thinking of trying to combine the two of these. Having the golems would allow me to have a wall of minions between me and the monsters while I wait for Queen's Demand to explode. And if I need to, I can detonate golems to clear stuff that are not in a Queen's explosion. It's....working, in the most generous sense of the word, but again, currency concerns which are exacerbated by the fact that I need to rework my skill tree a bit and thus need a bunch of regrets which is also currency. But that said, I'm pretty confident in its long-term potential.

Thanks for this!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I’m trying CaptainLance’s ball lightning guardian as my final build of the league before jumping to Project Triangle Strategy, and it is definitely an awkward build to get online. With prices on a lot of items inflating quite a bit since he initially posted the build, and the build needing to travel all of the tree and use cluster jewels, it is something you should really wait until 80+ to switch into, but I was impatient and jumped in at level 69. I’ve only hit 72, since I couldn’t play a lot tonight, but it’s already starting to feel immortal.

I’ve been looking for a super chill 1 button build to play, and it took a while, but I am happy with it. You don’t have to worry about flasks, or buffs, or anything else really. Just bind RF to left click, and walk around casting ball lightning. You can press the other buttons on a boss, but otherwise you are good.

Brutal Restraint with 3 flasks, and 1 of them being a bismuth flask is not something I tried before, but it basically completely covers your Melding of The Flesh, with the option to throw in 2 more permanently on utility flasks. It is like a mini-mageblood, and definitely something I will try to incorporate in future builds. I’ll also mess around with skills other than Ball Lightning since this build is a good shell for any lightning spell.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I decided to put on Doppelganger Guise for the 40% less phys/chaos taken, and did a few Simulacrums and found that I actually have an issue with ele mitigation. Which is to say outside of just having over 7000 life pool and 75% res, and about 3000 regen/s, I don't really have any special ele mitigation. Like notably no spell suppression or max res, and not enough block for it to be all that good.

So now I'm thinking if I can maintain enough DPS to do all the bosses comfortably enough, it probably makes sense to just go for 90/90/90 res with Aegis Aurora. I'd be hoping to hit at least 10 million DPS with Aegis and a good scepter, something I think is achievable given that I'm at around 25 million with the triple damage staff now. Question though for when I was looking at potential uses of skill points to make it work: What block should I aim for? I think as it stands, I switch my Purity of Elements into Purity of Ice + Tempest Shield (I can always lower the level of my Clarity/Vitality and I will be taking an extra aura wheel so I'll get a little more reservation efficiency). Brine King + the 1% max res + ailment effect wheel near templar will mitigate chill/freeze, TS will mitigate shock. This puts me at 32/25 block baseline.

I'm looking at spending around 11 points to hit 75/75 block with Glancing Blows. If I didn't do this, I'd reinvest in damage/life nodes. Is Glancing Blows even good at the point that I have like 30-35k armor, Doppenganger Guise, and 90/90/90 res? The more I think about it the more I'm not even sure that Glancing Blows makes me take meaningfully less damage (it's like 20% more average damage taken but double hp gained from Aegis). 11 points is a lot to invest in damage as well, it's more than enough to get 2 full medium clusters and pick up a little extra life/crit I might have lost.

E: Lol actually since using RF is trivial with 90% fire res I wouldn't lose as much damage as I initially thought.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 25, 2022

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
Playing as an Ice Spear Deadeye, an Eater shrine offers me duplicated unique drops (some %) in exchange for the "downside" that my projectiles will fire in random directions. Free Sire of Shards for the rest of this map? Yeah, think I'm okay with that "downside."

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

So, don't do what I did. Don't go into a juiced map and try to get all three of the archnem challenge recipes you need at once, I tossed in a mirror image, trickster, innocence, then kitava. I unknowingly shoved myself and three other poor goons into a 30minute (I think, lost track of time) fight to the death. Poor sods sacrificed themselves early on to give me and skellies a fighting chance.

We prevailed, but holy crap, I was glad I had enduring cry (using it in place of a flask), I think that fight was harder and longer than shaper is now days.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Err, why not inno first?

But yeeeeah I made trickster once to get the recipe. Hoooo never again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm sure the idea behind the Trickster monster was a GGG dev going "You know how everyone loves the Whakawhakawhaka boss? What if they could fight that guy whenever they wanted to?"

No I will not use that map's real name, it does not deserve that honor.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

totalnewbie posted:

I did it again this league - I hit level 100.

Died 3 times at 40% which was very, very frustrating but none after that.

Here's my PoB:
https://pastebin.com/TrPsZ1Vj

My final point was +1 endurance charge. I was also using a different ring so I didn't have precision when I was pushing for 100. Otherwise, it's my character as I hit 100.

The helmet and the wand are the only two big items. The rest are pretty much run of the mill things that you can easily buy, craft, or buy a base and harvest spam until you hit.

I bought my wand for 42ex a bit ago, looks like it's about 70 now.
The helm looks like it's fine, about 20ex or maybe 30 for a good resist roll or something. Remember, you need +3 minion (or +2 at LEAST) and very much preferably an empty prefix so you can craft +1 skeleton.

I'm deciding what to do but there's a lot of things that could be improved:
Helm: better rolls (a mirror tier helm would literally double my DPS)
Wand: better rolls (didn't check what mirror tier would do but probably not as much as the helm)
Amulet: better rolls (not by much, not a big deal). I haven't checked if a good rare with +1 skeleton would be better.
Rings: something with minion damage
Shield: life/life on block/reservation/res shield. Looks like maybe 5-20ex. The hope is to be able to comfortably drop the small zealotry reservation node and still keep precision.
Gloves: pretty much anything better, but I'm really short on dex so it's tough to replace.
Belt: it's giving me a bunch of chaos res but if I can find it somewhere else, swap it out for darkness enthroned with 2x +minion damage if summoned minion recently/life/cast speed abyssal jewels.
Boots: Maybe a better double corruption, I guess.

Gems: more alt quality gems. Enlighten 4, alt quality gems. Woke gems. At least 21/20 gems lol.
Jewels: get corrupt blood immunity on one of the unique jewels. Change all others to minion damage if summoned minion recently / life / cast speed.

Tree: I could keep this as-is and swap out the reservation cluster for a life, block, or chaos res cluster. One thing to remember is that you could potentially get +effect and +attri (like dex) on a 3-pt small and get yourself actually a whole bunch of stats.
I could add a second large cluster and add small clusters (at least one block). One thing I'll probably do then is change amulet anoint to death attunement. Will probably have to drop the big life node and anointed flesh/asylum. Downside is that this will make me no longer curse (with flask) or chill immune.
Expensive option is to use a ilvl 84 12 pt large minion node. This is probably the best damage but very much more expensive of the three options.

There's a few other options to consider on my tree, depending on what you find important: safeguard is a nice wheel to have for spell block. Righteous decree can help a lot if you have mana issues, as well as the mastery for -10% cost (mana, by mystic bulwark). I found that mystic bulwark alone was more or less enough to take care of my mana issues, though. Divine shield keystone is very close. I haven't tried it - not sure if it's worth it while using a life on block shield. Maybe? Another option is to use aegis aurora. I might experiment with that as gwen gave me one early.

Orrrr I could be happy with my bossing ability as it is (and maybe get the really cheap upgrades like awakened generosity, etc) and make a new dude to speedrun maps because one thing this character does NOT have is movespeed. If flask is down, it's like swimming in molasses. With flask, it's only swimming in syrup.

Spectres: 2x carnage, 1x host, 1x arena master
No zombies because they just died died died.
AG: Kingmaker, mask of the stitched demon, southbound, garb of the ephemeral, brittle implicit boots.

List of map mods I did not run:
-max res (this got me killed. Never again).
-aura effect
-cooldown (this also got me killed)
buffs fall off faster (I rely heavily on bone offering for block)
crit (I never, ever run crit)
no regen
reduced recovery
-armour/block
ele reflect (you can actually do ele reflect just fine with blessed rebirth but it does mean your skeletons only last 4 seconds so I just said nah)

This regex will catch those mods (and possibly map names by low random chance): Buf|Rege|aura|cr.+mu|coo|bloc|reco|refl.+e|Max.+Re

A good write up of skelemages and item suggestions, I like to min/max a character before moving onto the next and you seemed to of maxed it as far as you can reasonably take it, but yeah it's a rather slow playstyle and the worst part is there is no way to speed up the summoning animation before the skeletons start firing which can make timed legion clearing feel bad.

Couple of my own discoveries from gearing my skelemage:

With darkness enthroned if you use two jewels with chance to avoid stun and harvest craft a chance to avoid stuns implicit on any other jewel you will hit stun immunity
Essences of fear spammed on influenced gloves with mark effect or minion damage can get you some pretty good gloves with +50 attribute/70 life/guaranteed 30% minion damage consistently and fairly cheaply and the not-good-enoughs will sell moderately well.

Only obvious upgrade I could spot you getting is replacing your 12 dex/6% life jewel with a good ghastly jewel.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 25, 2022

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm playing twinked base scion with saboteur node mine trapper this league and I gotta say even in the context of playing a miner and a trapper the ascendant saboteur node sucks.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I'm alphaing things for 40k damage at level 30

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ascendant just sucks. All of the cool stuff is in the Ranger part, so you can never take more than one at once. Some passives have good numbers, but if thats what you're after why not play Berserker or Elementalist? Maybe there's something you can do with totems and maybe mana Ascendants can be cool in a world where mana builds aren't terrible, but right now its just so bad.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Ascendant Sabo was much better when blind was a bigger portion of Sabo's defense. That got massively nerfed and Sabo defenses switched to favoring the DR on blind instead which Ascendant doesn't get.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wuxi posted:

Ascendant just sucks. All of the cool stuff is in the Ranger part, so you can never take more than one at once. Some passives have good numbers, but if thats what you're after why not play Berserker or Elementalist? Maybe there's something you can do with totems and maybe mana Ascendants can be cool in a world where mana builds aren't terrible, but right now its just so bad.

Honestly because I just thought the idea of using the shittiest jewels in the game, scion saboteur node, funny.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Elentor posted:

Friends, I'm officially hired as Last Epoch's Technical Artist and cleared to say so. I shall unleash a new wave of Delirium fog upon all games.

That's awesome, congrats!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjbBXrfXQXM

This build is my favorite thing forever now. I legit thought using mines to create traps was one of those forbidden interactions but no, it's beautiful.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Why no totems?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lazy

J
Jun 10, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Why no totems?

Rube Goldberg machine build with whatever combination of spell totems, traps, mines, arcanist brand, and some slow spell to maximize the time between button press and damage happening.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
oh actually maybe here's a good build question: whats a good build for learning and killing maven for the first time

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Understandable

J posted:

Rube Goldberg machine build with whatever combination of spell totems, traps, mines, arcanist brand, and some slow spell to maximize the time between button press and damage happening.

Blastchain Mine - Trap - Spell Totem - Arcanist Brand - Cold Snap (slowest base cast speed at 0.85s, maybe an alt-quality gem can get you slower but :effort:) while equipping a min rolled Plume of Pursuit (-30% cast speed), The Anvil (-10% cast speed) and a +2 Curse/+2 AoE Shackles of the Wretched with a level 21 Temporal Chains socketed (-32% action speed). I think that would be sufficiently slow.

e: Is self-chill still a thing? That would make things even slower.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 25, 2022

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Jinnigan posted:

oh actually maybe here's a good build question: whats a good build for learning and killing maven for the first time

Anything with good sustain and the tankiness to survive mistakes. You're not going to learn jack poo poo going in with a 20mil dps glass cannon, thats for sure.
My favourite would probably be RF/Fire Trap Inquisitor. Very tanky, regens a few thousand hp/sec and does decent damage thanks to the fire trap buffs.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I beat Maven for the second time ever last night with spiders. Died once to the memory game when I didn't realize it had started and had to just guess, and died once to the big explosion thing when I didn't realize it was starting and couldn't make it to the platform in time.

Also had the easiest Uber atziri I've ever had, witnessed but maven. Just completely chill without ever even getting close to death.

Gonna do the feared today probably, little nervous about resummoning spiders during the fight but overall this is a ridiculous bosser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Thinking about it I'd say that Inquisitor is probably the strongest ascendancy right now, either that or maybe Saboteur/Occultist. The amount of sustain you trivially get coupled with the big ehp from a hybrid setup coupled with an ascendancy that basically works with any elemental spell. Most meta builds work because the skill they use is busted, Inquisitor just works.