Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why in god's name won't this poo poo download the day one patch on steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ok yeah assuming the Tree Sentinel is the games way of saying "hey you can just walk around some enemies of you want"

Belan
May 7, 2007
Big Picture Mode might fix controller issues.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Somebody please tell me how to make this thing move

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I had to disable the Steam Overlay to make it not crash, just in case someone else is having the same problem.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
You can have a darksign tatoo? Why did nobody tell me that.

Also the old person option is really well developed, very good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I immediately died

Good to be back

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So, Easy Anti-Cheat has decided that a small app I've used for the last 10+ years that helps me move windows around my screen with hotkeys is "untrusted."

gently caress you.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Played for most of the day on Xbox as wretch. Found 5 bosses, beat 3, found traps that led me to endgame areas, found an insane underground area the size of half the map, think I started like 4 quest lines (one involving a living pot whose but was stuck in a hole that wants to enter a tournament in a far off castle),

It’s good poo poo

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
PRAISE THE ELDEN RING!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Feel like I could spend all day in this character creator :stare:

VictualSquid posted:

Also the old person option is really well developed, very good.

:hai:

So glad to have my kickass old lady back.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jerusalem posted:

Feel like I could spend all day in this character creator :stare:

I have zero imagination for these so I just made some basic decisions and had Similar Face do the work for me.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

lunar detritus posted:

I had to disable the Steam Overlay to make it not crash, just in case someone else is having the same problem.

Yea I crashed after the intro cutscene ended and this fixed it thanks. Hopefully this helps others.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I miss kicking already

Also not sure if it's server or what but the game keeps stopping then catching back up, little annoying

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Getting three seconds of a white screen then a crash to desktop.

Cool.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I always have a fear of messing up my builds. Any good tips? I usually end up with dex builds but was thinking magic or big weapon + armor this time. Was it DS3 where heavy armor was bad? Is this the same?

Yes I know it just released an hour ago lol

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

First one I've seen:

https://twitter.com/bideojames4/status/1496997638767407120

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

drat, this owns so far

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
here we go
HOW BOUT I ELD YOUR RING?????

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

My 8bitdo pro 2 works great

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Also love that you can place your own notes on the map. Have a ton of poo poo noted that I’ll come back to and have already.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
okay i usually go with trying to make a freaky person but this time i tried to make the beautiful witch from Banjo Kazooie, Gruntilda

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Also found a way to entirely skip the first major castle/boss bottleneck.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Stealth is actually important! Or at least useful

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
30fps intro cutscene, game trash refunding 0/10

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Booted back to the menu with a message that fps is too low. On a laptop with a 2060 and i5 10300 which granted isn't hot poo poo, but really?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

One hour in the game has 4.5x the Steam players than From’s previous biggest game and is now second only to Cyberpunk ever in terms of concurrents for a full price game. Crazy.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
so sad steve jobs died of limgrave

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I somehow managed to avoid reading any sort of information or hype for this game other than some absolute fucker wrote some of the lore maybe and now I hear it comes out later tonight for ps5.
Hopefully it's as good as Dark Souls 3

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Olewithmilk posted:

Controller doesn't work either, 8bitDo Pro2. Going to have to hope my wired xbox controller is findable

SOLUTION (for me): Go to Windows Game Controllers (widows key, search GAME CONTROLLERS), click Advanced... on the dropdown for preferred device SELECT YOUR CONTROLLER. Try again.

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006
Elden Ring: Breath of the Vile

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've never played a DS game before but I put in like 7 hours today lol. I started as the Catholic class, and now have a holy mace and can breathe fire.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
yeeeep D3d12 missing. pretty sure i have to get Win10.

shite.

trying a quick graphics card update but looks like i self-owned myself

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A dang dog bit me in twain!

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Played 5 minutes, died 3 times. It's a Souls game allright.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
RE: CONTROLLER NOT WORKING TALK

I got my 8bitdo controller working. That stupid mother loving piece of poo poo oval office licking worthess waste of space Easy Anti Cheat was causing it. Because of loving course it was.

When I quit the game it was complaining about a tiny little Windows app I've been using for 10+ years that lets you move windows around the screen with hotkeys. I exited that app, relaunched the game, and poof. Controller works like a charm.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Willfrey posted:

yeeeep D3d12 missing. pretty sure i have to get Win10.

shite.

trying a quick graphics card update but looks like i self-owned myself

Ah that stinks - Windows 7 support was discontinued Jan 2020 though. I believe it's a free upgrade though.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Man the pc performance is a joke for a game that looks like it was released in 2016, take a cue from Horizon Zero dawn!

Anyway, can't wait to visit every little corner of the world!

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

Ah that stinks - Windows 7 support was discontinued Jan 2020 though. I believe it's a free upgrade though.

its been a while coming i know i needed to do it now i have a real reason to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Finger Maidens? I barely know any!