Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I tried a couple of the tutorial dudes with the two handed axe and got nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I can't believe the game is not only out, but it's as good or better than I wanted it to be, and I also have the next 4 days off work to play it. Incredible

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the hype got me bros. installing now

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hell yeah

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's a loving virus.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

So glad we got a new from opening cutscene that details all the gods well be stamping into the ground by end of game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Going to stream me beating this guys rear end.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PC imps weighing in on Performance pushed me over the edge.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lets goooooo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's a loving virus.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
feels weird to say this, but this is absolutely the greatest game ever made lol

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

running and jumping not using stamina when youre not in combat was a really smart choice. running around like a moron exploring every little corner ftw

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

That Little Demon posted:

feels weird to say this, but this is absolutely the greatest game ever made lol

agreed, ill prolly like it even more somehow after i play it too

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Already found poison water, miyazaki you drat genius

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
It’s a little choppy on my pic but overall playable. On the fence about my pc upgrade now

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Rough install, but after verifying, the game runs perfectly.
Fromsoft doesn't miss, this game loving rules so far.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 25, 2022

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

i absolutely love that this is the only thread on the internet i can read while i wait for ps unlock. its just getting me hype and everyone is respectfully not getting too detailed

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There is an easy mode in this game after all. Just lay down a message that everyone loves, you get a small heal every time someone upvotes your messages. I put a message that said "Behold, bug!" next to some bugs in a cave and am well over 100 upvotes already, constantly getting free heals. It's absurd.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kongming posted:

There is an easy mode in this game after all. Just lay down a message that everyone loves, you get a small heal every time someone upvotes your messages. I put a message that said "Behold, bug!" next to some bugs in a cave and am well over 100 upvotes already, constantly getting free heals. It's absurd.
Is that what happens when your dude randomly starts glowing sometimes? I can't figure out what any of these little buff icons mean and its pissing me off.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Really want a physical copy but hoipe levels got me strongly considering buying digital

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

American McGay posted:

Is that what happens when your dude randomly starts glowing sometimes? I can't figure out what any of these little buff icons mean and its pissing me off.

You get a big prompt that says "Message appraised" in the middle of the screen when it happens. It's honestly kind of obnoxious and am considering deleting the message lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kongming posted:

There was some message right at the beginning that was just something like “behold elden ring!” That had 9999 appraisals less than half an hour after launch.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol I have to unplug my kb and mouse before I launch the game or else the game won’t recognize my ancient xbox 360 controller :doh:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Really want a physical copy but hoipe levels got me strongly considering buying digital

It’s insanely epic, dude. I’ve said holy poo poo out loud multiple times already

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kongming posted:

the easy mode hack in dark souls 3 was to put a dozen messages saying “dark souls ahead” one step forward from where you spawn at the beginning of the game

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

It's wonderful.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

im going to throw my body at this tree warden until he dies

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mbt posted:

im going to throw my body at this tree warden until he dies

he keeps killing me with his 'destroy framerate' attack

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Based.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Assy One, bling me more turds.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Assy One, gild me more turds.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I changed it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I keep forgetting I can jump to dodge attacks, I feel like I'm going to be much more powerful when I work that into my combat rhythm

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

game is badass. i wandered off and found the swamp area full of really difficult enemies before i even unlocked levelling up

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the messages on the ground near some of the mindblowing vistas in this game that just say “Amazing Elden Ring” are the realest poo poo ever

and the guy whos leaving messages saying “Dog.” by animals that are absolutely not dogs is fuckin cracking me up

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dongicus posted:

game is badass. i wandered off and found the swamp area full of really difficult enemies before i even unlocked levelling up

my plan is to book it into the distance as soon as i get my horse, in every direction until i cant anymore

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

the messages on the ground near some of the mindblowing vistas in this game that just say “Amazing Elden Ring” are the realest poo poo ever

and the guy whos leaving messages saying “Dog.” by animals that are absolutely not dogs is fuckin cracking me up
The one by the turtle lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

American McGay posted:

The one by the turtle lmao.

lol that guy’s getting free heals for life