Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/AriNatter/statu...ingawful.com%2F

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
DeJoy is still gonna be postmaster in 2024, I am fairly certain.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

the "Biden administration?" Who does he think he is, the President?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, biden's complete unwillingness to replace dejoy because he agrees with everything dejoy does had consequences! who could have possibly predicted such an outcome?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Personally I can't wait to find out how it's the left's fault that Texas is gonna commit genocide, Biden is gonna start World War 3, and America is gonna balkanize

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

the ukraine is going to get destroyed in 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So will the Democrats

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

DeJoy is still gonna be postmaster in 2036, I am fairly certain.

FTFY

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/...ingawful.com%2F

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Lol things looking grim for team dem

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
p sure this ukraine business will be just the opportunity they need for a comeback

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Don't worry, it'll inspire people to VOTE

https://twitter.com/EBONAFIED/status/1496833264664952841?s=20&t=PhdCeebUDRRkYksbcmUXXA

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Givingthegameaway.txt

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Is the SotU still scheduled for next week?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

Tuesday night.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Thoguh posted:

Tuesday night.

I can't wait to see the highlight reel of that poo poo show

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

"poo poo's hosed, yo." Mic drop, walk out.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

I can't wait to see the highlight reel of that poo poo show

It just occurred to me that Biden is probably gonna be off of the schedule they keep him on to peak for occasional big events because he had to go out of cycle for all the meetings he's having yesterday and today. Gonna be amazing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Thoguh posted:

It just occurred to me that Biden is probably gonna be off of the schedule they keep him on to peak for occasional big events because he had to go out of cycle for all the meetings he's having yesterday and today. Gonna be amazing.

start a betting pool on his eyeballs exploding again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in any case at least we have a popular and intelligent vice president...right? right?!?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Her?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

in any case at least we have a popular and intelligent vice president...right? right?!?

if enough people die that could conceivably happen, i guess. that'd be very far down the line of succession, though.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Excelzior posted:

start a betting pool on his eyeballs exploding again

Only thing I watch for these days. can't wait

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

The dems have already been destroyed in 2022

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/Gerryinpa/status/1496845357086650370?s=20&t=P6ghSDsmA2qoZqGJ81RAow

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I suggest removing government dependence for this dumbfuck's (and only this dumbfuck) social security

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Foo Diddley posted:

p sure this ukraine business will be just the opportunity they need for a comeback

https://twitter.com/JackDetsch/status/1496953514387464196

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

They already did this though

And yeah, it did turn out to be escalatory

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1494349404211449870?cxt=HHwWnMC4hbS3_7wpAAAA

quote:

Last week, Dan Lamothe and Alex Horton published an expose in the Washington Post about the Biden administration’s evacuation of Afghanistan late last summer. This was a withdrawal that finally ended a war that never should have been, but the withdrawal was executed so sloppily that many U.S. troops were unnecessarily put in harm’s way, with a number of them killed outright. More importantly, thousands of people — American and Afghan — were left abandoned as the Taliban instantly filled the power vacuum and now rule over Afghanistan in totality. Mass starvation looms, if it hasn’t commenced already.

The Biden administration’s defense of the Afghan pullout boils down to them claiming that it was necessary (this part is correct), but that it couldn’t have been handled better because, well, war is just so darn crazy. Here is White House press secretary Jen Psaki, whose main accomplishment on the job thus far has been showing such a dismissive attitude toward free COVID test distribution that her boss ended up sending out those free tests just so people would stop being pissed off, explaining the fiasco thusly to Lamothe and Horton:

“I would just say if you look back at the specific planning steps we took, we did plan for a range of contingencies. … There wasn’t an anticipation that the Afghan National Security Forces would fall as they did, or as quickly as they did.”

In other words, they were prepared. They just weren’t prepared. And that has been Joe Biden’s presidency in a nutshell.

Joe Biden is out of excuses. He never should have had any. He won the 2020 election decisively. He took over the White House while having both houses of Congress in his pocket. He was a veteran of the Hill who, I foolishly presumed, understood not only how things are done in Washington, but how that process has evolved since he first won elected office in 1973. Best of all, he wasn’t Donald Trump. Those are all good things, and Biden’s first 100 days showed him cashing in on all of that political capital. He presided over a comprehensive and free vaccine rollout, and he crafted a nearly $2 trillion stimulus fund that included direct payments, paid leave, extended unemployment benefits, small business grants and a trove of other goodies.

He has done precious little ever since. Democrats failed to get a minimum wage increase into that stimulus bill, with eight Democrats even voting against it. That failure would soon repeat itself in every other vital initiative Biden tried to get off the ground. He banked his first term on passing the Build Back Better Act — an ambitious proposal that could have potentially reinforced and redesigned the American social safety net — only to have it killed by a single, awful Democratic Senator. He pivoted to a large-scale plan to protect voting rights only to have that entire project killed by a different awful Democratic Senator. He seized $7 billion in frozen Afghanistan funds and then split the baby between the Taliban and 9/11 victims. One of Biden’s former associates — a crony, really — will oversee the doling out of that money, while skimming a hefty amount of it off the top for his trouble.

In many ways, it feels as if Biden’s presidency is already over. He let the unemployment benefits and tax breaks from his stimulus bill expire. A historic rise in price inflation has wiped out many gains that working class Americans made on his watch. When the omicron variant ravaged an already exhausted nation and the CDC responded with mixed messages on quarantining and mask-wearing, Biden stood idly by, exacerbating a partisan fight over virus prevention that never should have existed to begin with. Politico reported that Biden has been more apt to listen to New York Times columnist David Leonhardt for pandemic guidance than his own experts. He could have taken cues from even worse columnists over there, I suppose.

Speaking of worse, Roe vs. Wade stands to be overturned roughly four months from now, and from what I can tell, Biden’s only move to prevent this calamity has been a sternly worded statement that Brett Kavanaugh will crumple up and toss into a barbecue pit. Saudi Arabia, home to Osama bin Laden and the majority of the 9/11 hijackers, is about to jack up the price of oil across the world, despite Biden’s pleading for them not to. Republicans wanna put a lock on every uterus, shred every mail-in voting ballot and throw every book about slavery into a blast furnace, and they’re succeeding. Right now. Despite having no executive power of any kind. All of Biden’s adversaries have counted on him proving weak and helpless, and they’ve been right in doing so.

All this begs the question: Does Joe Biden even know he’s president? Does he give a s—t? After voters risked COVID and endless waits at the polls to vote him into office, and after the New Georgia Project and other grassroots organizations helped provide him with the legislative clout he needed to re-engineer this country into something better, it feels as if he has no power of any kind. He’s uninterested in confronting the student debt crisis, even though he has the ability to expunge it with a stroke of his pen. He’s shown no ambition to use the vaccine rollout to create a wider, and permanent, free health care system. Sea levels will rise a foot by 2050, but the next time I hear “Green New Deal” out of Biden’s mouth will be the first. Faced with a Federalist Society wet dream of a Supreme Court hellbent on destroying millions of lives, he formed an exploratory committee to expand the court. That committee refused to decide on court expansion one way or the other.

This is where I get pissed off. All my life, Democrats have been terrified of governing. When Republicans take office, they have very little compunction about using power, and often abusing it. Joe Biden won the Democratic nomination in 2020 thanks to a bloodless Democratic power play that consolidated every other candidate’s following in order to crush Bernie Sanders. These people have it within them to be ruthless, too. So where the f—k are they?

I am sick to death of this. I’m sick of voting out evil politicians only to be saddled with merely ineffective ones. I’m sick of Democrats treating every Republican victory as a winning campaign message for themselves two years down the road. I’m sick of having to actively search around for good things Biden and his party have done, like I’m trying to find a pair of lost sunglasses. Their accomplishments are rarely, if ever, self-evident. I’m sick of Kyrsten Sinema. I’m REALLY sick of Joe Manchin. I’m sick of watching American cynicism get handsomely rewarded by Biden and by his spineless compatriots.

But cynicism is what’s called for at the moment. It’s not merely that Biden has been a lousy president; it’s that I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he’ll STOP being lousy. I have no faith that he’ll get his Supreme Court pick through. I have no faith that he’ll be able to resurrect Build Back Better, whether in its original form or piecemeal. I have no faith he’ll do anything monumental this year, or any other year of his term. Why would I? What has he done to give me a reason to believe in him?

I briefly had high hopes for Joe Biden, and that’s on me. I’m an even bigger sucker than he is. I should have learned my lesson from his old boss, and from every other Democrat who’s had the chance to do great things and then pissed it all away.

:unsmigghh:

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Feb 24, 2022

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Brandon and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Party

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Death to the Democrats

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

it's going to be a repeat of the hungarian invasion by ussr i guess :shrug:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ex post facho posted:

Speaking of worse, Roe vs. Wade stands to be overturned roughly four months from now, and from what I can tell, Biden’s only move to prevent this calamity has been a sternly worded statement that Brett Kavanaugh will crumple up and toss into a barbecue pit. Saudi Arabia, home to Osama bin Laden and the majority of the 9/11 hijackers, is about to jack up the price of oil across the world, despite Biden’s pleading for them not to. Republicans wanna put a lock on every uterus, shred every mail-in voting ballot and throw every book about slavery into a blast furnace, and they’re succeeding. Right now. Despite having no executive power of any kind. All of Biden’s adversaries have counted on him proving weak and helpless, and they’ve been right in doing so.

lol forever at the dems

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

check out the big brain on brandon

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Democrats will be destroyed in 2022 and take us all with them.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It's a very capitalistic attitude: everything's about personal responsibility. It's up to you - yes, you! - to work harder to enact change, but it's not the responsibility of the elites in charge to lift a finger to help.

Didn't mitigate climate change get the change you want? Well, you should have pulled yourself up by the bootstraps and worked harder!

Hate to admit it but the smug poo poo from libs really gets to me sometimes

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Absolutely no loving pity for the author of this piece, as well as anyone only just now having buyer's remorse over their support of a loving brain-damaged rapist.

Goddamn, these people are the loving worst and are gonna go right back to being insufferable pricks for whatever new, impotent bullshit the Dems will no doubt try to gin up in the coming months that nobody will end up buying in sufficient numbers to change their fate.

Furthermore, the Democratic Party should be destroyed.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

hey check it out everyone, a guy who sucks rear end

https://twitter.com/NickMalawskey/status/1494351758595870720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Guarantee you that guys gonna be like 'why didn't you vote?' when the Dems get destroyed in 256 days