Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

nurf nurf nurf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Bloodseeker aghs is like a rot that scales with your max HP and can't be spam toggled, it's kinda neat but seems like you gotta build differently to make it take off

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've seen some crazy good core marcis but man I can never get it to work. She dies so fast and can't farm well..

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've never played marci myself, but prior to this patch, the successful core marcis were all mids and offlaners who go get kills at 6, and then look for kills everytime the ult is off cooldown (which i think is every 60-70 seconds). You don't want to go looking for team fights, just pick offs, unless your team has really good team fight heroes. Marci has good mobility to gank and get out, though the new pounce change will no doubt have an impact on doing this.

Shes not a hit creeps hero at all unless you go bf or maelstrom, and if your doing that your getting your armlet and/or bkb timing a little too late.

Im a little curious on your build if you find her squishy. Her lifesteal is pretty good, and armlet and bkb help your survivability a tonne.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Marci's horn toss owns on low mmr laning phase since people don't expect it.

You can do that with the vector targeted tusk kick now too, kick backwards...but not at level one/two.

Sing thought PB would be a comp staple after he played him with initiate, stats, and cc, but I guess we'll see.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Primal Beast turn rate increased from 0.5 to 0.6

Onslaught run speed increased from 1150 to 1200

Trample mana cost decreased from 90/95/100/105 to 90/85/80/75

Trample cooldown decreased from 30/28/26/24 to 30/27/24/21

Trample based damage increased from 20/30/40/50 to 20/35/50/65

Trample now has correct dispel rules

Uproar stack duration increased from 15s to 20s

Pulverize now works with items that increase cast range

Primal Beast Level 20 Trample damage talent increased from +20% to +30%

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Is higher turn rate faster or slower turning

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Geight posted:

Is higher turn rate faster or slower turning

Faster.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I played PB my first game of the patch and then he's been banned every single game.

Why do people hate fun

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Because Im sick of seeing him dominate on the other team while being absolutely garbage on mine. :byewhore:

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Sab669 posted:

I played PB my first game of the patch and then he's been banned every single game.

Why do people hate fun

A tale as old as time.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
So they just didn't playtest the rubick changes at all, huh?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I kinda agree with the people that say this patch is underwhelming given how long it was in the oven. The biggest changes were a new hero that sucked, a Techies rework that sucked, and a bunch of jungle changes that are good for 3-4 heroes and annoying for everyone else.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I've gotten 10 games in, not loving it. The jungle feels marginally more antagonistic. Sometimes creeps just autocast their abilities and you fail to stack because of it.

Most of my heroes feel not appreciably different.

It definitely feels under / untested in some regard.

AND they reintroduced circles not being drawn, which is really the worst part of all.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I really dislike the Techies change. I've never played the hero, but it kills the uniqueness.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Old techies was unique but also awful. I am glad they removed him from the game

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love primal beast but the rest of the changes yeah. Like oh boy they made anti mage way more obnoxious. They didn't really fix any of the characters that suck, there's no new neutral items or anything to shake things up much.

PB doesn't even feel completely finished, none of his voice wheel lines work and his voice acting itself sounds placeholder lol.

I feel like the lukewarm reception will just have valve throw up their hands and decide since the players are unpleasable they shouldnt bother.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Old techies was unique but also awful. I am glad they removed him from the game

I'd rather have old techies than an antimage or tinker meta thats for fuckin sure.

Corla Plankun posted:

So they just didn't playtest the rubick changes at all, huh?

I haven't had a chance to see how rubick's agh works out in practice, but they definitely didn't think Naga's through. She's now one of the worst pushing carries in the game since creeps stop being able to survive 5 hits to proc riptide :lol:

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 26, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's fixed now but for a little while if you stole fissure and a toggle-able ability you could stunlock people from full to dead with Rubick if you had shard. I get the idea that there's *so* many combinations that it would be hard to manually test all of them, but they also have a test client that they just don't use anymore that would be great for catching this kind of thing!

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the patch but I think it's mostly okay. Feels like nobody got dumpstered this patch except arguably Techies, and maybe Morph cause you can't do shotgun builds anymore? But maybe that's not such a big deal, I dunno.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Im disappointed they didn't remove Sniper from the game

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Geight posted:

It's fixed now but for a little while if you stole fissure and a toggle-able ability you could stunlock people from full to dead with Rubick if you had shard. I get the idea that there's *so* many combinations that it would be hard to manually test all of them, but they also have a test client that they just don't use anymore that would be great for catching this kind of thing!

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the patch but I think it's mostly okay. Feels like nobody got dumpstered this patch except arguably Techies, and maybe Morph cause you can't do shotgun builds anymore? But maybe that's not such a big deal, I dunno.

techies got mega dumpstered

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
New hero gets some credit for not being some weird cute design but then loses some for being another offlaner with wacky line abilities. It feels like they they have two people designing heros for the last few years and one is some dude who got fired from Riot and the other is a tidehunter player who just learned how to implement vector targeting.

Patch overall feels underwhelming but I can’t pinpoint if it’s actually bad or if I just got myself hyped up because I wanted to see something interesting. They have introduced a lot of new systems in the last few years and it would be cool to see iterations on stuff like aghs shard and neutral items (which are still bad and dumb) instead of an incredibly “meh” jungle update and a disappointing techies rework.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 26, 2022

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Would have been nice to see some new neutrals at least

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Some new neutral items to go with the new neutrals would've made sense yeah.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's probably awful in a serious game but right click primal beast being like an even more extreme version of tiny is good for a laugh, just right clicking for 800 damage without crits.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Neutral Items actually feel like they're in a great spot since removing some of the really bad ones last patch

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why did icefraud turn against jungling. It was part of the game for like 20 years.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Anyone use flicker? I'm hoeny to see it against loser like the ogre magi such a spammable dispel

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Zeus seems a lot worse now!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didnt realize this but both teams can use UL's fiends gate lmao

Geight posted:

Zeus seems a lot worse now!

just go shard/mom, easy!

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 27, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That build is actually legit on bat now so maybe it would work on zeus too but I dunno

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Zeus' winrate dropped 7% on Dotabuff.com lol

Who knew taking away a free significant source of damage would hurt him so.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I think Techies should be allowed to cast reactive tazer on allies without needing aghs and should get an aghs that brings back minefield sign to do something cool instead.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The resident Techies picker in my group hates the changes in general, but especially the changes to Prox Mines' detonation timing and all the subtle things like that that you've built into memory over dozens, or even hundreds, of games lol.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

techies is functionally a completely new hero and not a particularly interesting one, F

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
primal beast should get his shard ability by default and should have an aghs that gives him armor while channeling ult and the ability to pick up and smash 2 heros together

this is balanced by the fact that his name rhymes with “primal yeast” and this is funny to say

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Armor while channeling your ult? Crystal Maiden does not appreciate anyone trying to muscle in on her turf :colbert:

Seems kinda unecessary though given the hero has like the highest Strength/gain in the game and the ulti repeatedly mini stuns :shrug: Shard could absolutely be better though

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My 5000 IQ expectations for PB nerfs:

Strength gain reduction
Free base damage on Uproar removed
Trample duration scaling per level
Onslaught charge scaling per level

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

My 5000 IQ expectations for PB nerfs:

Strength gain reduction
Free base damage on Uproar removed
Trample duration scaling per level
Onslaught charge scaling per level

He got buffed a day or two ago and he's still one of the shittiest heroes in the game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea he went from a 36% WR to 45%

He's not getting nerfed lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's absolutely insane to me that's the case, he's insanely powerful.

I'm going to bet it's mostly people just building him totally wrong. Not that everyone is as good as Iceiceice, but his games on beast make a pretty convincing case.

minipatch nearly having lycan's shard wolf damage is unsurprising, along with the mana cost reduction change.