Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gresh posted:

jesus its amazing how so many accounts on twitter are instantly trying to take credit for every explosion video on twitter...who the gently caress knows what is what

https://twitter.com/paulmcleary/status/1497051595980230660

how did an anti-air battery get into kiev already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Sadly it looks like the twitter people celebrated too early, the plane that was taken down was a ukranian plane according to CNN

rip of ghost of kyiv

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

very carefully

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

papersack posted:

Not a pressing issue. That's a tomorrow Biden's problem.

Which is coincidentally Biden from 10 years ago because he can't form memories anymore

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Lol they legitimately can't stop Biden from sundowning as Europes worst crisis since ww2 rages. Pathetic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

All jokes aside that must be loving terrifying

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

1stGear posted:

We're not gonna get even remotely accurate counts of casualties for aaaaaaages, for propaganda reasons, opsec reasons, and fog of war reasons.

ukrainian sources are now reporting 69 downed aircraft, 420 vehicle kills, and 80085 russians killed or captured. incredible...

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

shyduck posted:

9am eastern lmao

need fiz to give us a clue on what they are pumping biden full of to get any lucidity out of him

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

All jokes aside that must be loving terrifying

Dementia is a very scary process for both the elder and the country they govern

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it's a complete slaughter... IN PRICES!!!

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i believe there were videos earlier of some Russian Iskandir missiles or whatever they're called moving into Ukraine from Belarus

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Worst case hell world scenario assuming that downed Ukranian plane is the Ghost Of Kiev, if he is real.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Wonder if I can play war thunder with Ukrainians right now.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

There was a map tracking reported attacks that indicated a spearhead had reached the north side of Kyiv. If it was the armor that supposedly came out of Belarus, they might have a position set up that isn't capable of actually pressing into the city but can make the airspace above unpleasant.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I guess he's going to discuss their options. The meeting should last zero seconds.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Just about anything can carry a mobile SAM if the CNN stuff is right. They said the initial fireball was below the clouds. So it probably too low for a proper AA battery. But who knows

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I wanna know who was the mysterious chilean wonk with the column about the west spreading democracy!! I'm getting so mad!!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

I wanna know who was the mysterious chilean wonk with the column about the west spreading democracy!! I'm getting so mad!!

its the insane chilean poster in d&d who loves pinochet

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Gresh posted:

i believe there were videos earlier of some Russian Iskandir missiles or whatever they're called moving into Ukraine from Belarus
Iskander is a ground to ground missile.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lol at NATO freaking out. how do you think Ukraine feels

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Death By The Blues posted:

Lol they legitimately can't stop Biden from sundowning as Europes worst crisis since ww2 rages. Pathetic.

It's 4 hours ahead of today which was 12+ hours after war started

I bet his handlers were operating on a office work mentality and didn't think Putin would actually do anything until 5pm on a Friday so they were working Biden up to making a coherent speech Friday or Saturday but got caught off guard

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
lol germans turned off all their reactors over a tsunami half a world away

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

redneck nazgul posted:

do we have any textbooks on soviet defensive doctrine?

Several. Look up any book by Glantz.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Al-Saqr posted:

Sadly it looks like the twitter people celebrated too early, the plane that was taken down was a ukranian plane according to CNN

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1497053476492300303?t=k-PfF2h_vapPyb-PdcJtnQ&s=19

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1497053476492300303

unstated comedy option: RU SAM shot down RU Aircraft

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

NBC interviewing some lady at a gas station in Chicago: "it's out of control! I can't believe I'm paying $5/gallon to fill up my tank now!"

Really puts it into perspective imo

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I guess he's going to discuss their options. The meeting should last zero seconds.

Turning the giant crank on the machine that generates both weapons and cash it is then

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
5) Nothing got blown up and the air above the city just did that.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

eXXon posted:

NBC interviewing some lady at a gas station in Chicago: "it's out of control! I can't believe I'm paying $5/gallon to fill up my tank now!"

That is some powrful username energy.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Danann posted:

rip of ghost of kyiv

can't kill a ghost sweatie :cool:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Oh that guy. If it makes anyone feel better I'm pretty sure that guy's from Valparaíso, which means his levels of ""cope"" and ""seethe"" are extremely high by local politics standards as well

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what thef uck lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Turn on CNN if you want to feel like you're tripping balls but are totally sober

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
6) lentils

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Danann posted:

Dogs, cats, living together, mass hysteria

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

eXXon posted:

yes it does, exxon.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

what thef uck lmao

would you be surprised to learn he is a small business tyrant

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Tulip posted:

i see 137 as military+civilians, but that seems extremely unlikely. I've seen a few suggestions of "hundreds" of civilians but like I'm in the COVID thread a lot and most countries can't even keep count of how many people die in their own hospitals as a live update so I figure that we'll probably see people fighting over the number killed in history departments for decades.

i dunno if it's an official thing but the way that media has taken to reporting on casualties is that they only report what has been "confirmed" for whatever level of confirmation seems appropriate. it is supposed to deal with the problem where media would report "as many as X killed" based on guesses, estimates, missing people, etc. that would then have to be walked back when specific numbers were known. there was a lot of talk about it a while back because a number of conspiracy theories used those initial reports and the subsequent lower numbers to vaguely gesture at something sinister happening. so now we get implausibly low numbers being reported instead and we're supposed to read between the lines that the actual death tolls are going to be much, much worse.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

1stGear posted:

5) Nothing got blown up and the air above the city just did that.

locals reportedly told on the ground correspondents 'it just does that sometimes'

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Danann posted:

RU BM collides with RU aircraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Why are they meeting? I figured NATO members would have wargamed out a list of contingencies and would be responding from that list. What are they discussing? Telling members not to funnel arms to an insurgency?