Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Spivak is that Moldovan guy with the Hapsburg jaw who smothered and tapped out Tai Tuivasa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

jase1 posted:

200k on Spivac -220

Even my bookie double checked with me to make sure it was real. It’s the single largest bet I have ever made in my life.

The very first bet I ever made in my life was trying to beat my Uncle in putt putt when I was 11. I bet him $5 I could get a better score. It was all the money I had. My parents gave it to me for my good grades in school. My uncle showed no mercy and demolished me and took me 5 bucks. I cried all night and my mom and dad were pissed at my uncle. Little did I know that was the start of this insane loving journey that lead me to this. One thing I have never done in my life is beat my uncle in pool. It’s the one thing I failed at more than anything else. It’s kept my drive all theses years and what has made me successful. I don’t know why I’m sharing this I guess I’m just rambling and reminiscing about my life.

I love this story and that's exactly the sort of reason uncle's exist

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jase you are a legend and cancer is the fuckin worst. i always love watching you post your bets as someone from inside the industry and would often talk to my coworkers about your picks. count me in on the spivac bet

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
jase, sorry to have to face down your mortality like that. Sucks not knowing the hour or the day but that the month is around the corner.

I dunno if you have any goon contacts in real life, but I if I hear the news, I'll definitely pour one out for you.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Also betting on Spivak in solidarity!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

gonna have to find a way to bet on spivak from my dumb no online gambling state

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I'll join in on that bet, let's go Spivak!

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I don't even follow mma anymore and just have this thread subbed for nostalgia but drat, Jase, I wish you and spivak the best, go out with a bang!

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Watch us inadvertently shift the line on the fight by following Jase into glorious wager battle. War Spivak.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Spivak, who I had not heard of before this bet, is now the fighter I back the most. Go Sergey!

Edit: of course he's fought Travis Fulton... lol
Edit2: Oooooh, he's the guy who lost to Aspinall in Sept.

i can still taste him fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 26, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Jase I enjoyed your gambling/hustling thread immensely and really admire your ability to bet dispassionately. Having never gambled on even the fights I was sure of, I hope you clean house on Spivak and live to spend all the winnings with your wife.

Just think of it this way: the only thing tough enough to kill you is an evil clone of you, and you're still going to kick its rear end by being strong enough to endure more poison. Send cancer to hell.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 26, 2022

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

You're the best Jase. Your old stories thread of getting into scrapes in your youth blew my little mind back in the day. Thanks for hanging out with us.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Man, so sorry jase! This thread has brought me a ton of entertainment and is probably responsible for my own minor forays into gambling on MMA. :10bux: on Spivak

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Jase Sport Pagoda

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I put money in my draft kings account for the first time to bet $5 on Spivak and another $5 on Green because I hate money.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Watch us inadvertently shift the line on the fight by following Jase into glorious wager battle. War Spivak.

The Ontario Lottery corp has a sports betting book called PROLINE and Spivak/Hardy is the only fight on the 272 that isn't available to be bet on

https://prolineplus.olg.ca/en-ca/event-path/?p24288-MMA-International-UFC

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I was reminiscing with a friends tonight who stopped by unexpectedly and we talked a lot about MMA and some of the bets. Some of my favorite bets that came up was being on a pretty bad losing streak and desperately betting on Anderson Silva and knowing if he lost I would still be happy because I didn’t like him and Chris wideman or whatever his name is knocked him out.

I think I also bet on dada? who died shortly after.
The Robbie lawler bet was my favorite I think that was on of my first big mma wins. I also remember betting on Jose Aldo who got knocked out instantly against Conor. The ups and downs of betting mma are almost as exciting as the nfl.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

I was reminiscing with a friends tonight who stopped by unexpectedly and we talked a lot about MMA and some of the bets. Some of my favorite bets that came up was being on a pretty bad losing streak and desperately betting on Anderson Silva and knowing if he lost I would still be happy because I didn’t like him and Chris wideman or whatever his name is knocked him out.

I think I also bet on dada? who died shortly after.
The Robbie lawler bet was my favorite I think that was on of my first big mma wins. I also remember betting on Jose Aldo who got knocked out instantly against Conor. The ups and downs of betting mma are almost as exciting as the nfl.

got my DraftKings working. i'm with ya bud. #sweatwithjase

e:

gently caress it, also got:

Nicolae Negumereanu vs Kennedy Nzechukwu
$5 on Nzechukwu @ −145 to win $8.44

Edson Barboza vs Bryce Mitchell
$5 on Barboza @ +140 to win $12

Colby Covington vs Jorge Masvidal
$5 on Masvidal @ +250 to win $17.50

PARLAY:
Nzechukwu
−145
Sergey Spivak
−200
Edson Barboza
+140
Jorge Masvidal
+250

$10 to win $212.89 @ +2028

I feel pretty good about these actually. Nzechukwu is basically a Diaz brother in his fight style, so that's a homer pick, but I'm shocked that Barboza is a dog at all, I think Masvidal has a much better shot than +250, and Spivak has God on his side for this fight. let's go

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 1, 2022

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Fuckin awful to hear, Jase—wishing you the best.

feels stupid to even :justpost: about mma at this point but I’m on Covington by sub at +800 (and a sprinkle on round 4 specifically at +5000. Just got a hunch). Count me in on the Spivak train, gently caress Greg hardy

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Edson Barboza vs Bryce Mitchell
$5 on Barboza @ +140 to win $12

I'm shocked that Barboza is a dog at all,

The way I see it, UFC wants Mitchell to be a contender, so they wouldn't have booked this fight if they didn't think he could win

I will play Mitchell to win by Submission.

JASE I'm loving pulling for you. Hope to see your posts around here for a long time to come.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Best of luck Jase, I've loved reading your stories and some of the bets you've made have left my jaw hanging. God I hope Spivak KOs Greg Hardy even more than I already did.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
$20 on Spivak -152, first bet I’m ever making besides friendly bets with coworkers

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

And $10 on Spivak here too. Godspeed goons and Jase

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Nicolae Negumereanu vs Kennedy Nzechukwu
$5 on Nzechukwu @ −145 to win $8.44

welp, first fight and parlay out. but I'm here for Sergey. 🙏

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes
A tenner on Spivak, thank you for everything Jase

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Jase there are so many sporting events I've had more fun watching because of your posts here, you are a legend

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

OLG finally got their poo poo sorted and I'm in for $25 at -213 on Spivak

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
It would be funny if my final bet on here caused all the goons to lose living up to the original name of the thread. Don’t bet in MMA.

I purposely slept all day today so I can stay awake for this fight and event. Let me tell you the sweat is unreal right now. I always told my self if I bet my whole bankroll and lost I would stop gambling. So if somehow I survive this cancer and lose I’m gonna be loving pissed off if I can’t gamble. The good things is a degenerate never keeps his word anyways.

Thanks for all the support I hope Hardy gets his face kicked in and never fights again.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

20 bucks on spivac, go jase1

Also $20 parlayed spivac Holland Barbosa rda colby

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

put a measly bet in for spivak but dammit if I'm gonna bet on MMA it'll be this one

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
gently caress.

Greg.

Hardy.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I cannot legally bet money so I am betting with my soul.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

jase1 posted:

It would be funny if my final bet on here caused all the goons to lose living up to the original name of the thread. Don’t bet in MMA.

I purposely slept all day today so I can stay awake for this fight and event. Let me tell you the sweat is unreal right now. I always told my self if I bet my whole bankroll and lost I would stop gambling. So if somehow I survive this cancer and lose I’m gonna be loving pissed off if I can’t gamble. The good things is a degenerate never keeps his word anyways.

Thanks for all the support I hope Hardy gets his face kicked in and never fights again.

love you + 20 on spivac

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

brother when you beat this I will personally let you hustle me in pool to build it up again

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
lol the second post in the thread:

Save Russian Jews posted:

PSP Coleman losses
Fawker: $20
MassRayPer: $100
Save Russian Jews: $150
osama bin diesel: $50
Roadtard: $15
Malachamavet: $15
Bubba Smith: $20
Who Gotch Ya: $100
mobn: $20
attackmole: $20
OG KUSH BLUNTS: $20
Gourd of Taste: $100
BossTweed: $10

edit: I have never been prouder to lose money because a man won't wrestle

having said that lol i forgot this thread began with a ~goon bet~. 11 years later and we are now up to a $200K+ bet thanks to you

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I love you jase1

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hell yes.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yessssssss

Adbot