Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It’s Ring Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I am almost certain Margit randomly varies the timing on his swings even if it's the same attack from instance to instance. If that's the case that's part of why that fight is so difficult.

I'm not complaining though, I love it, been awhile since a Fromsoft game tested me like the Margit fight did.

The large windup attack absolutely varies its timing unless you gain distance to force him to use a charge. It's not the first time they've used the trick, but it's making the fight especially tedious when combined with the outrageous backhopping.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I turned the game off, that 3 hours was the longest game session I've had this year

I should be going to bed but I'm sittin here thinking about

Elden ring

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
game time baby, smell you on the other side

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Tomorrow I'm gonna take mushrooms and play more Elden Ring

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vermain posted:

The large windup attack absolutely varies its timing unless you gain distance to force him to use a charge. It's not the first time they've used the trick, but it's making the fight especially tedious when combined with the outrageous backhopping.

I'm playing a Prisoner so the backhop didn't bother me, I just fired off a couple glintswords while waiting for him to charge me again.

sigher posted:

Margit also has options as to what move he'll do next, I've never seen a boss combo into so many different strings of the same moves before in a Soulsborne. Some of his attacks will also change depending on the distance you are from him.

I've made it to about half health so far.

What I really love is that he'll cancel a combo string to use another attack if it's appropriate to your positioning/actions. For example, I've seen him throw a single dagger into a charge instead of double daggers.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

im here

im hosed up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i so happy

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Selia, Town of Sorcery is not a nice place :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Can you use ashes in boss fights? I just found the bell but had to call it a night

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

And elden ring just catastrophically crashed my PS5 and it won't restart lol

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
lmao, I figured I'd just create a character since my controller doesn't work, and the views in character creation are partially mapped to my rudder pedals with no way to change that. So even using m/kb, it keeps adjusting character view. joystick doesn't seem to be doing anything, and the throttle is unplugged. Such rookie dogshit.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Well gently caress!
I start my game, die to something faster than I could make out what it was. Appear somewhere new, talk to a guy and get killed by a guy on a horse. Explore to find some camp of easy dudes and a chest. Chest sends me somewhere with enemies that kill me in 2 hits and I cannot leave. This is what I get for avoiding spoilers.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WoodrowSkillson posted:

elden ring of death

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Phuzun posted:

Well gently caress!
I start my game, die to something faster than I could make out what it was. Appear somewhere new, talk to a guy and get killed by a guy on a horse. Explore to find some camp of easy dudes and a chest. Chest sends me somewhere with enemies that kill me in 2 hits and I cannot leave. This is what I get for avoiding spoilers.

Hell yeah dude

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

WoodrowSkillson posted:

one-armed tarnished no playstation little man

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Currently getting my rear end handed to me by the Leonine Misbegotten. This loving guy just moves at 100 mph and never lets up.

Game owns.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
they cannot make even bloodstains work in this game and the compass is from call of duty. there is a huge lack of cover also

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I was worried about my 7700k being below spec but the game still runs great. Even autodetected 1440p high

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Who up playin wit they Ring

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

My partner is hogging the ps5, and I don’t want to wait before playing. Should I get a second copy on PC, or my PS4? My PC had a 2080, 5600x and 16GB of ram

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Came out into the open world for the first time and found a big golden dude on a horse.

Killed him by hiding inside a building and poking him with magic missiles.

I assume this is the correct way to play.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
i5-7600k no overclock and a 3070 TI, running at 1440p on high. Getting a pretty consistent 55-60 fps. Sometimes it drops down to 40ish. No real stutters that I'm noticing.

It didn't recognize my Xbox controller but I used the first fix I found and it worked fine.

https://www.pcgamer.com/elden-ring-controller-not-working-try-this-fix/

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

hi birds

a short time later, i fell through the ground along the beach lmao

Also every time i die i get stuck on an infinite loading screen and have to alt+f4, which does add an extra layer of tension to combat.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 25, 2022

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WoodrowSkillson posted:

God drat that was scary lol, got it working

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Performance test number 2, 2070 Super

30-40 FPS on all settings high, 4k, HDR turned on. GPU fully cranked

This game definitely isn't as bad as perceived regarding performance and GPUs, they just need to fix the stuttering issue.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

just got this, played maybe 30 minutes, went in blind only on friends' hype

what do blood stains do? so many prompts but nothing happens?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah, everything is 100% good, only something is causing FPS hitching at critical times that I'm pretty sure isn't connected to GPU or CPU. Once that's resolved and the game is a buttery smooth 60fps throughout it's gonna be the GOAT

Still annoyed that I don't know what happened during the first boss fight though because it hitched hugely right as they dropped down and I didn't get a stable camera until I was already dead lol

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Came out into the open world for the first time and found a big golden dude on a horse.

Killed him by hiding inside a building and poking him with magic missiles.

I assume this is the correct way to play.

There is no wrong way to ring

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao gently caress off Easy Anti-Cheat

This is happening right after a crash. Right as I was about to pick up my dead body runes, which I assume are gone now.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Artelier posted:

blood stains dont work. they couldn't even implement something that has been in all of the soils games. from software is loving us again

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Artelier posted:

they should show you how a player died in that spot but right now they don't work

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

whaley posted:

blood stains dont work. they couldn't even implement something that has been in all of the soils games. from software is loving us again

Quitting the game (even from the title screen) also doesn't seem to work, as a PSA to everyone. Every time I've quit, steam still thinks the game is running. I noticed that the exe just gets suspended in task manager, so I've had to manually force quit it there in order to get the game to fully close, lmao

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ragequit posted:

This is happening right after a crash. Right as I was about to pick up my dead body runes, which I assume are gone now.

They shouldn't be gone, I seem to recall other souls games keeping your poo poo on the ground no matter what unless you die again even if you quit out

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Why is it always so beautiful…?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Ragequit posted:

what do u expect from a game that looks like battlefield 2042 when it starts ..........

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

What password are we using LLJK?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CodfishCartographer posted:

Quitting the game (even from the title screen) also doesn't seem to work, as a PSA to everyone. Every time I've quit, steam still thinks the game is running. I noticed that the exe just gets suspended in task manager, so I've had to manually force quit it there in order to get the game to fully close, lmao

When I quit the game tonight the title screen music 🎶 kept going for another 15s while I was on the desktop lmao

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Is it possible to look at the map when you're not resting at a grace site? I haven't found as way yet.

Also, has anyone found a shield that doesn't have parry so I can actually use these ashes of War?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Is it possible to look at the map when you're not resting at a grace site? I haven't found as way yet.

Also, has anyone found a shield that doesn't have parry so I can actually use these ashes of War?

You can look at it any time you're not in combat. It's the touchpad button on a PS controller, not sure about others.

And yeah there's one really early on from a merchant on the beach right where you emerge from the tutorial cavw