Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't recommend playing many games more than once, but Disco Elysium has meaningful replay value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I've still gotta play Disco. Here's a cool Scandinavian dance metal song that is appropriate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mELUHej372o

Rodney The Yam II posted:

It's actually really good

Hell yes. That was a piece of art, and rebellion, and the teacher was not as cool as the student there. School's out! party time

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 25, 2022

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol I forgot Majora's Mask came out on the same day as Elden Ring.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope someone gets fired for that blunder.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

George RR Martin has been fired

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

George A. Romero looks down from the clouds, giving Kirby his blessing.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Seems like more fixes got added for the N64 emulation

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1497018797546426371
https://twitter.com/GamingBoy256/status/1497018028889837595
https://twitter.com/Ferchou_27/status/1497030197899522054

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo is saved

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

Nintendo is saved

Elden Ring is doomed

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The artificial lag for Lava Piranha is still there. Theory on that is to slow down Lava Piranha's taking damaged animation (probably for seizures) since he shakes a lot more in the original.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If Majora's Mask is emulated with no glitches I might have to finally shell out for the online expansion.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

I am playing through MK8D again to prepare for the DLC and I forgot how lackluster the roster is. It feels like Nintendo went for quantity over quality, so many of the characters are either a Koopaling or an iteration of the same character. I kinda wish the upcoming DLC would give us new characters like Funky Kong and Petey Piranha.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*checks roster*

- Waluigi

That's everybody.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
How would Petey work the pedals anyway

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Witeldram posted:

I am playing through MK8D again to prepare for the DLC and I forgot how lackluster the roster is. It feels like Nintendo went for quantity over quality, so many of the characters are either a Koopaling or an iteration of the same character. I kinda wish the upcoming DLC would give us new characters like Funky Kong and Petey Piranha.

I think I know what you're saying, but "lackluster" can't possibly be the right term to use here. It's a beast of a roster that is very nearly a culmination of all previous games before it, and it takes my kid at least 2 full minutes to decide on a character before every single race

I actually wish it lacked a smidge more luster so we could get to the race faster

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Choco Mountain has fog again.

Fog is good. N64 games just aren’t the same without it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Witeldram posted:

It's not Smash, it's a driving game. There's like 50 different cars and about 30,000 different combinations of all available options.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

with his feet!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Looper posted:

with his feet!

Oh I was thinking of when he's in a pot.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

He did a good job with King Boo in Double Dash, who I think would have an even harder time working the pedals.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

The Kins posted:

In "I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen like 35 years ago" news, Nintendo has acquired SRD Co Ltd. If you're wondering "literally who?", they're a programming company that's contributed code to the vast majority of games Nintendo has made since the NES days (they outright programmed the NES Marios and Zeldas!) and their headquarters was literally inside of Nintendo's.

explained in an Iwata asks, too
https://web.archive.org/web/20110203071512/http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/mario25th/vol5_page1.jsp

Don’t have to do profit sharing with contractors, even if they ship 50 million copies :argh:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Oh I was thinking of when he's in a pot.

Petey Piranha is an ugly boss from Mario Sunshine, not the cool super smash bros fighter.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I really appreciate that they're making an effort to squash bugs (even if incrementally) rather than ignoring existing game bugs to focus on getting the next title out the door.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 25, 2022

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really appreciate that they're making an effort to squash them (even if incrementally) rather than ignoring existing game bugs to focus on getting the next title out the door.

To be fair it's probably pretty easy for Nintendo to rip one of their own roms and upload it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

get it together fuckin nintendorks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
drat, we should let boomers fight the wars then

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Google Butt posted:

Don't talk poo poo about Dry Bones :mad:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

give the troops more milk and some zumba. simple as

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Google Butt posted:

I choose to believe the fossil who said that calls every piece of video game paraphernalia a "Nintendo"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Just food for thought, boomers probably did play Nintendo. At least they definitely had Atari. But my parents are 60ish and cool and do martial arts and dig Lord of the Rings etc.

You think Bernie doesn't game? John Carpenter mentioned he's a gamer.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I choose to believe the fossil who said that calls every piece of video game paraphernalia a "Nintendo"

The NES generation would be between 52-36 right now and definitely not enlistment age, so this is absolutely the case

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Oh I gotcha, they maybe didn't stick around for Genesis, maybe dropped off by N64. My dad did like Tekken 2 and Twisted Metal though

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

boomers play the loving poo poo out of age of empires 2 to this day

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Heavy Metal posted:

Just food for thought, boomers probably did play Nintendo. At least they definitely had Atari. But my parents are 60ish and cool and do martial arts and dig Lord of the Rings etc.

You think Bernie doesn't game? John Carpenter mentioned he's a gamer.

https://twitter.com/jfrankensteiner/status/1317662463475830785?s=21

https://twitter.com/jfrankensteiner/status/1310778334952001536?s=21

:allears:

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 25, 2022

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

What a mensch! Plus he's making great music, scoring movies... inspiring stuff.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Triangle Strategy is there a thread? I wanna know about classes

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lot of people confusing regular piranha plants with Petey Piranha, grounds for thread expulsion for inadequate lore knowledge imo

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Zelden Ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Elden Ringfit - Fight the buff sexy dragon with Co op assisted sit ups.