Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i found a chest that teleported me to some hosed up cave. now im getting my rear end kicked by these magic crystal headed dudes. ftw

lmfao yep, this fuckin ggame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i found a chest that teleported me to some hosed up cave. now im getting my rear end kicked by these magic crystal headed dudes. ftw

22 minutes....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Even the trash enemies like the little imps have really fun movesets with lots of dodges and fakeouts. I feel like just basic combat swinging a sword around is the most fun it's ever been, you still have to commit but the extra mobility over dark souls feels awesome. Can't wait to get invaded

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

This game is incredible. I can't believe this exists.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've played for maybe 6 hours and I don't think I've left the immediate starting area.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My guy looks like he’s scared shitless in his little loincloth holding his club two-handed. loving pussy.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

House is spotless, fireplace is roaring, belly's full and the weed and liquor are flowing. Finally time to play this thing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it’s crazy how much From outdid themselves

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

@wormskull

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

TB12 isekai coming in nicely, toobz.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

what the heck I can't even log in, freaking artificial difficulty bullshit

honestly tho, I always forget, should I just start offline? Will it connect me while playing if possible?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

just like that, all my art is now solely drawn from elden ring themes

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

This might be the greatest video game ever made.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Leadthumb posted:

This might be the greatest video game ever made.

been saying this all day

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Little Demon posted:

been saying this all day

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

been saying this all day

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol already got owned twice while my hands were getting used to the controls.

this fuckin rules so far. my only souls game before this was bloodborne and this feels very similar, in a good way. it's going to be tough going back and forth between this and yakuza 6 but i'm going to try.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Got teleported to the crystal mines area and I'm super under leveled and I can't get out. At least I'm picking up some sick crafting mats every time I die to the centipede slave driver who shoots 400 homing needles at you every time she spots you.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Got teleported to the crystal mines area and I'm super under leveled and I can't get out. At least I'm picking up some sick crafting mats every time I die to the centipede slave driver who shoots 400 homing needles at you every time she spots you.

I thought it was a joke when it happened to me lol, and then I was like... uhhh gently caress lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everything about the opening hours of this game owns

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Played for 7 hours straight, called in sick, it’s the perfect game I don’t need another game this year

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
faked the covid test (thank you Homor_Simpson_Antivaxx on twitter for the tips), told my wife I was IN the hospital with covid and the house wa squarantied and she is staying at a motel, got enough pizza lunchables to last me 10 days... lets loving GO!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I thought at least part of it would be just hype but this is definitively the best video game ever made

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

can come back to this thread now. How is this game so good holy poo poo

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i am so mad i didn't schedule tomorrow off i am a loving rube

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Still haven't found the chest everyone's talking about but I found a different early game teleport to way off on the very edge of the map and it's terrifying out here lol. The Nightmare in Bloodborne never really clicked for me but this feels like what they were going for trying to create an alien hostile environment.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
to give you an idea of how good this is, I haven't stopped playing for 12 hours straight lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I began cooking a toaster oven pizza while I started the game up and got so enthralled that I burned it to char and almost started a fire. elden ring

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

I began cooking a toaster oven pizza while I started the game up and got so enthralled that I burned it to char and almost started a fire. elden ring

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Sub-Actuality posted:

Ftw

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

stratdax posted:

So the game design really is just "die to some enemy 60 times until you memorize exactly which frame to press the block and counterattack buttons"? Like there's no way of knowing or reading or planning how to engage with an enemy until you die a bunch?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lmfao jesus christ

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I tried to show him some grace

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm so far off the beaten path lmao. At the very start when you meet your maiden and she wants you to go through the gate with the big guy I've gone every other direction but that one. I thought I had a handle on the map but it's spiraling out of control now.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

I'm so far off the beaten path lmao. At the very start when you meet your maiden and she wants you to go through the gate with the big guy I've gone every other direction but that one. I thought I had a handle on the map but it's spiraling out of control now.

I don’t even know what the “start” is. I’m in a catacomb in my diaper. I’m level 1 and I haven’t unlocked levelling up yet and I’m fighting a cat.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmao. That boss rules. His animations are so strange it really makes the whole thing seem creepy as hell.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Lmao. That boss rules. His animations are so strange it really makes the whole thing seem creepy as hell.

I honestly thought it was the pc stuttering everyone else seems to be moaning about.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

It reminds me of the golem from Dragons Dogema

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not really a spoiler just a cool piece of equipment I found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm so glad i went into this blind