Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

projecthalaxy posted:

When Chris Benoit namesearches on this forum, that post won't come up.

Yes he does deserve to be spared op,s posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ThatB*noit

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I don't like K*vin S*llivan crawling the forums for references to his victims. </sarcasm>

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

EdsTeioh posted:

I don't like K*vin S*llivan crawling the forums for references to his victims. </sarcasm>

Reasonable, I'm sorry to have questioned you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Love Terry Boy

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Chyna being on Third Rock from the Sun was the one I'll always remember actually seeing when it was airing.

Years later finding that HHH played a defender of paedophiles on some terrible bicycle cops show called Pacific Blue made me laugh a lot because everything about it is terrible.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

EdsTeioh posted:

Also, King Kong Bundy showing up as a member of the Bundy family in Married with Children.

And then he showed up as himself towards the end of the show's run.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And then he showed up as himself towards the end of the show's run.

He was on more than once?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, he played Peg's cousin or uncle early on in the series and then himself like eight years later.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

al bundy married his sister? cousin?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, he played Peg's cousin or uncle early on in the series and then himself like eight years later.

OH ok; for some reason I thought that he was playing himself as that character or whatever. I dunno.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

China was fun on Third Rock from what I can recall. Maybe it was all awful as everything is, IDK

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
have there been any truly great singles wrestlers that just sucked poo poo at tag team wrestling? like, notably bad

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Hoss Corncave posted:

Years later finding that HHH played a defender of paedophiles on some terrible bicycle cops show called Pacific Blue made me laugh a lot because everything about it is terrible.

https://youtu.be/qD7J7x4M3Ig

Lmao when he suplexes the female cop.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

EdsTeioh posted:

Wasn't the the B*noit Owen Hart tribute match?

I think it was the WCW title tournament in 1999. The match itself, according to a quick google search, took place at the Mayhem PPV that year.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Anyone know how much AEW PPV tickets tend to cost? I'm trying to rejigger my Vegas trip and are doing some budgeting right now.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cavauro posted:

jim duggan was on the harry and the hendersons tv show. what are some more obscure pro wrestler cameos or bit parts in media that you can post? From your memory or 2 hours searching.

Kurrgan (Robert Maillet) is one of the pilots of Cherno Alpha in Pacific Rim

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Oh, and a bunch of TJPW wrestlers were in an episode of S.W.A.T. https://www.reddit.com/r/stardomjoshi/comments/eym874/tjpw_roster_members_were_featured_in_the_latest/

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One of the best wrestler appearances was when the Rock, Ken Shamrock and the Hardy Boyz were on That 70's Show. The Rock played Rocky Johnson and had this moment where he told Eric and Red Foreman something like, "I have a son too. One day he's going to be THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT."

And as he just dramatically stares off, there's this long pause before Red goes, "Yeah, that's great."

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Kurrgan (Robert Maillet) is one of the pilots of Cherno Alpha in Pacific Rim

Also the big French thug in the first RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The thought of Shoko with an uzi scares me to this day.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Best answer for a wrestler on tv is Andre the Giant playing Bigfoot on The Six Million Dollar Man in 1976. He wasn’t just Bigfoot, he was a robot Bigfoot created by aliens.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Steve Austin was in the cold opening of some 90s show about a team of lady bodyguards, I think they protected him from some bad guys while he hid.

That’s all I can remember I was like 10 and he wasn’t in the rest of the episode so I didn’t watch it.

Edit: I remembered IMDB

https://youtu.be/-1bME-uTH_M

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

EdsTeioh posted:

Also, King Kong Bundy showing up as a member of the Bundy family in Married with Children.

The family is named after him. The neighbors were (originally) named after Dusty Rhodes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Suleman posted:

Also the big French thug in the first RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Former wrestler and WWE Hall of Fame member, Drew Carey, had a bit part in the Coneheads movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

John Cena showing up on Parks and Recreation in the Johnny Karate episode was pretty great. But I just love that episode in general.

Kind of surprised that they never got Austin to show up on the Good Place, considering the main character was in love with him. I think at most they got Austin to do a congratulations video for the show's finale.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Price Check posted:

The family is named after him. The neighbors were (originally) named after Dusty Rhodes.

And Jefferson's last name was taken from Sting's kayfabe last name.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

And Jefferson's last name was taken from Sting's kayfabe last name.

Sting D'arcy?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

What was the match where Jericho bled buckets in Tennessee as per Eddie Kingston's promo the othe rnight

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CommonShore posted:

What was the match where Jericho bled buckets in Tennessee as per Eddie Kingston's promo the othe rnight

Thrillseekers vs Heavenly Bodies

Yes.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

CommonShore posted:

https://youtu.be/IMHm9tnQOQQ
Someone else posted it in another topic but I don't remember which one to credit them.

Manos99
Mar 17, 2009

Cavauro posted:

jim duggan was on the harry and the hendersons tv show. what are some more obscure pro wrestler cameos or bit parts in media that you can post? From your memory or 2 hours searching.

Terry Funk shows up for literally a second (being sentenced by a judge) in the pilot episode of The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Terry did plenty of acting in small parts, but was definitely a shock when I saw it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Terry Funk also starred in a Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction segment about a career jobber who was supposed to win his retirement match (Terry Funk retiring in 1998? nooooo) before the manager of the other wrestler politicked to change the finish so he goes into business for himself and kills the other wrestler by accident.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
If music videos count, Big Show was in "Thong Song Uncensored." Bella Twins were in "Na Na" by Trey Songz. I'm sure there's plenty of others.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Minidust posted:

If music videos count, Big Show was in "Thong Song Uncensored." Bella Twins were in "Na Na" by Trey Songz. I'm sure there's plenty of others.

Shane Strickland was in the video for the Flatbush Zombies song "New World Order"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpFWPVqHx8

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

One of Funk's best roles was as a random goon in Road House for Swayze to beat up.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Goddamnit, this just makes me want to see someone trying to woo Sting as Elizabeth Bennet

tbh that's a gimmick with some potential: Regency-era female protagonist who cuts witty, snide promos, enters the ring wearing a long dress with an Empire waist, white gloves, and a hat, and wrestling so violently it would give Vince McMahon a heart attack to even think about it.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 25, 2022

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is in either Grown Ups or Grown Ups 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Alaois posted:

Shane Strickland was in the video for the Flatbush Zombies song "New World Order"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpFWPVqHx8

Swerve is the loving coolest

how can we forget whatever video DDP and/or Raven was in?