Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Now with the power to shrink!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Good to see these two girls talking.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Honestly, I don't care all that much about Undine or Kokoro. I mostly want to know what Tess is up to.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

All the girls are worth caring about!

That being said I demand a Rue-centric chapter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly, I don't care all that much about Undine or Kokoro.
I have some bad new for you about who the main characters are.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly, I don't care all that much about Undine or Kokoro.

You should reconsider your words and decisions.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

girl dick energy posted:

I have some bad new for you about who the main characters are.

The girl on the middle of the first page and the first one we actually see in the story?
Yeah I wouldn't write her off as a side character yet.
Those dorky lesbians are cute and all, but Tessa's plot is really intriguing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm not saying she's not important. I'm saying her character arc is inextricably linked with that of one of these two dorky lesbians you don't care for.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
undine, kokoro, tess, and goopy are the four main characters of the comic and it's hard to argue against that. i'd maybe add anemone in there but that's more on how she's clearly very important to the future of the comic and less so about her right now

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

All this is just prequel for Eggbaby: Paranormal Detective

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bussamove posted:

All the girls are worth caring about except Mark!

Fixed -- wait no, it didn't work.

Bussamove posted:

That being said I demand a Rue-centric chapter.

Yeah, though. Her whole perspective is interesting. Honestly, I would read her manifesto.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

We kind of had a Rue-centric chapter! It was the one where she almost died and was saved by Zoe. Although Zoe was an important part of it, it was definitely focused on Rue and her thoughts/predicaments.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah I get that Kokoro and Undine are the main characters and I'm invested in them for sure but Mary kinda made the mistake of making Tess way, way, way more compelling than them.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we saw Rue sooner rather than later. She's maybe the one other person in the story besides Undine right now that might be able to recognize Tessa on sight, and depending on who exactly is in the driver's seat I'm not sure that Gooptessa would think to avoid her.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Cattail Prophet posted:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we saw Rue sooner rather than later. She's maybe the one other person in the story besides Undine right now that might be able to recognize Tessa on sight, and depending on who exactly is in the driver's seat I'm not sure that Gooptessa would think to avoid her.

On the other hand, Team Alchemical was one of the most popular teams around for a while, so it wouldn't be surprising if someone else recognized her. It's only been... what, less than a month since the start of the comic?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1489520227264217088?t=C4zby6SD6EnLLETffm8dSw&s=19

I don't expect people to be recognizing her thanks to the power of anime

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

New page!

Look at these girls, all talking out their problems and stuff. Who even does that

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If you ignore Undine's skirt edges in panel five and imagine she's not sitting, she looks like a morose femme nutcracker.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you're a morose femme nutcracker

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Morose Femme Nutcracker is the new name for my band. I don't actually have a band

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing
New page.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some great understated expressions in this one.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This like the healthy version of that conversation with Tessa under the statue. That's unfair though.

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

New page.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Anemone time

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

New page.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A new page

The Discord is going wild with theories right now.

Highlights include:
Anemone sleeping is what creates the barrier
- Therefore the monsters are her nightmares
Anemone gets double barrier protection because WIW cares that much about her
Anemone doesn't create the barrier but does see/interact through it when she sleeps
- Maybe the messages in code that appear on the barrier sometimes are coming from her
- Maybe Goops and Goldie come from her head too, and that's why she can't explain them
- Would that mean the memory Tessa inherited of arguing with the WIW was an argument Anemone had?
Tessa is going to try to kill her/cut her off from the barrier to stop her dreaming it up
Or she needs to be here when the barrier goes down to sever her connection to her
Or she just wants to stand ominously over Anemone's bed when she wakes up and taunt her

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
those are some absurdly large spiral-bound notebook and pens

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Guessing she sees through the barrier

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Her power is (basically though not fully) omniscience so her sleeping "on" the barrier as part of how her power works would make the most sense, and I could also see the writing we see being from her, but idk about some of those other theories. Really excited to see where this goes.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

ronya posted:

those are some absurdly large spiral-bound notebook and pens

Yeah the perspective in this panel is slightly jank. Just compare that nightstand's size to Anemone herself.

But I'm not gonna nitpick the art when if I recall Mary has someone to help with backgrounds now because her dad is sick. Overall it works really well and the shots have been really impressive.

I find it really interesting how the inside of her house is affected by the barrier. That definitely isn't something we see in other people's houses, it's very new (we've seen it in Tessa's bedroom, for instance - it only affects the outside of the house and the windows). I'm guessing it has to be that way so she can sleep on the barrier for her omniscience, yeah. Does that mean monsters can spawn inside her house? Do they not perceive her as being human to attack her when she's part of the barrier like that?

But it's very interesting because this implies her omniscience only applies to the night. Also, she can also sense the fourth wall and isn't affected by the Woman In White cognitohazard. Are those just a side effect of her powers?

I really don't think that she generates the barrier itself given that magical girls "age out" of having their powers and we know that the barrier mechanics have existed for at least a prior generation (see: Starlight Spear and all that), unless Anemone is way older than she looks and is just trapped at a certain age, which could explain why her demeanor is so contrary to her smaller size. She also derisively talks about her own power at one point, "After all, that's my power... whether it's useful or not." Someone who makes the entire barrier would not talk about it like that, I don't think, unless she was somehow unaware of it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Given how relevant dreams have been thus far, I’f say her being asleep is absolutely critical to something.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The Holly Jolly interstial does imply that Anemone is at least ageless.

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

New page.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Beginning to think that this is Zanarkand type situation.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That evil scorpion monster is cute as hell

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Evil Pokemon trainer

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I choose you, childhood trauma!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

time for the golden girl to bust out HER extremely unevolved pokemon