Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pants Donkey posted:

Conservative response to Russia is all over the place. You have war-horny who want to note how weak Biden is and note that Putin never did this during Trump’s term. But wait, Biden is a neoliberal, so he might actually have invade Russian or something ill-advised. So you have another contingent complaining about putting troops in danger for some other countries, which would be fine except it’s mixed in with stupid poo poo like “Biden protecting Ukraine to save his Hunter Biden secrets!”

They really want concrete action from Biden so they can develop proper marching orders to follow. It’d be funny to watch if there weren’t like, a war going on.

Can we buy them all tickets to the warzone? One way only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It doesn't help that Trump's response to the invasion was complete support. Freep's coping with it by claiming "He was being sarcastic, brilliant troll, can't believe the media fell for it!" but right wing media doesn't seem like it wants to go that route, probably because they don't want to get on Trump's bad side since they know he can just declare them Fake News.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pants Donkey posted:

Conservative response to Russia is all over the place. You have war-horny who want to note how weak Biden is and note that Putin never did this during Trump’s term. But wait, Biden is a neoliberal, so he might actually have invade Russian or something ill-advised. So you have another contingent complaining about putting troops in danger for some other countries, which would be fine except it’s mixed in with stupid poo poo like “Biden protecting Ukraine to save his Hunter Biden secrets!”

They really want concrete action from Biden so they can develop proper marching orders to follow. It’d be funny to watch if there weren’t like, a war going on.

I seem to recall a specific situation arose under Obama's presidency and for a few days, Obama did not share his opinion on it. As a result, it was impossible to squeeze an opinion out of any Republican because they were all desperately waiting for Obama to take a position so that they could take the opposite position

I just can't remember what the issue is and it's driving me nuts

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

Calling it, Rall's going to do the whattaboutism defense for Russia

D-shill 1: Russia invaded the Ukraine, how terrible

D-shill 2: Totally unjustified, unlike when the US invaded the Philippines, Guam, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Panama, Grenada, Nicaragua, Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan...

Rall actually has a podcast with Stantis and it seems they bring up the whataboutism, but also just go right into "and Russia is just protecting their borders anyway, it's fine" (I didn't listen to it, he had a post on his blog about this).

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I seem to recall a specific situation arose under Obama's presidency and for a few days, Obama did not share his opinion on it. As a result, it was impossible to squeeze an opinion out of any Republican because they were all desperately waiting for Obama to take a position so that they could take the opposite position

Probably not the example you're thinking of, but when Trayvon Martin was murdered there was a very brief period where even Republicans were condemning it until Obama spoke about it, at which point they all swung hard to justifying it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Branco breaths a sigh of relief. That was close, he almost forgot to draw blood on the hands of the man standing opposite Vladimir Putin.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

JerikTelorian posted:

Rall actually has a podcast with Stantis

This sounds like the most insufferable thing imaginable.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Give it a few weeks, they'll eventually coalesce around something extremely stupid but frighteningly effective.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I feel there's a better way to handle those citations. Are those the actual recorded words of various historical racists, as transcribed by these various organizations?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the US and UK response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine – Joe Biden and Boris Johnson have pledged solidarity with the Ukrainian people after Russia’s incursion"

Telegraph

EU hesitant to cut Russia off Swift as it pays for its gas, says Ben Wallace; Is the curtain coming down on ‘Londongrad’?

Matt:

Flood water breaches River Severn defences with more heavy rain, 70mph winds and snow on the way

Independent:

Times:

Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

JerikTelorian posted:

Rall actually has a podcast with Stantis
lol oh my God

https://podcasts.apple.com/id/podcast/dmz-america-with-ted-rall-scott-stantis/id1580768498

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

I can only imagine it's just white noise. Literally the entire podcast is static, that's the only way they can convey how bland, uninteresting and uninformative both "cartoonists" are

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Wasn't it military action in Libya?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Knight:

Spooner:

Wind turbines! :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Ah, yes. Putin, noted for having the exact same political ideology as Marx and Stalin; who, in fact, had the same political ideology as each other, with no differences at all.

And actually, Putin became Prime Minister of Russia right after Stalin went out of power. There was no one in the interim. Not at all. Why do you ask?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mikl posted:

Ah, yes. Putin, noted for having the exact same political ideology as Marx and Stalin; who, in fact, had the same political ideology as each other, with no differences at all.

And actually, Putin became Prime Minister of Russia right after Stalin went out of power. There was no one in the interim. Not at all. Why do you ask?

I like it that they're giving him the evil eye, but otherwise, yes. Putin even disavowed Lenin for creating Ukraine out of nothing and causing all of this...

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kaza42 posted:

I can only imagine it's just white noise. Literally the entire podcast is static, that's the only way they can convey how bland, uninteresting and uninformative both "cartoonists" are

I imagine it's just Stantis repeating the same thing every week slightly differently while Rall responds to it in whatever manner is the opposite of what he did last week. I will not be checking it to find out

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also, Marx and Engels were never president of the Soviet Union; little known fact.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
5 Russian guys, just hanging out

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Mikl posted:

Uh, it's parodying the famous three/four/five heads soviet propaganda imagery.

see, e.g., here. There's a gazillion variants of it. The other guys are also likely giving Putin sideye for a reason.

edit: here, the basic sybmolic version is on wikipedia as it turns out.

edit 2: now I want one with Rall as the sixth head.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 25, 2022

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

President Donald Trump recently said everything ‘woke’ turns to…well, failure is another word for it.

Critical Race Theory was designed to destroy the fabric of our culture. It’s a form of Marxism. We are now subjected to unwatchable ‘woke’ movies, woke universities, dozens of odd pronouns, and hectoring woke politicians. We’re all familiar with their schtick by now. They use worship words such as ‘inclusion,’ ‘equity,’ and make important decisions based on identity politics. Still, as annoying as it is, woke-ism is downright dangerous when applied to the military.

When the US fighting forces hastily skedaddled from Afghanistan due to Biden’s incompetence, I noticed LBGTQ flags were prominently displayed—often equal with the US flag. No wonder the Taliban had contempt for our fighting forces. The woke philosophy was pushed onto the troops from the top down, however. It’s not the fault of our fighting forces.

There have always been gays in the military. They fought and died for their country, but kept their mouths shut about their sexuality. If asked, most denied being gay. Then, under the Clinton administration, a ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy was instituted. That seemed to work well for a long time, but it wasn’t enough for the woke crowd.

Biden kowtowed to the far-left progressives and now does whatever he’s told. He’s responsible for promoting woke-ism in the military as well as many of his generals including General Milley, a proven traitor to his country. Woke-ism is at odds with Christianity. As a result, Christian soldiers are hounded as intolerant ‘haters.’ White soldiers in general are automatically stamped as racist according to the woke philosophy, but then it gets carried further. Many are accused of being ‘white supremacists,’ which means getting kicked out of the service.

Soldiers and sailors are no longer drummed out of the military for being gay. Instead, they are promoted. It doesn’t matter if they’re qualified or not. Look at Pete Buttigieg. He got promoted to Secretary of Transportation even though he couldn’t even figure out how to fill his town’s potholes when he was mayor. No, he was appointed by Biden due to woke-ism and identity politics. Joe wanted a token gay representative in his cabinet and he got his man. Now he’s applying the same attitude toward his Supreme Court pick. Qualifications are trumped by race and sex. ‘Trans’ people in particular have become sacred cows. The military must cater to their special needs.

Woke-ism is very divisive and destructive to military cohesiveness. Other countries pick up on this fact and are emboldened. Russia and China, for example.

A weak military invites danger. Right now we have extraordinarily weak leadership. Instead of sending soldiers to protect our wide open southern borders, Biden is threatening to send them to Europe to protect their borders.

Everything Biden has touched has turned to…well, failure is another word for it.

— Ben Garrison

Cisgender heterosexual white Christians, the most oppressed group of them all.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's still a part of a tiring series of comics calling a guy soviet for engaging in war justified solely by nationalism. Which are all rather tedious and acts like the Russian Federation doesn't have its own ongoing history of imperialism.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Biden is a wimp right, I'll just draw him as a hardass gung ho drill sergeant then!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

(Russia invades Ukraine)
Ben Garrison: Clearly this is all because of leftists ignoring gender binaries!

It'd be impressive how frequently he finds some way to tie all of the world's problems back into people not being straight or cis enough if it weren't so disturbing.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 26, 2022

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Discendo Vox posted:

Uh, it's parodying the famous three/four/five heads soviet propaganda imagery.

I think OP recognises the incredibly famous peice of imagery, they're just disputing the implications of the cartoon.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

When the US fighting forces hastily skedaddled from Afghanistan due to Biden’s incompetence, I noticed LBGTQ flags were prominently displayed—often equal with the US flag. No wonder the Taliban had contempt for our fighting forces.
Just casually admitting you agree with the Taliban about LGBT issues.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don’t know if this is bad enough gaslighting to qualify as a worst gaslighting nominee, but it’s the complete opposite of reality.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

quote:

Then, under the Clinton administration, a ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy was instituted. That seemed to work well for a long time, but it wasn’t enough for the woke crowd.

I wonder why this policy that caused gay people massive amounts of stress and hardship for hiding their sexuality because if they were suspected of being gay they would be immediately discharged wasn't good enough for them? Oh well must just be because the woke crowd hates white people.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What, like I get what it's saying, so why maybe?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Cisgender heterosexual white Christians, the most oppressed group of them all.

Knowing how to apply your makeup to keep your face clean and professional is an important skill for troops, yeah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dunno about anyone else but I'd be extremely impressed to see A Troop applying lipstick perfectly while at parade attention with a rifle in the other hand. That takes skill.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

I didn't even have to re-order these.

Al Goodwyn

Who cares about Ukraine when I can't use slurs!?

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

China Shark kinda looks dismayed at what Russia Shark is doing.

Gary Markstein

Henry Payne

This is the fourth Commie Trudeau in a Tank toon Payne's put out over the last ten days.

Rob Rogers

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Russia can't post for 12 hours!

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Window to the Soul Eyes being the window to the soul reveal Putin as an evil tyrant and Biden as a dithering idiot.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

"Hey, think of it like this several years old comic book movie reference where a genocidal villain beats up a really strong good guy, and then at the end of the story the villain dies in a moment of hubris and the good guys win."

"Am I the villain?"

"No, you're the good guy."

The constant stanning for villains by conservatives will never stop being hilarious to me. They can't help themselves. The funniest version of this remains that time the Trump campaign released a video where Thanos snaps the Democrats away, but they used that clip of Thanos from Endgame where him doing this results in an utter and instant failure.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Ha, yeah, remember when ol' Brandon said the thing about looking into Putin's eye and seeing his soul, finding him trustworty?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Uhhhh "decades"? Russia/Georgia was in 2008. The Chechen war ended in '09.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

hooman posted:

Uhhhh "decades"? Russia/Georgia was in 2008. The Chechen war ended in '09.

In fairness a lot of people don't count Georgia as being in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Yeah, the people talking about "decades of peace in Europe" are absolutely aware of history.

They're just ignorant of geography.