Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Thank you so much for the lovely card Zoesdare, it's much appreciated! My first goonmail!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
Late reply of thanks to Keetron!! Honestly that made my absolute day receiving it, so amazing!! Best first mail ever :)

Thank you to Team Lunch as well for the cool stickers and card! Love the hologram, it's cool!

My cards are winging their way out on Saturday :)

Honestly can't thank you both enough!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

I got lots of goonmail in Feb: Subjunctive, Lamb, rear end-penny, Zoersdare and Coolusername. The coming week I'll start answering mail, I am a bit behind thanks to starting a new position and that is always exhausting. Fun fact: my replies go to at least three continents.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Lamb I got your valentines 💕💕 thank you so much!!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thanks Lamb for your Valentine! And yeah, it's a thing in Canada too.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I am an awful pen pal. I have a pile of mail on my desk that I need to respond to, but in the meantime, thank you to coolusername, Zoesdare, DLAO, rear end-penny, meat glitter, bulletsponge13, kafka's goldfish, Subjunctive, and Keetron. You have brightened my days immeasurably, and I promise to write back soon(ish)!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got a piece of goon mail today from Kafka's Goldfish and enclosed in the letter was this super dope cross stitch, it's dope as hell, thank you so much!

You sent me a postcard sometime last year I think but there was no return address or even a username, but I recognize your writing. I'll get back at you soon!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I got a lovely valentine's card from lamb! Thank you, you aready have like three mails on their way to you, but now it's gonna be even more. Out of love!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Oh no, Meat Glitter! Your letter was returned!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Oh no, Meat Glitter! Your letter was returned!

Our local postal service also had some trouble with deciphering what was my address and what was the return address, there were a lot of additional stickers and scribbles on the envelope. I'd recommend to put the return address on the back flap of the envelope, Zazzle.com has really nice and affordable return address stickers.

It could also have been that the mailpeople just wanted to fondle the beautiful envelope some more, it looked really nice!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Keetron posted:

Our local postal service also had some trouble with deciphering what was my address and what was the return address, there were a lot of additional stickers and scribbles on the envelope. I'd recommend to put the return address on the back flap of the envelope, Zazzle.com has really nice and affordable return address stickers.

It could also have been that the mailpeople just wanted to fondle the beautiful envelope some more, it looked really nice!

My handwriting is pretty atrocious so I may have to try this. Good advice. (It doesn't help that I end up writing on the small size wat is this an address for ants?)

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Goons are Great, thank you for the stickers! I love stickers.

Keetron, thank you for the balls! I legit laughed when I saw the label. I've planted them around my front lawn. I will report back as to the wildlife they attract.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lamb posted:

Keetron, thank you for the balls! I legit laughed when I saw the label. I've planted them around my front lawn. I will report back as to the wildlife they attract.

Happy to hear you liked my balls and humor, I was slightly worried customs would be offended, those people can be enigmatic.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Kafkas goldfish that was perhaps the most beautiful card I’ve ever gotten 💕

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got a very nice letter from keetron, thanks friend!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I also got a lovely letter from Keetron!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
rear end-penny, thank you so much! I absolutely adore the stickers, especially the goosebumps, and they will live in a place of honour (my bullet jourrnal).

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
So in September I posted a go fund me about my cat, Lilly, having cancer. We were told before the surgery that there was a 90% chance the cancer would come back on the other set of mammaries. She had her surgery and everything was great, the vet told us we could hold off a bit on getting the non-cancer side done but should do it as a preventative. Well bills and covid and we never got a chance to do it yet. I notice she started vomiting a lot (again) and decided to check her one night in bed. Felt the lumps and my husband and I both sighed and accepted what was coming since we were warned, 6 months later later for cancer to re-emerge sounds spot on. The next morning I checked in the light annnnnd the lumps are on the same side that the operation happened…

We have an appt with the vet in 2 weeks but I’m not expecting good news. I can’t keep cutting off parts of my cat chasing cancer around her body. I’m also not going to keep her alive while she gets more and more sick until she reaches some arbitrary level of cancer ridden that I decide it’s an even exchange for my sadness. That’s not fair to her since she can’t understand what’s going on with her body and why she feels worse and worse.
This is my first pet that I’m making the decision on her life and it is awful. I keep randomly crying cause I know what’s going to happen. I’m just going to spoil her rotten for the next 2 weeks to make her as happy as possible and spend as much time with her as I can. This is the worst part of being a pet parent. She’s only 6 or 7.

I just wanted to share this here cause I know some people donated to her gofundme. Love your pets goons, their lives are way too short.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

That's awful Ceramic Pig, I'm sorry :(

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'm moving soon-ish and I had to cancel my PO box rent for the future, so I have to pause getting amazing new mail for a little bit until I'm settled once again!
I'm gonna find a new fancy box to use nearby as soon as I have my stuff handled and gonna post a new address.

If you sent me a card or letter recently or plan to do so just now, no worries, for about 3 months it will still find its way to me regardless!

I'll still send you guys cards though, I just can't receive for a little while

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

If you get a card in the mail saying Happy February from me it’s because they all got lost in the shuffle and just got found

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The last batch of cards I got were partially saying happy halloween so I am excited about this, too!

snail mail really living up its name sometimes
I also got a few cards back that I sent out and they made it to the US and then were marked as not good and sent back and now I'm going to try again so you guys will be getting mail that made it around the world multiple times

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Zoesdare posted:

If you get a card in the mail saying Happy February from me it’s because they all got lost in the shuffle and just got found

I just got your February postcard! Thank you so much!

GAG did you ever get that letter I sent you?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Uhhh I'm afraid no, maybe the post pidgeon has eaten it

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Thank you for the card, lamb! Gonna reply and add in even more stickers, because I have buttloads of those

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Oooooookay, so after a full year of waiting for the sale to finalise, the solicitors losing the deed to the property, a lot of back-and-forth between COVID-19 and various construction delays, Mr Alleyway and I are finally in our new apartment!

lamb, should I PM you my new address for the spreadsheet or just drop it here for all and sundry?

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Oooooookay, so after a full year of waiting for the sale to finalise, the solicitors losing the deed to the property, a lot of back-and-forth between COVID-19 and various construction delays, Mr Alleyway and I are finally in our new apartment!

lamb, should I PM you my new address for the spreadsheet or just drop it here for all and sundry?

Congrats to you both; sounds like it was a bit of a nightmare and I can imagine your relief!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Whatever you feel comfortable doing! I have plat so you can send it to me if you want 😊

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
If anyone wants to send some letters, you could maybe even send them here. (No NSW)

Edwin + Bre

7701 Baymeadows Circle West
Condo 1160
Jacksonville, Florida 32256 USA

I wanna send out some sketches soon, to people. I've been drawing on a buncha watercolor postcards recently.

Ravenicus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 27, 2022

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I received a postcard from Zoesdare and am way behind replying to everyone.

Ravenicus posted:

If anyone wants to send some letters, you could maybe even send them here. (No NSW)
You got it, buddy!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

New address finally!

Poo In An Alleyway
Apartment 39
Camden Court
Knapps Square
Cork City
T23 CX36
Ireland

Regular goonmail can now resume!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I got a pretty postcard from Zoesdare and a nice letter from Keetron (the latter a little while ago) and they made me smile.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

This week I received goonmail from Kafka's Goldfish and Goons Are Great and oh my are goons stepping up their game these past few months!

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Kafka's Goldfish, thank you very much for the letter. It is quite possibly one of the most pageantry regalia pieces of mail I have received. The wax seal looks so cool! We appreciate it.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Does anyone love here love Animal Crossing? I have some stickers to spare and I'm about to send off a letter batch.

Also Lamb, thank you for the post card!

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Several of us do! It’s on the interests line of the list.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

The list has been updated!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have not thanked all of the goons who have been sending me and Mrs. Genesplicer letters and cards. Despite the fact that we have not acknowledged them until now, we really do appreciate them and Mrs. Genesplicer tells me "You really need to write some cards in return!" And, of course, I agree with her, and I never seem to get around to it, mainly because I am a horrible person right now. Hopefully when Summer Break begins, I will have some time to devote to actually returning the favors so many of you have done.

Thanks for the cards!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Genesplicer posted:

I have not thanked all of the goons who have been sending me and Mrs. Genesplicer letters and cards. Despite the fact that we have not acknowledged them until now, we really do appreciate them and Mrs. Genesplicer tells me "You really need to write some cards in return!" And, of course, I agree with her, and I never seem to get around to it, mainly because I am a horrible person right now. Hopefully when Summer Break begins, I will have some time to devote to actually returning the favors so many of you have done.

Thanks for the cards!

If it makes you feel better, I can address the cards I send you once in a while to only Mrs Genesplicer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Keetron posted:

If it makes you feel better, I can address the cards I send you once in a while to only Mrs Genesplicer?

I think she might like that!